What's new

EXCLUSIVE: The Proposed Indian Multirole Helicopter (IMRH) Detailed

If it wants to license produce, like it does/did with Mig 21s, Jaugars, Dorners, Hawks, Su 30 MKI, etc, etc. the list goes on, it wont get a designate of HAL IMRH. It'll still get it's original name, there's no need to hide such a thing, HAL hasnt.
Really? Ever heard of Shakti engines that go on all of the HAL helos?? Heard of Arudhra radars from DRDO??

Further, the wedding hasn't happened yet! so the maiden name is understandable. Whose last name she chooses to take is decided after the match-making process and the wedding has happened!!

Really? Ever heard of Shakti engines that go on all of the HAL helos?? Heard of Arudhra radars from DRDO??

Further, the wedding hasn't happened yet! so the maiden name is understandable. Whose last name she chooses to take is decided after the match-making process and the wedding has happened!!

Yes, Shakti is a modified French engine, so are of the modified Israeli radars like the swordfish. Those are all stated to be modifications of OEM designs. This on the other hand has an original design, concept being shown, in the upcoming Aero India. No different to what HAL did with LUH, LCH, HTT40, IJT.

300px-HAL_HTT-40_model.JPG

HALs-LUH.jpg

LCH1-746114.JPG

HJT-36+IJT+scale-model+at+HAL's+Booth-1.jpg

Wait for the same in the upcoming show.

We dont know what the bases of this joint venture is, yet, but I am willing to bet it isnt a simple license production model, if so, you will heard of it. No different to Swordfish, Shakti.

Yes, Shakti is a modified French engine, so are of the modified Israeli radars like the swordfish. Those are all stated to be modifications of OEM designs. This on the other hand has an original design, concept being shown, in the upcoming Aero India. No different to what HAL did with LUH, LCH, HTT, IJT. We dont know what the bases of this joint venture is, yet, but I am willing to bet it isnt a simple license production model, if so, you will heard of it. No different to Swordfish, Shakti.
I'll be more than happy to be proven wrong on this. I do feel that they should have designed this themselves - perhaps even started a parallel project to HTSE-1200 that would generate twice the power (HTSE-2400)!!
The kind of partnership they're seeking definitely seems different from what they did during ALH, LCH and LUH. In all of those times, they specifically went seeking a turboshaft engine, MFDs etc. If they indeed have a design ready, then obviously they should have selected the engine too (which doesn't appear to be the case). They'll probably go with whatever their design partner has already integrated or would suggest.

I'll be more than happy to be proven wrong on this. I do feel that they should have designed this themselves - perhaps even started a parallel project to HTSE-1200 that would generate twice the power (HTSE-2400)!!
The kind of partnership they're seeking definitely seems different from what they did during ALH, LCH and LUH. In all of those times, they specifically went seeking a turboshaft engine, MFDs etc. If they indeed have a design ready, then obviously they should have selected the engine too (which doesn't appear to be the case). They'll probably go with whatever their design partner has already integrated or would suggest.

If this IMRH becomes whatever design the point venture partner already has, there would be no reason to show any concept, model yet. If they eventually choose the offered Mi8/17 replacement, Kamov 60, there would be no point in showing a potentially very different design, like you've seen in the last pages. The JV partner will have to fall in line with already design models, no different to the mock ups of LCH, LUH, HTT, IJT, etc.

If this IMRH becomes whatever design the point venture partner already has, there would be no reason to show any concept, model yet. If they eventually choose the offered Mi8/17 replacement, Kamov 60, there would be no point in showing a potentially very different design, like you've seen in the last pages. The JV partner will have to fall in line with already design models, no different to the mock ups of LCH, LUH, HTT, IJT, etc.
HAL has been displaying that image of IMRH for age immemorial!! The mockup is just a fancy 3D display! Just see how basic the requirements they have put out - if the design were already done, then they would seek specific inputs (noise reduction, engines, MFD etc) - in which case they would be seeking inputs from OEMs like Safran, Elbit etc...

HAL has been displaying that image of IMRH for age immemorial!! The mockup is just a fancy 3D display! Just see how basic the requirements they have put out - if the design were already done, then they would seek specific inputs (noise reduction, engines, MFD etc).

Honestly, those images aren't even distributed by HAL themselves, but Indian defence bloggers have found them, shared them. It was those bloggers that have kept this program alive on the web really, there was little to no talk about it.

It's different when HAL shows a mock of their new platform in Aero India. It's more offical, concrete in the direction they are going.

There no point in showing anything in Aero India, if they are simply going to modify a JV partners already produce model. Which could be very different looking, like the offered Kamov 60.

Honestly, those images aren't even distributed by HAL themselves, but Indian defence bloggers have found them, shared them. It was those bloggers that have kept this program alive on the web really, there was little to no talk about it.

It's different when HAL shows a mock of their new platform in Aero India. It's more offical, concrete in the direction they are going.

There no point in showing anything in Aero India, if they are simply going to modify a JV partners already produce model. Which could be very different looking, like the offered Kamov 60.
I hope you're right. We'll probably hear more definitive info during the Aero show.

In talking with some reporters recently HAL has said that they HOPE to have the first flight of IMRH in 6-7 YEARS!!! Optimistically speaking that translates into 8-9 years. Now that doesn't sound like they're in any advanced stage of design, does it?? Right now I think they just have a concept!!

In talking with some reporters recently HAL has said that they HOPE to have the first flight of IMRH in 6-7 YEARS!!! Optimistically speaking that translates into 8-9 years. Now that doesn't sound like they're in any advanced stage of design, does it?? Right now I think they just have a concept!!

You're right. That's quite a bit away. For the user sake, I dont think that's a problem, as it's not as urgent as the LUH requirement. Which needed to be replaced already.

You're right. That's quite a bit away. For the user sake, I dont think that's a problem, as it's not as urgent as the LUH requirement. Which needed to be replaced already.
I am glad we've come to an agreement on this :-)

Also agree that LUH need is beyond critical right now!! I also heard that HAL will be slowly turning off the Dhruv production and focus all energies on LCH/LUH!!!

I am glad we've come to an agreement on this :-)

Also agree that LUH need is beyond critical right now!! I also heard that HAL will be slowly turning off the Dhruv production and focus all energies on LCH/LUH!!!

Why? I dont think so. Rudra and latest marks of Dhruv are still relevent. They tried to outsource the production for private firms, didnt work.

It seems like the orders placed by IA will be fulfilled by 2018. Not sure about the Rudras though.
I would expect several more of Rudras to be built. Rudras have a tremendous role between LCH and Dhruv. The statement surprised me too.

http://idrw.org/dhruv-delivery-to-be-completed-by-2018-hal/

dont think so

Upgraded ALH civil version getting ready ::

To a query on the civil version of ALH, Dr Kumar said the Mk-I version of ALH Civil is being upgraded to Mk-III version and discussions are on with DGCA for the certification. He said various civil operators and BSF have expressed interest for the upgraded version.

"We have now separated helicopter production and MRO. The production line has become stable and standardized. We have built a robust eco system to support helicopter manufacturing in HAL. A separate production line for ALH is also coming up in HAL Kanpur Division," says Dr Kumar.

http://english.mathrubhumi.com/news...-by-2018-mathrubhumi-aeroindia2017--1.1725141

dont think so

Upgraded ALH civil version getting ready ::

To a query on the civil version of ALH, Dr Kumar said the Mk-I version of ALH Civil is being upgraded to Mk-III version and discussions are on with DGCA for the certification. He said various civil operators and BSF have expressed interest for the upgraded version.

"We have now separated helicopter production and MRO. The production line has become stable and standardized. We have built a robust eco system to support helicopter manufacturing in HAL. A separate production line for ALH is also coming up in HAL Kanpur Division," says Dr Kumar.

http://english.mathrubhumi.com/news...-by-2018-mathrubhumi-aeroindia2017--1.1725141

So, the main production lines are in fact being free'd up for LCH/LUH. ALH is being moved to Kanpur - which I think will produce ALH in the quantity that'll get demanded in the future. Also, I would think they'll keep looking for export markets for ALH!!

Back
Top Bottom