What's new

Exclusive > PAF Air Chief Leading The Flypast

Notice Abhinandan dropping in for Tea in the background.
FB_IMG_1648066798531.jpg

Wait wait wait… the block-52’s have a drag chute?
I saw that tail and knew it had to be for a chute but never really saw it in use so was always thinking why did the PAF not get it with the chute
More surprising is the fact that f16 was also planned with a tail hook for carrier landing , only if it had won the naval contest against f18 Hornet.

More surprising is the fact that f16 was also planned with a tail hook for carrier landing , only if it had won the naval contest against f18 Hornet.
tail hooks existed earlier for arrested landings on land as well. A variant of the F-16 was pitched against the hornet but wasn’t optimized well for that scenario.

I don't want to be a party pooper but I noticed that the lead F-16 didn't perform vertical rolls as it normally does during previous fly pasts.

I don't want to be a party pooper but I noticed that the lead F-16 didn't perform vertical rolls as it normally does during previous fly pasts.
You probably also noticed that the F-16 wasn't flying alone this time either, it was part of a formation and conducted a Linear Bomb Burst.

You probably also noticed that the F-16 wasn't flying alone this time either, it was part of a formation and conducted a Linear Bomb Burst.
Yes I did thank you, but if you watch the video clips of this linearbomb burst in rehearsals, the lead F-16 does climb sharply at 90 degrees popping flares while doing multiple vertical rolls.

Yes I did thank you, but if you watch the video clips of this linearbomb burst in rehearsals, the lead F-16 does climb sharply at 90 degrees popping flares while doing multiple vertical rolls.
Yes those were rehersals without the ACM in the back seat, he is probably not fit enough to sustain the high Gs.

Back
Top Bottom