What's new

Ex-ISI official Col Imam killed

May ALLAH bless Col. Imam's soul, his martyrdom is a great loss to the Country..

he had a distinguished and decorated career....I think he wanted to do what was right and what was most feasible

this should be a message to those who dogmatically, stupidly propogate that ISI is supporting them based solely on the premise that active or inactive members may have contacts within such organizations

news media -especially that in the west and in certain nearby countries -almost seems to aim to mislead and dupe it's naive 'subjects'

The very fanatics he created resulted in the end of his life. I guess this is lesson enough for the people to see these people can be of no use, neither today nor in future. So don't consider them as assets they will come and bite you big time sooner or later...

Next thing we are going to hear is that he wasnt killed by real taliban.

Next thing we are going to hear is that he wasnt killed by real taliban.

according to at least what the news reports, which group claimed killing him?

maybe you should read

also realize that when taleban have taken lives, they always claimed responsibility for it

according to at least what the news reports, which group claimed killing him?

maybe you should read

also realize that when taleban have taken lives, they always claimed responsibility for it

Sir

Can you please tell if any trace of collaboration between TTP/Lej and afghan has ever been established at any point of time?

this should be a message to those who dogmatically, stupidly propogate that ISI is supporting them based solely on the premise that active or inactive members may have contacts within such organizations

The 'logic' you're trying to propagate is analogous to this:

Since a suicide bomber got killed while making a bomb, hence it should be a lesson to everyone that he was not a suicide bomber at all.

This is not what I'm saying, this is what you're saying.

The 'logic' you're trying to propagate is analogous to this:

Since a suicide bomber got killed while making a bomb, hence it should be a lesson to everyone that he was not a suicide bomber at all.

a stupid analogy that shouldn't be give any thought or be dignified with a response

good effort though

Sir

Can you please tell if any trace of collaboration between TTP/Lej and afghan has ever been established at any point of time?

I can only speculate since i am not privy to the details

i think in some ways they have some similar goals in the region however their methods differ as does implementation

LeJ and TTP is a marriage of convenience; they're both terrorist groups who use religion for political purposes

Afghan taleban is a purely Afghan oriented movement, consisting of Afghan citizens and focused on establishing an Islamic government in Afghanistan. They have publicly condemned and disowned the actions of TTP

Asia Times Online :: South Asia news, business and economy from India and Pakistan

---------- Post added at 07:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:13 AM ----------

Well, that's what you said.

sorry you feel that way....can't help you

I can only speculate since i am not privy to the details

i think in some ways they have some similar goals in the region however their methods differ as does implementation

LeJ and TTP is a marriage of convenience; they're both terrorist groups who use religion for political purposes

Afghan taleban is a purely Afghan oriented movement, consisting of Afghan citizens and focused on establishing an Islamic government in Afghanistan. They have publicly condemned and disowned the actions of TTP

Asia Times Online :: South Asia news, business and economy from India and Pakistan

---------- Post added at 07:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:13 AM ----------

sorry you feel that way....can't help you

Said the same thing in my third last post in the same thread!

Bharatis will keep yelling the same thing, no matter how many times they have been told the above facts..

Please SHUT UP if you don't know the facts!

It was Afghan Mujahideen who were created by ISI and Col. Imam played the main role in it, Afghan Taliban today are fighting the illegal occupation as their elders fought in 80s..

The Pakistani Taliban, TTP who supposedly Martyred Col. Imam ARE NOT, I repeat, ARE NOT affiliated with Afghan Taliban in any case..

TTP is a Terrorist group created by RAW and some other Hostile Intel. Agencies to fulfill their evil objectives, TTP never fought in Afghanistan..

For the bold portion,
These are all creations of your minds my friend. All of you are dead sure that RAW and other hostile intelligence agencies created TTP but based on what?? All hearsay or do u guys have any proofs as well... we are waiting for hell long time for ur proofs when r u going to show them to world...

neither RAW nor ISI created taliban,

facts,

1. there was no ISI when Mullah Omar formed taliban with only a dozen guys.

2. ISI and KSA used to pay hikmatyar and persians used to pay ahmad shah masoud (northen alliance). we all know what moral standards did hikmatyar ever had.

3. its the ISI who decided to protect convoy routes on indus highway which carry loaded trucks with ammonition which kill muslims in afghanistan.

4. had the ISI and JSOC not killed nek muhammad in 2004, then TTP would have never been born.

5. Operation cannon ball and lal masjid were the turning points.

6. Its the alqaeda which chiseled the taliban into ultimate fighters with technology , techniques and theology. RAW cannot even exist in afghanistan.

ps: i am a punjabi pakistani. when i go beyond nowshera(NWFP), the locals know i am an alien.if you say americans cannot operate there, then the indians cannot exist there as well. TTP is the result of our pro american agenda and we should not shift blame. the blame game over india is just a mass hypnosis tactics by ISPR, otherswise we simply do not have any ground for war on terror. ever noticed, when ever the ESF/CSF is not coming, there are no operations??!! whose war are we really figthing.

facts,

2. ISI and KSA used to pay hikmatyar and persians used to pay ahmad shah masoud (northen alliance). we all know what moral standards did hikmatyar ever had.

3. its the ISI who decided to protect convoy routes on indus highway which carry loaded trucks with ammonition which kill muslims in afghanistan.

4. had the ISI and JSOC not killed nek muhammad in 2004, then TTP would have never been born.

6. Its the alqaeda which chiseled the taliban into ultimate fighters with technology , techniques and theology. RAW cannot even exist in afghanistan.

ps: i am a punjabi pakistani. when i go beyond nowshera(NWFP), the locals know i am an alien.if you say americans cannot operate there, then the indians cannot exist there as well. TTP is the result of our pro american agenda and we should not shift blame. the blame game over india is just a mass hypnosis tactics by ISPR, otherswise we simply do not have any ground for war on terror. ever noticed, when ever the ESF/CSF is not coming, there are no operations??!! whose war are we really figthing.

super accurate post,that is the exact info,RAW can operate in balochistan but in NWFP since my grandfather had been there and by how he described it RAW would face mass casaulties if they went there.

facts,

before bin laden came to afghanistan,taliban were merely rules of afghanistan that too only the kabul and kandhar regions,they didnt care about americans or the world its bin ladens arrival and his ideas which made the guys anti-americans.
funny thing is mullah omar in the begining was irritated by bin laden.

Apparently, Col Sultan wasn't shot, but died of heart attack.

PESHAWAR, Pakistan, Jan 24, 2011 (AFP) - A former Pakistani intelligence officer considered a "godfather" of the Afghan Taliban has died of a heart attack in captivity in the northwest, a senior government official said.

Sultan Amir Tarar, known as "Colonel Imam", was kidnapped by Islamist rebels last March while travelling with another ex-spy and a British journalist in the lawless border district of North Waziristan, a key militants' hideout.

Tariq Hayat, the top administrative official for the tribal areas of Pakistan, said district officials had informed him of Tarar's death.

"I was told by the political administration of North Waziristan that he died from a heart attack," Hayat told AFP.

"He died from a heart attack, but I will say that he was killed by the Taliban because he was a heart patient and if you don't provide medicine to a heart patient you are going to kill him," he said, adding that his body had not been recovered.

Military and intelligence officials could not confirm his death.

Back
Top Bottom