What's new

F-104 Alas the Badmash.

sajjad haider's book -> "wrong - we destroyed only two MiG-21s, not nine" .. funny thing is the cover shows a painting with ten migs burnign, while inside he says thats wrong claim.

eh we owned you guys back then :D

@Windjammer - any link to the strike where most of the Mig 21 s were destroyed. I don't recall any such strike having taken place ! btw should'nt the thread topic say "alias" instead of "alas" ? :)

I posted the narrative of the whole mission under the title "The First Strike" elsewhere in the forum, which also contains gun camera photos.

As for the error, the moving finger can fluctuate. :oops:

sajjad haider's book -> "wrong - we destroyed only two MiG-21s, not nine" .. funny thing is the cover shows a painting with ten migs burnign, while inside he says thats wrong claim.

Since you claim that you have spoken to him, perhaps you should query him on this.

badmashi khatam nhi ho gee ye dekh hum ne nai badmash rakh liye hai.in this pic sir qamer say.we will fck with this f-16 if some one make mess with us:rofl:

ce9e380947eb0256bab11d33a25035c6.jpg

our new badmash

i must say.about BADMASH.

1965-total PAF was BADMASH over IAF.

1971-in addition to above airforce two more platform wer inducted.those wer one of the most advance jet of that time mirage3 and midrate f6.still powerfull airforce till now.

but after that PAF face a decline and after many years recoverd it by getting yet another BADMASH f-16.it raised the graph of PAF from bottom to top.but after the stopage of f-16 deliveries PAF sufered alot.

and now the title BADMASH deserv to IAFs su30 mki not F16 block 52
b/c it cannot be compared and IAF is getting more BADMASHs.:frown:
we must get our title back.BLK52 is good but not as MKI.

i hope that in coming days FC-20 and jf-17 will be used to do BADMASHI over IAF.:pakistan:

i must say.about BADMASH.

1965-total PAF was BADMASH over IAF.

1971-in addition to above airforce two more platform wer inducted.those wer one of the most advance jet of that time mirage3 and midrate f6.still powerfull airforce till now.

but after that PAF face a decline and after many years recoverd it by getting yet another BADMASH f-16.it raised the graph of PAF from bottom to top.but after the stopage of f-16 deliveries PAF sufered alot.

i hope that in coming days FC-20 and jf-17 will be used to do BADMASHI over IAF.:pakistan:
In essence you don't become a Badmash by growing thick mustache and chewing Naswaar, the baddie lies within thy, hence fancy maneuvers and related artistry looks impressive in air displays and peace time combat. Tried and tested mechanism is what ticks.

Sir, I must protest.

What leads you to the conclusion that MKI is superior to the C/D blk52s we are inducting? Flankers are AWESOME aircrafts -hands down --but these twin engine crafts are very high maintenance aircrafts; HAL's record in this regard is not so flattering, to say the least.

F-16 of differing variants are battle proven aircrafts since past 3 decades, which is one reason why its the workhorse of not just USAF but also many other respectable Air Forces in the world. MKI is not even once battle tested --unless you consider Chechen fighters who honestly do not have a lot of offensive capability

We are using F16 platform since 1980s, and know how to fly the aircraft to its limit.

More relevantly, Pakistan has demonstrated time and time again that any indian aircraft in our skies will face a very sad fate. Same goes for their radar installations, runways (think Pattankot/Kalaikunda etc.)

fd67dc4f754a830360c644ec796541bc.jpg

Sargodha combat crews between the two wars. Aircraft L to R: F-104, Mirage-III, F-6 and RT-33.
F-104 being part of the team.

how do we got those from USA

It's when Pakistan became part of the SEATO and CENTO treaties and decided to join the US camp. F-104 along with all other American equipment were received under MAP agreement.

wow why not we buyed F 15 instead of F 16 i strongly bellieve that F 15 is better than F 16 but F 16 has its own specialliries but matter of the facts pakistan wanted to destroy indian fighter jets to give them more loss in war better gone tested F 15 no loos in its history in dog fights

wow why not we buyed F 15 instead of F 16 i strongly bellieve that F 15 is better than F 16 but F 16 has its own specialliries but matter of the facts pakistan wanted to destroy indian fighter jets to give them more loss in war better gone tested F 15 no loos in its history in dog fights

It was simply too expensive, F-16 also has a formidable battle record and is the most widely used fighter in the world today, besides it meets Pakistan's operational requirements.

we wish & we wish & we wish! the problem comes down to MONEY! currently our enemy has the cash to throw around 10 billion dollars to buy new equipment & the arabs consistently throw around billions to buy new blk 60s & so on!!! we on the other hand got no crazy cash all our countries cash is lying in swiss acounts under the name of zardari! so yes we can keep wishing!!!

Italy
Type: single-seat multi-role combat aircraft
Max Speed: 1,261 kt / 1,452 mph
Max Range: 2,920 km /1,814 miles
Dimensions: span 6.68 m / 21 ft 11 in
length 16.69 m / 54 ft 9.1 in
height 4.11 m / 13 ft 5.8 in
Weight: empty 6,760 kg / 14,903 lb
max. take-off 14,060 kg /
30,997 lb
Powerplant: one 8119-kg (17,900-lb) afterburning thrust Fiat (General Electric) J79-GE-19 turbojet
Armament: provision for a maximum external load of 3400 kg (7,496 Ib) on nine external hardpoints, including Aspide IA and AIM-9L Sidewinder AAMs; one 20-mm General Electric M61A1 cannon can also be installed
Operators:

Italy
Type: single-seat multi-role combat aircraft
Max Speed: 1,261 kt / 1,452 mph
Max Range: 2,920 km /1,814 miles
Dimensions: span 6.68 m / 21 ft 11 in
length 16.69 m / 54 ft 9.1 in
height 4.11 m / 13 ft 5.8 in
Weight: empty 6,760 kg / 14,903 lb
max. take-off 14,060 kg /
30,997 lb
Powerplant: one 8119-kg (17,900-lb) afterburning thrust Fiat (General Electric) J79-GE-19 turbojet
Armament: provision for a maximum external load of 3400 kg (7,496 Ib) on nine external hardpoints, including Aspide IA and AIM-9L Sidewinder AAMs; one 20-mm General Electric M61A1 cannon can also be installed
Operators:
The F-104 in PAF service were the A & B models, with basic armament of an internal 20 mm Multi barrel cannon, two AAMs and two fuel tanks.

Back
Top Bottom