What's new

Expats alarmed as raids target illegals

As per Saudi logic Bangladeshi's are lesser human being. Funny that many of them made their way into Saudi through legal visas issued by Saudi authorities and now they are being touted as criminals..the reality is that Saudi employees heavily exploited Bangladeshi's workers often bringing them over on the promises of SR 800 monthly wage and then paying them as little as SR300 while forcing them to live in labor camps which would put Nazi slave camps and Stalin gulags to shame! All on top of poor nutrition, hygiene and long working hours!

Human rights breaches apart, I still don't get why one would target the Bangladeshis alone? I mean, from what I have heard Indian and Pakistani expats are just as vulnerable and operate under the same rules- although in recent years the Indian workers have gotten a break with the good relations between KSA and India- with the new King even intervening in a certain case involving an Indian expat. MY ramblings aside, how can one say that the Bangladeshis are more prone to criminality, even if its false whats the pretext used to sell the idea?

Ummm. gulags and concentration camps, isn't that an exaggeration? That's not something KSA can cover up. :fie:

There is no mention there of specifically targeting Bangladeshis, and if that is indeed the case then why? How can Bangladeshi workers and immigrants be specifically criminal or more prone to criminality than say an Indian or a Pakistani expat?

Kindly elucidate. :undecided:

According to the SMF, Saudi will no longer renew the visas of Bangladeshis living in Saudi Arabia due to the high crime rates coming from the minorities. Indians and Paks ,on the other hand, have a lowest crime rate in Saudi ,therefore the government isn't concerned about them. Of course it would be a very stupid idea to label the entire minorities as such ,but the FM believes that they should take some countermeasure in this regard.

Personally, I work in the GIP, And I probably know better than the blabbering bozo. Unfortunately, A lot of Bangladeshis who come to Saudi Arabia were ex-prisoners in their homeland.

Bangladeshis crimes in Saudi

As per Saudi logic Bangladeshi's are lesser human being. Funny that many of them made their way into Saudi through legal visas issued by Saudi authorities and now they are being touted as criminals..the reality is that Saudi employees heavily exploited Bangladeshi's workers often bringing them over on the promises of SR 800 monthly wage and then paying them as little as SR300 while forcing them to live in labor camps which would put Nazi slave camps and Stalin gulags to shame! All on top of poor nutrition, hygiene and long working hours!

Not everyone..many are stuck in the so called Red category courtesy of botched up Subsidization plan by incompetent MOL.
Bleh,
Continuing your rude approach will get you nowhere. I most certainly didn't say Bangladeshis are n't human ,nor have I said they don't deserve to be here. It goes as simple as this, If your visa's expired then you are staying illegally. I don't think any country would tolerate illegal aliens ,period.
You are a freaking liar. You cannot give anyone a less salary than what's been stated in the contract ,that's my field of expertise ,so once again my dense clown your wrong.

Keep running your mouth that's the only thing for your good for.

Last edited by a moderator:
Illegals should be deported theres no reason they stay!

Many of the deported are not illegals so you don't have to suck it up out of your habit. Many of these people came on rightful employment to KSA and are now caught in the red yellow green scam of labor Ministry, a corrupt to the core and deceptive nationalization system designed to literally steal jobs and hand them over to citizens - a gross violation of all human rights charters ever written. Arabs as I have said numerous times cannot innovate or create anything, they can only steal and rob from others. While I am not affected by this system as I work for a good company which keeps everything in compliance with the law, it is extremely hurtful to see millions of perfectly legal resident workers turned into illegal aliens by clever gimmickry of law..Where is the Islam and Shariah? All major markets around my area were closed like a shutter down strike!

According to the SMF, Saudi will no longer renew the visas of Bangladeshis living in Saudi Arabia due to the high crime rates coming from the minorities. Indians and Paks ,on the other hand, have a lowest crime rate in Saudi ,therefore the government isn't concerned about them. Of course it would be a very stupid idea to label the entire minorities as such ,but the FM believes that they should take some countermeasure in this regard.

Personally, I work in the GIP, And I probably know better than the blabbering bozo. Unfortunately, A lot of Bangladeshis who come to Saudi Arabia were ex-prisoners in their homeland.

Many of these are Burmese as well how have acquired Bangaldeshi passports to secure employments in Gulf. However the role of unpaid and menial wages cannot be ignored as well. You cannot expect someone to make ends meet in SR300 alone. When money is not enough people will simply resort to crimes. And it is true that the occurance of violent crime among the BD expats is much higher than any other ethnic group.

Bleh,
Continuing your rude approach will get you nowhere. I most certainly didn't say Bangladeshis are n't human ,nor have I said they don't deserve to be here. It goes as simple as this, If your visa's expired then you are staying illegally. I don't think any country would tolerate illegal aliens ,period.
You are a freaking liar. You cannot give anyone a less salary than what's been stated in the contract ,that's my field of expertise ,so once again my dense clown your wrong.

Keep running your mouth that's the only thing for your good for.

Hiring and Firing is by the owners, people who have decided to make a career overseas should not be punished by deportation because company owners do not want to hire their fellow country men. In any case the efficiency of local educated Saudi workforce is a joke but those with foreign education are the best and smartest of all. Unfortunately they are rare and mostly find placements in SABIC or Aramco!

Ohh by the way, count me in I was scammed for SR 4000/- by a Bangladeshi too!

Many of the deported are not illegals so you don't have to suck it up out of your habit. Many of these people came on rightful employment to KSA and are now caught in the red yellow green scam of labor Ministry, a corrupt to the core and deceptive nationalization system designed to literally steal jobs and hand them over to citizens - a gross violation of all human rights charters ever written. Arabs as I have said numerous times cannot innovate or create anything, they can only steal and rob from others. While I am not affected by this system as I work for a good company which keeps everything in compliance with the law, it is extremely hurtful to see millions of perfectly legal resident workers turned into illegal aliens by clever gimmickry of law..Where is the Islam and Shariah? All major markets around my area were closed like a shutter down strike!

Many of these are Burmese as well how have acquired Bangaldeshi passports to secure employments in Gulf. However the role of unpaid and menial wages cannot be ignored as well. You cannot expect someone to make ends meet in SR300 alone. When money is not enough people will simply resort to crimes. And it is true that the occurance of violent crime among the BD expats is much higher than any other ethnic group.

Hiring and Firing is by the owners, people who have decided to make a career overseas should not be punished by deportation because company owners do not want to hire their fellow country men. In any case the efficiency of local educated Saudi workforce is a joke but those with foreign education are the best and smartest of all. Unfortunately they are rare and mostly find placements in SABIC or Aramco!

Ohh by the way, count me in I was scammed for SR 4000/- by a Bangladeshi too!

LoL like I said before, stop using these psychological reverse methods 'cause it will get you no where. The main objective of the process came because of the afroementioned reasons I stated above. I don't think the government doesn't want to steal a job from a grocery-men and hand it over to the Saudis :/ it's the dumbest stupid idea I have ever heard in my life! Saudi is making you mad bro? :rolleyes:.
Personally, I got a bunch of DRs among others in the family they studied in Saudi and become very professional :wave: so I don't know what are u talking about .-.?
IDK about the origins of the Bangalis but good you mentioned that to me.
I heard AlManar is having a hard time with the MOI is that true?
During high-school I work at STC my boss was a Pak :pi learned a lot from him and was a very remarkable first hand experience.

this is just a news paper article, what is wrong with it?

you should be using a level one proxy for posting on this or any other forum where you express your views. though i fiercely disagree with what you say, but don't want any harm to come to you either.

if you need help finding a good, free software, just mention my name anywhere.

oh and look you've already got banned :hitwall:

you should be using a level one proxy for posting on this or any other forum where you express your views. though i fiercely disagree with what you say, but don't want any harm to come to you either.

if you need help finding a good, free software, just mention my name anywhere.

oh and look you've already got banned :hitwall:
I believe he is intelligent enough to handle the proxy thing by himself. He is no fool, he knows in what a barbaric country he lives in.

Bangladeshis are being targeted because of their action against Islamists specially Jamat
Pakistanis will also be targeted for Iran-Pakistan pipeline

I believe he is intelligent enough to handle the proxy thing by himself. He is no fool, he knows in what a barbaric country he lives in.
LooooooLz A barbaric\parasitic state is the one that jumps to bomb one country to another on a pretext to defend itself. If you can live the same life of the Saudi rats then we can talk.

this nitaqat is game for stealing jobs from hard working expats and giving them to lazy bunch of saudis. This is inhuman and cruel. Thousands of expats have families at home and have paid thousands of riyals for their visa. Please catch the visa selling Saudi's and ministers instead of punishing the poor people.. Even Israel will not fall to such barbarianism...

Ptex please tell about immigration in Israel.

Expats alarmed as raids target illegals

JEDDAH: P.K. ABDUL GHAFOUR
Thursday 28 March 2013

Last Update 29 March 2013 8:28 am
Labor authorities, supported by police, have stepped up a major campaign to drive out illegal workers as well as those involved in cover-up businesses in different parts of the Kingdom. The move has triggered shock waves among expatriates, especially those who are not working for their sponsors.

Police have reportedly arrested a large number of expatriates for violating iqama and labor regulations during the past week, sources told Arab News.

Many shops and firms have been closed down in Riyadh, Jeddah and Dammam as they either did not have enough workers under their sponsorship or fear punitive action.
A ministry spokesman, however, described the raids as a routine measure.
Labor Minister Adel Fakeih said on Tuesday the government would not tolerate any violation of the Kingdom’s regulations and that tough action would be taken against violators.
“The Cabinet has identified the duties of the Interior and Labor ministries to track down illegal workers and businesses,” the minister said, adding that a royal decree has been issued to beef up labor inspections with police.

“We’ll intensify inspections in coordination with the Interior Ministry,” Fakeih said.
“The move is aimed at driving out illegal aliens and violators of iqama and labor laws,” he added.
The Labor Ministry has classified nearly 250,000 small and medium enterprises in the Red category of the Nitaqat system yesterday when the deadline given to them to employ at least one Saudi in their firms expired.

The ministry will not renew work permits of employees in Red category firms and as a result their iqamas would not be renewed. According to a new law passed by the Cabinet, such iqama violators will be arrested and deported by the Interior Ministry.

“We have not seen such coordinated inspections of illegal workers in the past,” said one foreign journalist, who has been working in the Kingdom for the last 30 years.
Police are also checking iqamas of expatriates after stopping them at streets, he said.
“They are also looking for people who have come on private driver (saik khas) visas, because many of them are not working as drivers.”

Private drivers need not pay the SR 2,400 expat levy while the iqama fee for them is half the amount paid by other expatriates.
There were sudden inspections in Bani Malik and Makarona districts of Jeddah.
Some companies have instructed their workers, who are not under their sponsorship, not to report to work fearing punishment.

The new drive will result in an exodus of at least 2 million illegal workers. As a result there will be an acute shortage of workers and the prices will go up. It will also affect project works, said a business executive in Dammam.

“Many foreigners are working without their iqamas being renewed for more than a year because their firms were in the Red. Many workers of manpower supply firms are not under their sponsorship," he added.

Please tell us about immigration in Israel. I've heard they are very tolerant to foreigners more so than Arabs?

Sufferings of Yemeni expats sharply escalate in Saudi Arabia
31/3/2013 -

Yasser Ezzi

Alsahwah.net- Tens of thousands of Yemenis fear that they will be deported from Saudi Arabia after because foreign laborers have recently been reformed by the Saudi authorities.

Yemeni security sources said that Saudi Arabia have deported more than 18,000 Yemenis in March alone while arrest campaigns are ongoing to deport further numbers.

Yemeni activists warned that extremist groups such al-Qaeda and the Houthi Movement will recruit those Yemenis who are driven out by the Saudi authorities.

Waleed al-Towaiti, a Yemeni human rights activist, stressed that al-Qaeda and the Houthi Movement will undoubtedly receive Yemenis coming back from Saudi Arbia to recruit them.

Al-Towaiti wondered how Saudi Arabia pretends that it fights these groups and it helps them simultaneously to recruit new operatives.

A tribal leader, Abdullah al-Matari, said that extremist groups will be very happy about "this news", affirming that they will speed up to recruit those people deported by Saudi Arabia.

He emphasized that terrorist groups exploit unemployment and poverty to recruit new militants, spelling out that unemployment and poverty rates continuously increase.

A high-ranking Yemeni delegation is to visit Saudi Arabia to discuss with Saudi officials recent procedures taken against foreigners including Yemeni expatriates, the state news agency (Saba) said after Yemenis put pressers on the government to swiftly move forward.

Members of the National Dialogue Conference have recently demanded to include issues of Yemeni expatriates in the conference's agenda.

On Friday, tens of thousands of Yemenis demonstrated in the capital Sana'a in solidarity with Yemeni expatriates in Saudi Arabia in the wake of deporting thousands of Yemenis from Saudi Arabia.

Saudi Arabia made new reforms of Article 39 for which foreign workers cannot work for anyone other than their sponsor—the Saudi Arabian individual or company that originally brought them to the country—and they cannot open their own business.

Most than 50 percent of foreigners are not working for their sponsors.

More than 1.5 million Yemenis work in different cities of the Saudi Arabia, but they lost most privileges they enjoyed before the Gulf war.

Yemeni expatiates in Saudi Arabia complain that Saudis impose stricter measures against them and they are subjected to constant violations by the kafala system (sponsorship system) which is used to monitor migrant laborers in Saudi Arabia.

Thousands of Yemenis imperil themselves and infiltrate into Saudi Arabia and other GCC states monthly due to high levels of unemployment and poverty and low living standards in Yemen.

LooooooLz A barbaric\parasitic state is the one that jumps to bomb one country to another on a pretext to defend itself. If you can live the same life of the Saudi rats then we can talk.

Still funding terrorism like a garden spree is winner on all fronts. Look at what GCC is doing in Syria and Libya!

Back
Top Bottom