What's new

F-16 at Bagram Air Force Base

unicorn

Reaction score
main.php

USAF F-16C block 40 #90-0772 from the 555th FS moves away after receiving fuel from a KC-135
Stratotanker aircraft assigned to the 340th EARS while flying over Afghanistan in support of OEF on March 29th, 2011

main.php

USAF F-16C block 30 #87-0291 from 124 FS takes off from Bagram Airfield, Afghanistan on November 28, 2011.

main.php

USAF F-16C block 30 #85-1501 deployed from 119 FS takes off from Bagram Airfield, Afghanistan on November 28, 2011.

main.php

USAF F-16C block 30 #85-1501 from 119 FS prepares for take-off from Bagram Airfield, Afghanistan on November 28, 2011.

main.php

USAF F-16C block 40 #87-0350 from the 555th FS moves away after receiving fuel from a KC-135
Stratotanker aircraft assigned to the 340th EARS while flying over Afghanistan in support of OEF on March 29th, 2011.

Check out the Amraams...

Maybe for killing some flying Talibans...:lol:

just imagine how many lives each f-16 eat in last 10 years .

Last time I checked Taliban didn't have any jets, what's these Air-to-Air missiles for? :what:

well said

they are for the Brits and Canadians .. they ARE friends right?

lots of friendly examples in Afghanistan and Iraq lately.. ;)

There will always be friendly fire accidents in War time. The fog of War tends to create confusion! As one who has been in combat several times I can attest to this. In desert storm I witnessed first hand a friendly fire incident involving one of our tanks and a FistV. The outcome wasn't pretty but fortunately no one was seriously hurt. While it isn't something that someone wishes to happen it does and always will. Even with the best of training and the most modern equipment.:usflag:

^^ Did you also have a reference of two hour long friendly fires? :tdown:

The members have pointed at air to air missile! do you have an explanation. why USAF is flying in Afghanistan with air to air missiles?

The date shows, 28, November 2011!

^^ Did you also have a reference of two hour long friendly fires? :tdown:

The members have pointed at air to air missile! do you have an explanation. why USAF is flying in Afghanistan with air to air missiles?

The date shows, 28, November 2011!

CAP cover is maintained for ground forces, as well as to ensure control of airspace at all times obviously.

Last time I checked Taliban didn't have any jets, what's these Air-to-Air missiles for? :what:

It's called "Self defense" a Just in case measure. Even Tornados which are mainly a pure Air-to-Ground jet carries two when bombing Houthi terrorists.

It's called "Self defense" a Just in case measure. Even Tornados which are mainly a pure Air-to-Ground jet carries two when bombing Houthi terrorists.

Pretty useless I must say, who are you gonna defend against, that too with BVR Missiles? Bad operational tactics!

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom