What's new

Explosion in Karachi

Actions of some can't be blamed on the entire city my friend. Most Talibans are either Pushtoon or Punjabi but no one can/should blame the entire Pushtoon or Punjabi population of Pakistan.

I am sure that majority of Karachites, whether Sunni or Shia, whether Urdu speaking or non Urdu speaking, condemn these riots.

Every one is condemning the blazing of shops this is a stupid and silly act but lets look at the angry mob why did they do that !? its the lack of justice we have in our society. Today terrorism is effecting us all and we are busy in blame games , like another member identified earlier its pakistanis who are too blame right from last 60years ! the bomber was pakistani , the shuhada were pakistanis , the shops were pakistani , the mob was pakistani ,the property lost was pakistani bottom line the conspirator and the co-conspirators are all pakistanis, what on earth is wrong with us. This event is a major eye opener for most of us if we just stop for a moment and look at our selves!!

We have respect for our police man , I am blaming the local administration and big shot sitting in their AC Offices and government rest house enjoying free utilities , civilian are bearing their salary and luxourous life style for what?

What can be done against a suicide bomber?

I blame a lot of things on the GoP and local govt and the opposition but no sir I don't blame them for suicide attacks.

yeh galyoun ke aawara baikaar kuttay,
ke bakhsha gaya jin ko zouq-e-gadai,
zamanay ki phitkaar sarmaya unka,
jahaan bhar ki dhutkaar inn ki kamaai

na araam shab ko, na rahat sawairay
ghalazat mei ghar, naaliyoun mei basairay
jo bigrhain tou ikk doosray se larhadou
zara aik roti ka tukrha dikha dou
yeh harr aik ki thokrain khaanay walay
yeh faaqoun se uktaa ke marr janay walay

yeh mazloom makhlooque garr sarr uthaey
tou insaan sabb sarr-kashi bhool jaey
yeh chahein tou dunya ko apna banalein
yeh aaqaoun ki haddiyan takk chabalein
koi inko ehsas-e-zillat dila de
koi inki soui hui dumm hilaa de...

Faiz

What can be done against a suicide bomber?

I blame a lot of things on the GoP and local govt and the opposition but no sir I don't blame them for suicide attacks.

Lets believe for a second that nothing can be done about a suicide bomber, agreed.
And the people who set fire to public property is out of frustration and they get emotionally and religiously motivated but why would you first steal everything in the shops and then set fire.
I can't comprehend what emotions motivate you to do that.

Last edited:
why would you first steal everything in the shops and then set fire.
I can't comprehend what emotions motivate you to do that.

and this is why I am saying that along with the terrorists lets get these rioters too.

I don't care who these rioters and the motives behind their acts and I would like to see these culprits arrested and punished.

I hope there are video cameras installed and there is enough footage to get their leaders.

Reminds me of a Shair by Qateel Shifai.

Duniya Mein Qateel Us Say Munafiq Nahin Koi
Jo Zulm Tou Sehta Hai, Baghawat Nahin Karta.

Around 16 KG of C4 explosives in combination with sharp edged knife kind material and nails were used in the bomb blast, resulting it in such a huge and deadly explosion.

But the action by the Brave ranger guy resulted in less human loss as he also took the major impact of the blast and an Edhi ambulance also took the blast effect, otherwise it would have lead to double or more the casualties we got right now.

And as per TV news i recall, the procession committee had decided to go on with the procession and lead it to its end, then I don't understand how the azaderan got involved in the rioting if they went ahead with their procession. Becoz i saw very very few or nearly Zero people on TV news channels in black shalwar kameez to make me think that the rioting was being done by Shia mourners as they were wearing black on this day in the procession.

As per my discussion with my superiors in Khr, some band of people from some group were in wait and expecting (not pre-planned) that may be an incident happens and make the Chaos out of it the way we saw it. As per initial reports 1-2 of my organizations branches have also been burnt but got looted before fire was ignited, so mourners won't be looting to show their anger.

We as a nation have to think who and why someone among us do such acts and create such large scale mayhem at times, when we should be united.

It seems these elements have some other agenda to work on.

Burning 400+ shops is no random and easy job, its by people who are expert in such incidents and acts, people who are on the look out for such opportunities.

And i feel it was the incompetence of the law & order agencies to not have controlled it, the moment it started they should have placed strict measure to control this mob and aerial firing used to disperse the crowd be used, but it seems they did nothing.

Anyway, below is the video of the attack. I have seen the ones in Peshawar, but this one was huge and C4 is a very powerful military grade explosives.

Last edited by a moderator:
=FireFighter;599971]Not for the sake of the TTP rats, but for the sake of your own security. Last time i checked those processions are not religiously binding nor they're obligatory on muslims, and Pakistan being at war with Al Qaeda thugs who're known for having a tit-for-tat rivalry with shias, common sense dictates that shia's processions would be counterproductive as they would open an another avenue for terrorists to unleash terrorism.
Let the military finish them off first then you may carry out processions as per your likings.

the processions have been there for 60 years and it will carry on till judgement day no matter if you think they are obligatory or non-obligatory point is they are conducted since long ... so as other events like sufis .Mashaikhs ,Auliyas and many other cultural or religious events .. ! if you think they shall stop you are giving up my friend .. we say NO to any one who think him or them have the right to kill pakistani fellowmen just becuase they dont agree with the their sect or beleif and it applies on all religions practiced in Pak.

I agree with this. Foreign agencies involved cannot be ruled out, it's against investigation procedures. Then again, Karachi doesn't need foreign agents to create havoc in the city cuz they got MQM n their thugs do the dirty terrorist work for them. These terrorists MQM workers and their thug supports need a reason to create havoc so as to exploit people economically and psychologically dominate them.

You certainly have this deep hatred inside you about mqm but they are voted by millions so you are prety offensive to a lot of ppl ! not that you give a **** but MQM nor any political party has nothing to gain from this if you are refering to the carnage carried out by mobs.

This occurance is nothing new, they went around plunging and looting the city in broad daylight at the death of Benazir Bhutto shaheed, they stopped the lawyers movement from entering karachi, attack political workers of other parties and media offices in broad daylight while their actions being watched by the whole nation live on tv. thats how shameless they are.

Wrong my friend you have no idea 27th of december we were on the streets and all saw who carried out the siege of khi ! i dont want to name any one as its going to raise more hatred amonst us. May be u will get successfull in your flame bait but your BS remarks towards MQM doesnt solve a thing except raise more tensions, !

Fitna fitna fitna..........i wish we Pakistani think as Pakistani.

Wake up Mr Zaradri and elites ...nation is dying...you must be in lowest basement of President house...

According to some reports, famous TV actor, Sajid Hasan lost his brother and bhabhi in these attacks. Sajid Hasan was also injured:

Actor Sajid Hasan was coming out of the smoke billowed site. “My whole family comprising my three brothers, sister and nephews were with me when the blast took place. I still can’t find my elder brother and some of my other family members,” he said sounding desperate. “I myself have been hit by shrapnel,” he informed as he lifted his shirt; he was wounded, but hardly realized. “My nephew has been badly hurt and I hope someone has managed to shift him to the hospital.”

Describing the scene moments before the blast took place, Sajid said: “The procession was moving ahead smoothly. We passed by a camp set up by a Memon merchant and I stopped to have a word with an old man sitting at the roadside. When the blast took place, I felt something sharp hit me. I instinctively fell on the ground immediately. When I got up, I saw the old man lying dead in front of me.”

“There was a complete pandemonium and chaos thereafter. A dark cloud of smoke had engulfed the place and the first thing that came to my mind was to find out where was my family.” Sajid added that he heard sounds of gunfire and screams almost immediately after the blast.

It was reported later that his brother and sister-in-law both had expired in the tragedy.

DAWN.COM | Metropolitan | Horror in Karachi

Sky News was reporting two explosions, one being a suicide blast,
Looking at the footage, i may be wrong, but this one certainly doesn't look like a suicide blast. The size, the severity and above all the smoke/dust cloud indicates towards ground concealed explosives.

Sky News was reporting two explosions, one being a suicide blast,
Looking at the footage, i may be wrong, but this one certainly doesn't look like a suicide blast. The size, the severity and above all the smoke/dust cloud indicates towards ground concealed explosives.

you are right even i noticed that its two big of an explosion.. i am not an expert but this seems huge

Interior Minister announces “Sitara-e-Shujaat” for Rangers jawan

KARACHI, Dec. 28 (APP): Federal Interior Minister, Rehman Malik on Monday announced to award “Sitara-e-Shujaat” to a jawan of Rangers Abdul Razzak, who embraced martyrdom in the blast in main mourning procession of the 10th Muharram near Light House here on Monday. According to a statement issued by Rangers, Director General Rangers Maj-Gen. Liaquat Ali has also announced a compensation of Rs 0.5 million to family of the sepoy Abdul Razzak.

It added that the namaz-e-janaza of Abdul Razzak will be offered on December 29, at 10:15, at Bagh-e-Jinnah (Old Polo Ground), here.
It said that the sepoy Abdul Razzak embraced martyrdom, when he tried to grab the alleged suicide bomber who was sneaking into the main Ashura procession near Light House Monday afternoon.

Associated Press Of Pakistan ( Pakistan's Premier NEWS Agency ) - Interior Minister announces “Sitara-e-Shujaat” for Rangers jawan

My condolences. May the dead rest in peace, the injured quickly and fully heal, and those aggrieved find solace in the words of the Lord.

God bless Pakistan.:pakistan:

Back
Top Bottom