What's new

Featured Ex PN Chief Zafar Mehmood Abbasi highlighted PN modernization

Real and big upgrade for PN. Traditionally PN was about 1/3 the size of IN and a defensive brown water navy. Going by the above it seems it is being transformed into an offensive blue water about 2/3 the size of IN. That is incredible. No Pakistan service arm has gone through such a rapid transformation in history, perhaps only PAF in early 50s with massive intake of Sabres and F-104s in the space of a few years.

How I wish I was a part the Navy right now. Really heart warming to see the Navy grow into a formidable force (and that too with more than a considerable emphasis on indigenization).

means no more Azmat class :(

I think in FAC and Patrol boats PN already has decent numbers, it is obvious decision has been made to go for more major vessels. One also has to remember manpower limitations and the rate of new inductions. Lots going on so makes sense we focus on the bigger projects

> 4 x Type-054AP are under construction
> 4 x MILGEM ships are under construction
> 1 x Jinnah-class Frigate construction

If I read the details on what Jinnah Class Frigate really is, then it's stated that the fourth ship of the Milgem will be Jinnah Class that would be designed and constructed entirely by Pakistan. In other words there will only be there Milgem Frigates, while there would possibly be upto five Jinnah Class Frigates. Bringing the total number of frigates to 8. Which would give Pakistan Navy 12-13 frigates and upto 6-7 Destroyers.

So Pakistan is no longer looking at defending it's coasts only but is now working towards expanding it's naval power.

Will the UCAVs be PN operated and maintained or just operated by PN and maintained by PAF?

This naval chief changed the outlook of pak navy single handedly in his tenure

Hypersonic ballistic missiles can keep even most advanced surface fleets well away from our shores.... And actually since these are ballistic missiles range is not a huge issue.. They can hit fleets well within high seas.

China is first one with this concept. Iran has claim of having one. Pak may b the third country in world

Back
Top Bottom