What's new

Exclusive: The Bangladesh Army has approved the purchase of attack helicopters besides numerous other types of helicopters and fixed wing aircraft.

Well I don't know about just Pakistan and Bangladesh being customers will support their defence industry, but Indonesia, Philippines and several other Asian and South American countries are already prospective customers, especially for Helis and Frigates. Bangladesh is indeed a very prospective Naval customer - which Pakistan already is (Jinnah class and Milgem corvettes among others).

@Zarvan bhai, are those two types of ships the only ones in the pipeline for PN?
Besides the MILGEM corvette (Babur-class) and Jinnah-class frigate, the PN has a requirement for additional OPVs, shallow-water attack/miniature submarines, and possibly even another AIP submarine.

The PN seems to be in talks with Turkey for the miniature submarine. But I think there's a chance that the PN may opt for OPVs based on the MILGEM too. They did buy the IP for the B-Class and J-Class, so I guess it wouldn't be hard to rework the B-Class into a lower-cost OPV...

1629513748704.png

Besides the MILGEM corvette (Babur-class) and Jinnah-class frigate, the PN has a requirement for additional OPVs, shallow-water attack/miniature submarines, and possibly even another AIP submarine.

The PN seems to be in talks with Turkey for the miniature submarine. But I think there's a chance that the PN may opt for OPVs based on the MILGEM too. They did buy the IP for the B-Class and J-Class, so I guess it wouldn't be hard to rework the B-Class into a lower-cost OPV...

View attachment 771591

Great information brother, we should increase the defence cooperation among D-8 countries, there is plenty of defence business to go around for Turkey to utilize and this will make Turkey's economy stronger as a D-8 leader nation which all of us D-8 member countries want in any case.

I hope the day will come when Bangladesh and Pakistan can cooperate on Naval builds as well.

Great information brother, we should increase the defence cooperation among D-8 countries, there is plenty of defence business to go around for Turkey to utilize and this will make Turkey's economy stronger as a D-8 leader nation which all of us D-8 member countries want in any case.

I hope the day will come when Bangladesh and Pakistan can cooperate on Naval builds as well.
I wish we see our own Airbus. Basically a giant transnational corporation that builds fighters, UCAVs, medium and heavy transports, satellites, airliners, and helicopters spanning across Turkey, Bangladesh, Pakistan, and Indonesia.

I wish we see our own Airbus. Basically a giant transnational corporation that builds fighters, UCAVs, medium and heavy transports, satellites, airliners, and helicopters spanning across Turkey, Bangladesh, Pakistan, and Indonesia.

Yes - that time has indeed come, to meet our own collective needs in exactly that manner (i.e. risk-sharing and profit-sharing partnership). Gotta start somewhere.

Well I don't know about just Pakistan and Bangladesh being customers will support their defence industry, but Indonesia, Philippines and several other Asian and South American countries are already prospective customers, especially for Helis and Frigates. Bangladesh is indeed a very prospective Naval customer - which Pakistan already is (Jinnah class and Milgem corvettes among others).

@Zarvan bhai, are those two types of ships the only ones in the pipeline for PN?

What you say has some basis but I said if both Bangladesh and Pakistan become "massive" importers of Turkish arms then the Turks will be able to get the economies of scale to try to compete with the Europeans over the next 10-20 years.

We are not talking about trivial quantities here as Pakistan wanted to buy 30 T-129s but the US sanctions on the export of their engine put paid to that for the time being. The Pakistanis look like they are now just waiting for the indigenous Turkish engine to be ready before making another order.

As for BN and their "next-gen" frigate programme that is 6 4-5000 tonne warships this decade alone and potentially the same amount but larger ships(destroyers?) next decade. BD defence spending is growing at one of the fastest rates in the world, albeit from a low base, but now it seems to have reached "critical mass" to allow the purchase of substantial quantities of expensive foreign weapons.

Pakistan and BD have need for quantities of Turkish arms probably nearly as large combined as Turkey itself and so with them and some other sales, the Turks would be able to get the economies of scale they need to invest in the R&D of these systems to keep them competitive with the West somewhat.

Last edited:
Its bullshit...no deal has been signed...they just "showed" interest as usual.

Back
Top Bottom