What's new

Explosion sinks INS Sindhurakshak Submarine with 18 onboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
its been 7 hour after explosion , am really worried about the condition of sailors.....

This will be worst Independence day for us till date if any untoward thing happens to them. :cry:

Because I didn't see the video. Jesus, that video was posted AFTER I had made the comment blaming the Russians.

one should wait and see...

btw, if really torpedo exploded inside... then i don't think any one could survive inside... do you think so?

What is the endurance of Kilo class submarine after such massive accident ? How long sailors in other compartment can last ? How long oxygen supply can last ? If I am not wrong during Kursk tragedy number of Sailors were alive for almost 24 hours after accident but delay in getting help from US led to unnecessary death of large number of sailors and officers . Sub is at the port and shallow waters which is plus point but explosions look massive ! I fear sub is damaged beyond repairs ! God bless the rescuers !!!

What is the endurance of Kilo class submarine after such massive accident ? How long sailors in other compartment can last ? How long oxygen supply can last ? If I am not wrong during Kursk tragedy number of Sailors were alive for almost 24 hours after accident but delay in getting help from US led to unnecessary death of large number of sailors and officers . Sub is at the port and shallow waters which is plus point but explosions look massive ! I fear sub is damaged beyond repairs ! God bless the rescuers !!!

I don't think what we should worry about is Sub now but our men.

1 - No, but that's not the point. With indigenously developed equipment, you are a lot more familiar with and knowledgable about it. You don't have to read mountains of translated manuals and let foreign experts hold your hand while you familiarize yourself. Such familiarity makes operating and maintaining the said equipment easier and more thorough, not to mention it increases safety margins considerably.

2 - Then start buying from the French, the Germans, and the Dutch if necessary. I believe their products are just as good with better quality than Russian ware. And please, how could there be no embezzlement with these arms deals when both sides are pretty much corrupt to the core.

Mate, we have been using Russian subs for a long time and are comfortable with their systems, well my guess is that a new system would consume time and more money

btw, if really torpedo exploded inside... then i don't think any one could survive inside... do you think so?

There is a very good chance some sailors in the aft sections of the submarine could have survived the blast. If they had successfully sealed off their section, then there could be enough air to survive for a few days. So there is a very, very good chance for survivors.

When the torpedoes on the Kursk exploded, many sailors survived for days in a sealed off section of the submarine. Of course, the Kilo is much smaller and therefore more susceptible to blast damage, but there is definitely hope.

Must keep looking for survivors as soon as it is safe to approach the submarine.

1 sub is gone think abut another one near to her . these blasts shown sub is underwater now dear . because sub is like a tin a blast can break it apart .

Dil ko tho lagega janab kal 15 august hai, aur aaj ye din dekhna pada.

incident days dekh ker nhi hpota mery bhai .:confused:

@Abingdonboy @Capt.Popeye

Is it needed for us to call for USN help so that the sailors could be saved or are we self sufficient in this ??

Last edited by a moderator:
Mate, we have been using Russian subs for a long time and are comfortable with their systems, well my guess is that a new system would consume time and more money

This unit was recently upgraded. I could well be that sailors are still familiarizing themselves with it.

if there is any fatality happens for sailors , i personally want to consider it as national tragedy and we should not do any kind of celebration on our independence day..... JMPO

A fire broke out aboard INS Sindhurakshak while she was in Visakhapatnam in February 2010. One sailor was killed and two others injured. Navy officials reported that the fire had been caused by an explosion in the submarine's battery compartment, due to a faulty battery valve that leaked hydrogen. May be the same problem again....

Hope the sailors are rescued safe....

The sub must have chemical packs that generate oxygen. These are standard on every sub these days. The survivors can use them to replenish oxygen if it runs low. There is plenty of hope that survivors will be found.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom