What's new

F-16 Block 15MLU/50/52 Fighter

Status
Not open for further replies.
I never belive on US.. the time is too short the current US goverment is just have to go in 7 months and the goverment is not going to give you that JET's its better to make another move towards J-10 or JAS 39 Gripens (will be ideal because SAAB Erieyes are also comming)

Its my opinion ....

100 + JAS 39 in complete replacemnt of F-16 along with the complete technology and production line transfer agrement ..

Such options are available but...

Remains to be seen what happens between the US and Pakistan on WoT!
If our foreign policy changes, then we might see some more bans from US on Pakistan for Arms Sales, which will put us in hands of Chinese or what ever available Jet we can get from the West!

I never belive on US.. the time is too short the current US goverment is just have to go in 7 months and the goverment is not going to give you that JET's its better to make another move towards J-10 or JAS 39 Gripens (will be ideal because SAAB Erieyes are also comming)

Its my opinion ....

100 + JAS 39 in complete replacemnt of F-16 along with the complete technology and production line transfer agrement ..

If US puts sactions on pakistan, you can say goodbye to gripen as well. Alot of parts used in gripen comes from the US. But i done believe that US would put to many sactions on pakistan, even the new government wont why because once they enter the white house they'll know the exact situation of what is going on by the CIA and i personally dont think so that US would cut pakistan away like it happened back in the 90s. Times were different then and now US needs pakistan's support on WOT. Not only on WOT but i would say that US could not afford pakistan getting slipped away from US grip, not to forget the only islamic nuclear armed nation. Hope you get the drill here why i meantioned nuclear.

Pentagon orders latest F-16s for Pakistan: FO
By Hanif Khalid

ISLAMABAD: The United States has initiated work on upgradation of F-16 fighter jets for the Pakistan Air Force (PAF) and the Pentagon has placed orders with the US aircraft manufacturers for provision of the latest version of F-16 jets, Foreign Office spokesman Mohammed Sadiq disclosed to The News on Saturday.
In an exclusive chat, he said the PAF would soon start receiving delivery of the new aircraft.
“The planes currently being used by the PAF are being fitted with the latest avionics and other equipment,” he said. “This up-gradation will make them the most modern planes,” he remarked.
The spokesman also discussed the US-Pakistan relations, specially in view of the current negative media campaign in the US papers.
“Media has very important role in the foreign policy of Pakistan but policies are never devised under the influence of media,” Sadiq said.
“Media and think tank reports which create doubts about Pakistan’s role in the war against terrorism are detrimental to this war and; therefore, the media and think tanks must desist from harming this global effort,” he said.
“Relations between Pakistan and the US are not only important but these are also very crucial for the peace and stability in the region,” he said.
Sadiq said terrorism is a challenge not only for Pakistan but also for the whole world. “Global cooperation is a must for elimination of the menace of terrorism,” he added.
Referring to statements being made in the current US presidential campaign, Sadiq said unfortunately some presidential hopefuls and politicians of some other countries have tried to make Pakistan an issue in their domestic politics.
“Some statements by such persons have made it clear that they neither know about the internal situation in Pakistan nor can they imagine what may be consequences of such rhetoric and how such statements demoralise those who are laying their lives in the war on terror,” the foreign office spokesman said.
The spokesman pointed out that policies of the US administration and statements of presidential hopefuls are two different things. He said the Pakistani government would maintain the present level of relationship with whosoever wins the presidential election in the US.
“The issuance of statements during run-up to the presidential election and adoption of policies after coming into power are two different things. The Pak-US relations are not important just for one presidential hopeful but for all presidential hopefuls in the United States,” he said.
Muhammad Sadiq said US Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice would meet President Pervez Musharraf on Jan 23 in Davos and the two sides would discuss proposals for promotion of the bilateral relations.
Pentagon orders latest F-16s for Pakistan: FO

Latest update on F-16 issue.
Regards,

"With the exception of the HUD, many of these features remain controversial to this day.[citation needed] The side-mounted stick makes it difficult for pilots to "switch hands" in order to operate cockpit controls with the right hand, often forcing them to use their left hand to operate controls on the center or right side of the cockpit (the latter being few). The reclined seat makes this difficult, as well as making it somewhat more difficult to look directly to the rear[citation needed] and significantly increasing the risk of neck ache.[11] It has been suggested that the actual benefit in terms of g capability is very close to zero[citation needed], and the real reason for the large incline was to make the seat fit into the aircraft."

F-16 Fighting Falcon - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I read this in wikipedia.org. Is it true that seat reclination has nothing to do with ability to sustain g loads, rather it was reclined so that pilot can fit in the cockpit?

So far we dont have to trust the US at the time our OLD F-16's Will be MLUed ...
Any Idea when they starting in Turkey ?

So far we dont have to trust the US at the time our OLD F-16's Will be MLUed ...
Any Idea when they starting in Turkey ?

ahussains - dont be so de-motivated - read the AFM News thread. the PAF F-16 MLU program has commenced as of Jan-08.

ITT wins $78.2M Pakistan contract

Mar. 18, 2008

WASHINGTON (AP) - ITT Corp. (NYSE:ITT) has won a $78.2 million Air Force contract to supply Pakistan with electronic warfare systems for use aboard F-16 fighter jets, the Defense Department said late Tuesday. The purchase will be made under the Foreign Military Sales Program.

Shares of ITT Corp., based in White Plains, N.Y., rose $1.61 to $54.85 Tuesday.

the indian lobby in USA is really working frantically to snub the deal .... this is such a sad thing to begin with. If you happen to have watched the 60th anne edition of MEREY MUTABIQ of Dr Shahid Masood, in which they had invited some indian counterparts, in one of the questions regarding the nuclear issue, the Ex Indian Army Chief said that we have all the rights to procure any technology to bolster our def / tech requirements. Later with regardsto F-16 issue, when he said that India has major concerns over Pakistan's deal of F-16, then Gen Aslam Baig, replied to him.... in a manner as if to say .. wah wah ... apni baari mian concerns or humari baari main .... India has the right to do whatever she wants to .... interesting theory... same thing is being applied over here.... khud they are going in to defence deal ... one after the other with Russia and if pakistan plans to get something. then they have major concerns ....
and then they say... when will pakistan and india burry the hatchet and be good neighbours .. not with this attitude i tell you ... never with this attitude i say ...

the indian lobby in USA is really working frantically to snub the deal .... this is such a sad thing to begin with. If you happen to have watched the 60th anne edition of MEREY MUTABIQ of Dr Shahid Masood, in which they had invited some indian counterparts, in one of the questions regarding the nuclear issue, the Ex Indian Army Chief said that we have all the rights to procure any technology to bolster our def / tech requirements. Later with regardsto F-16 issue, when he said that India has major concerns over Pakistan's deal of F-16, then Gen Aslam Baig, replied to him.... in a manner as if to say .. wah wah ... apni baari mian concerns or humari baari main .... India has the right to do whatever she wants to .... interesting theory... same thing is being applied over here.... khud they are going in to defence deal ... one after the other with Russia and if pakistan plans to get something. then they have major concerns ....
and then they say... when will pakistan and india burry the hatchet and be good neighbours .. not with this attitude i tell you ... never with this attitude i say ...

See all this is the part of Diplomatic game that is being played by India as any other country in the world. Even pakistan plays this game as well. Lot depends upon who manage to play it well. In case of Indo-Pakistan context, India has manage to emerge as a winner if you can see in case of Russian denial of weapon sale to pakistan.

I think I heard this before and can make a fare guess..... but anyway welcome. ......err welcome back again.

See all this is the part of Diplomatic game that is being played by India as any other country in the world. Even pakistan plays this game as well. Lot depends upon who manage to play it well. In case of Indo-Pakistan context, India has manage to emerge as a winner if you can see in case of Russian denial of weapon sale to pakistan.

jeff actually things are changing with regards to procurement of major defence related systems by pakistan. 2 major break-throughs are

1. russia allowing the use of RD-93 on the JF-17s being manufactured by china for pakistan. the russians overcame extreme pressure from india on this deal. the russian thinking was very simple - if russia dosnt approve this deal, then someone else will step in and take the potentially US$ 500 mill business.

2. france after throwing all their eggs in the potential indian defence market, realised its folly of ignoring the pakistan market (which was a huge one for them, mirages, missiles, subs, minesweepers etc) are now offering the RC400 and MICA missiles for the pakistani/chinese JF-17s.

the world order is changing. if one country denies you - there is one waiting in the wings to step right in.

US contract for supply of F-16s’ warfare systems

By Our Correspondent

WASHINGTON, March 19: The Pentagon has awarded a $78.2 million contract to a private manufacturer to supply Pakistan with electronic warfare systems for F-16 fighter jets.

The purchase will be made under the Foreign Military Sales Programme.

In a statement issued on Tuesday evening, the Pentagon identified the contractor as ITT Avionics of Chandler Arizona, which has over 50 years of multi-platform experience in electronic warfare.

ITT provides technologies, systems and services to strategic, tactical and special operations aircraft.

Pakistan has selected the ALQ-211(V) 4 Advanced Integrated Defence Electronics Warfare System known by its acronym AIDEWS.

The Pentagon said the electronic warfare system will be used on the F-16 aircraft Pakistan is buying from the United States.

ITT will also supply associated spares with the AIDEW system, support equipment, training, engineering services, flight test support and data.

Pakistan has already provided $39,003,041 to ITT for this contract.

The warfare will be installed at the aircraft at Kirtland Air Force Base in New Mexico.

The contract had a positive impact on ITT’s shares in the New York Stock Exchange, which rose $1.61 to $54.85 on Tuesday.

The United States agreed to sell an unspecified number of F-16 fighter jets to Pakistan in February, 2007. Pakistan initially showed interest in buying 88 aircraft but later reduced the number to between 30 and 40.

AIDEWS provides electronic countermeasures and other capabilities for F-16s.

Recently, the ALQ-211 (V) 4 system was installed and integrated aboard 10 Peace Puma F-16s delivered to Chile.

“This integrated radar warning receiver/jammer, with its dual receiver architecture is the first new tactical electronic warfare system for fighter applications in years,” says ITT Electronic Systems President Chris Bernhardt. “This new digital technology results in more effective defence against threats to warfighters.”

AIDEWS also provides a fighter pilot with situational awareness and protection against radar-based threats, including modern surface-to-air and air-to-air weapon systems. It is built upon the ALQ-211 family of EW Systems now being used to support US Special Operations forces.

This version of the ALQ-211 utilises advanced wideband and digital receivers to quickly and accurately detect and identify several, complex emitters when operating in today’s high-density threat environment, says Henry Bourne, director of ITT’s Rotary Wing EW business area.

AIDEWS provides protection using a highly flexible, programmable technique generator that transmits deceptive countermeasure signals and coordinates use of chaff and flares.

The ALQ-211 alerts the pilot to foil radar threats by seeing the radar before it sees him, says John Dench, director of marketing for ITT Electronic Systems.

MK-good details - thx

My question is. Are we really going to get new F-16s? Even under Bush administration so many issues were been raised by Zionists and Indian lobbyist, and Bush's term is to expire next year! i dont see any US President candidates on Pakistan's side, Obama, McCain, Clinton? Obama wants to attack Pakistan, Clinton is pro Indian, while McCain is a Jewish.

and just how much can we trust the US. i mean how can we be assure that these Planes, missiles, radar are not infected with spy bugs?
:usflag::pakistan:

My question is. Are we really going to get new F-16s? Even under Bush administration so many issues were been raised by Zionists and Indian lobbyist, and Bush's term is to expire next year! i dont see any US President candidates on Pakistan's side, Obama, McCain, Clinton? Obama wants to attack Pakistan, Clinton is pro Indian, while McCain is a Jewish.

and just how much can we trust the US. i mean how can we be assure that these Planes, missiles, radar are not infected with spy bugs?
:usflag::pakistan:

take it easy man - everything is on-line!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom