What's new

Ex-Boeing Engineer Spied for China

I would love to BUT only if u can read this.......:lol:
eea936535ed7b8c166447f15c1f8d9fb.gif

looks like you barely remember how to write your mother language

Last edited:
This thread has been hijacked into a multi-lingual translational page.

Pentagon Official Accused of Passing Secrets to China in Unfolding Spy Case

A mid-level Pentagon official working for U.S. Pacific Command now faces criminal charges in an ongoing espionage investigation for allegedly providing classified information to an agent of the Chinese government. James Fondren served as the Deputy Director of Pacific Command's liaison office and had a long friendship with Tai Shen Kuo, who was arrested and charged last year for passing sensitive information onto Chinese military and intelligence officials.

Fondren and Kuo were both friends and business associates. Prior to working at the Pentagon as a civilian, Fondren served as a Lt. Colonel in the U.S. Air Force and retired in 1996. Two years later, according to the criminal complaint, Fondren established a consulting company in Virginia whose sole client was Kuo, a naturalized US citizen from Taiwan who lived in Louisiana and ran two companies in the United States.

Kuo is also linked to Gregg Bergersen, a former policy analyst at the Defense Security Cooperation Agency. Kuo and Bergersen were arrested last February on espionage charges. Bergersen was accused of providing information on weapon sales to Taiwan and passing military communications security information to Kuo. Bergersen pleaded guilty to disclosing national defense information in March 2008 and was sentenced to 57 months in prison. Kuo pleaded guilty to conspiracy to disclosing national defense information a year ago and is currently serving a 15-year prison term.

The criminal complaint unsealed today alleges that between November 2004 and February 2008, Fondren provided Kuo with documents he obtained from classified computers at the Pentagon. Specifically, an FBI affidavit in the case alleges that Fondren provided State Department cables and information on Naval exercises and sold Kuo DoD "opinion papers" at prices ranging from $350-800 a piece.

Kuo allegedly represented to Bergersen and Fondren that he was passing information he obtained to a high ranking general in the Taiwanese military when in reality according to the FBI he was receiving tasking instructions and what information to collect from a Chinese government official. According to the FBI, Kuo also maintained offices in China as part of his business ventures.

Kuo and Fondren's friendship allowed the Chinese agent to stay at Fondren's house in Annandale Virginia. According to the affidavit, FBI surveillance conducted on Fondren's home on March 3, 2007 establishes that Fondren provided Kuo with a draft DoD assessment of China's military power and told him, "This is the report I didn't want you to talk about over the phone….[if] people find out I did that, it will cost me my job." According to the FBI affidavit, although the Pentagon assessment of China's military strength was published 3 months later, many items in the draft report were not contained in the public version.
In a statement today, Art Cummings, Executive Assistant Director of the FBI's national Security Branch said, "The complaint unsealed today alleges that Mr. Fondren conspired to steal our nation's secrets for a foreign government, placing his own interests over those of the citizens he served as a U.S. Government employee….Espionage is a profoundly serious crime."

Fondren was initially approached by FBI agents in August 2007, according to an FBI affidavit filed by Special Agent Robert Gibbs. Fondren told agents he maintained some contacts with foreign military officials and also stated he would never tell anyone anything they could not find by doing their own research from public sources or from newspaper articles.

According to the FBI affidavit, two days after the initial visit from the FBI agents, Fondren e-mailed Kuo alerting him that he had been interviewed by FBI counterintelligence agents: "I couldn't determine what they wanted, but I doubt that they are really interested in political, economic and security issues affecting Asian countries…The discussion seemed to be in a bizarre direction so I wanted you to be aware of my surprise visit in case you get a surprise also!"

When Kuo was arrested on February 12, 2008 he was staying as a guest in Fondren's house in Virginia. According to the FBI affidavit, "Among his possessions, Kuo had a draft copy of a DOD document entitled "The National Military Strategy of the United States of America 2008, Version 5."

Later that day Fondren was interviewed by FBI agents and told them that he had a copy of the strategy document at his house and had taken it home because he did not have enough time to read it at work.

Fondren is expected to appear before a federal magistrate this afternoon at the federal court in Alexandria. Asa Hutchinson, the lawyer for Mr. Fondren, was not available for comment.

http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/Story?id=7579861&page=1

i am glad if it is true,china got some secrets......india and US spies are still trying.....

yeah!! but the thing is if chinese spies were good they wouldnt get cought. :P

yeah!! but the thing is if chinese spies were good they wouldnt get cought. :P

we have plenty of spies......we always get what we want.....your spies are still trying.....

Last edited:
Well, what ever the linguistic chit chat above, the response of aimarraul, if true, should cause non-Chinese Americans, like me, to question the loyalty of all Chinese Americans. Maybe we should treat all of them as traitors if 33% of them are? Is that what you suggest aimarraul? In my personal experience, many of our immigrant Chinese Americans come from Taiwan and are NOT sympathetic to helping Beijing at the expense of the US, who has given them economic opportunity and political freedom. However, the Chinese in the US that have come from the PRC are COMPLETELY another matter. I can easily believe that 33% of THEM are spies and enemies. But what else could you expect from an amoral nation?

Well, what ever the linguistic chit chat above, the response of aimarraul, if true, should cause non-Chinese Americans, like me, to question the loyalty of all Chinese Americans. Maybe we should treat all of them as traitors if 33% of them are? Is that what you suggest aimarraul? In my personal experience, many of our immigrant Chinese Americans come from Taiwan and are NOT sympathetic to helping Beijing at the expense of the US, who has given them economic opportunity and political freedom. However, the Chinese in the US that have come from the PRC are COMPLETELY another matter. I can easily believe that 33% of THEM are spies and enemies. But what else could you expect from an amoral nation?

it's unfair to judge our amoral before you know the truth,US judge about china's "human right" everyday,but US killed 1million iraqis in cold blood ,US judger our "trial" everyday,but US treat people like dog in guantanamo,i wonder how many US spies are living in china when US is accusing someone as chinese spy without strong evidence ,you should examine yourself before you judge others.you even sell the gun to civilians just for high taxes,same reason you keep starting the war around the world ,for your andmilitary enterprises and energy interest,US govt don't care about amoral,it's all about money and your interests,there is vivid Chinese idioms to define US Govt "贼喊捉贼"

Last edited:
it's unfair to judge our amoral before you know the truth,US judge about china's "human right" everyday,but US killed 1million iraqis in cold blood ,US judger our "trial" everyday,but US treat people like dog in guantanamo,i wonder how many US spies are living in china when US is accusing someone as chinese spy without strong evidence ,you should examine yourself before you judge others.you even sell the gun to civilians just for high taxes,same reason you keep starting the war around the world ,for your andmilitary enterprises and energy interest,US govt don't care about amoral,it's all about money and your interests,there is vivid Chinese idioms to define US Govt "贼喊捉贼"

Blah, blah, blah. Typical Red Chinese deflection of responsibility for its amoral behavior. By definition Communist China is amoral. Look up the dictionary definition of "amoral" and see for yourself. No belief in values that are transcendent of the Communist Party. And those "values" are whatever the old men in the CCP Politburo say they are. Blah, blah, blah goes your xenophobic BS.....

only your govt enjoy blahing,you don't like Red Chinese,why don't you do something with your F-22,stop being a gossip chick

OK aimarraul, if you are so "moral", what religious code do you believe in?

PS, we don't need F-22's to deal with Red Chinese wimps. Our old F-16's and F-18's will wipe out any red Chinese planes that may be able to get off the ground.

OK aimarraul, if you are so "moral", what religious code do you believe in?

PS, we don't need F-22's to deal with Red Chinese wimps. Our old F-16's and F-18's will wipe out any red Chinese planes that may be able to get off the ground.

stop wasting your time,send some old F-16 here

So, aimarraul, you dodged the question. If you, and your Commie nation, are so "moral", what moral code do you believe in? What do you base your morality on? Chairman Mao's or Stalin's teachings, both of whom slaughtered more human beings than any one in human history?

So, aimarraul, you dodged the question. If you, and your Commie nation, are so "moral", what moral code do you believe in? What do you base your morality on? Chairman Mao's or Stalin's teachings, both of whom slaughtered more human beings than any one in human history?

you are also dodging my point , continuing your endless debate ,you are still living in cold war period , i am talking about iraq and guantanamo

you are also dodging my point , continuing your endless debate ,you are still living in cold war period , i am talking about iraq and guantanamo

Yeah, and what you say about both is complete total propaganda BS. Oh! How did you treat US captured prisioners in the Korean War? How many of your own people were butchered in the "Great Leap Forward"? Are you proud of that??

I guess you are afraid to defend the morality of your Commie nation. How much are you helping out in the Sudan? How many African despots are your supporting? Are your buddies in North Korea behaving the way your "morality" would have them behave? Why not? Do you care? Or are you enjoying the instability that your stooge Kim Il Jong causes?

It is midnight here in the US. I'll catch your brilliant reply tomorrow. Good night! Bye!

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom