What's new

Even a midget nuke strike will lead to massive retaliation, India warns Pak

Status
Not open for further replies.

mirage2K

Reaction score
Country
India
NEW DELHI: India will retaliate massively even if Pakistan uses tactical nuclear weapons against it. With Pakistan developing "tactical" nuclear warheads, that is, miniaturizing its weapons to be carried on short-range missiles, India will protect its security interests by retaliating to a "smaller" tactical attack in exactly the same manner as it would respond to a "big" strategic attack.

Articulating Indian nuclear policy in this regard for the first time, Shyam Saran, convener of the National Security Advisory Board, said, "India will not be the first to use nuclear weapons, but if it is attacked with such weapons, it would engage in nuclear retaliation which will be massive and designed to inflict unacceptable damage on its adversary. The label on a nuclear weapon used for attacking India, strategic or tactical, is irrelevant from the Indian perspective." This is significant, because Saran was placing on record India's official nuclear posture with the full concurrence of the highest levels of nuclear policymakers in New Delhi.

Giving a speech on India's nuclear deterrent recently, Saran placed India's nuclear posture in perspective in the context of recent developments, notably the "jihadist edge" that Pakistan's nuclear weapons capability have acquired.

Saran argued that as a result of its tactical weapons, Pakistan believes it has brought down the threshold of nuclear use. "Pakistani motivation is to dissuade India from contemplating conventional punitive retaliation to sub-conventional but highly destructive and disruptive cross-border terrorist strikes such as the horrific 26/11 attack on Mumbai. What Pakistan is signalling to India and to the world is that India should not contemplate retaliation even if there is another Mumbai because Pakistan has lowered the threshold of nuclear use to the theatre level. This is nothing short of nuclear blackmail, no different from the irresponsible behaviour one witnesses in North Korea," he said.

One of the main reasons for Pakistan miniaturizing its nukes is actually to keep its weapons from being confiscated or neutralized by the US, a fear that has grown in the Pakistani establishment in the wake of the operation against Osama bin Laden. "Pakistan has, nevertheless, projected its nuclear deterrent as solely targeted at India and its strategic doctrine mimics the binary nuclear equation between the US and the Soviet Union which prevailed during the Cold War," Saran said.

However, warning Pakistan, he added, "A limited nuclear war is a contradiction in terms. Any nuclear exchange, once initiated, would swiftly and inexorably escalate to the strategic level. Pakistan would be prudent not to assume otherwise as it sometimes appears to do, most recently by developing and perhaps deploying theatre nuclear weapons."

There have been significant shifts in Pakistan's nuclear posture recently. First is the movement from uranium to a newer generation of plutonium weapons, which has enabled Pakistan to increase the number of weapons, outstripping India in weapons and fissile material production. Although they are still to be verified, Pakistan has claimed it has miniaturized nuclear weapons to be used on cruise missiles and other short-range missiles. The newer generation of Pakistan's weapons are also solid-fuelled rather than liquid, making them easier to transport and launch.

Even a midget nuke strike will lead to massive retaliation, India warns Pak - The Times of India

Guys, I would like to ask something here.... Lets say what will India do if the country is not Pakistan but China ?

I am asking this because I am seriously pissed off seeing the stance India is taking against China. Feeling like India is like programmed robot which has only been programmed to destroy Pakistan. In the mean time anyone can come from anywhere and destroy India but India's focus -> Pakistan.

These statements won't hold good until India seriously thinks of all the issues, not getting biased on one.

Similar to the example -> I can't do hard sums, hence will do easy sums. I may fail in the exam because hard sums will come there, but doesn't matter, will fail in exam but still won't do coz the hard ones will tax my brain.

Guys, I would like to ask something here.... Lets say what will India do if the country is not Pakistan but China ?

I am asking this because I am seriously pissed off seeing the stance India is taking against China. Feeling like India is like programmed robot which has only been programmed to destroy Pakistan. In the mean time anyone can come from anywhere and destroy India but India's focus -> Pakistan.

These statements won't hold good until India seriously thinks of all the issues, not getting biased on one.

Similar to the example -> I can't do hard sums, hence will do easy sums. I may fail in the exam because hard sums will come there, but doesn't matter, will fail in exam but still won't do.

China is a different situation because although China is militarily on a different level compared to India, it can only take land but cannot hope to maintain hold due to the terrain unless it inflicts a total defeat on India which is not possible considering Indian nuclear deterrent.

Well depending on who you ask this might be for show as well, I mean saying this is one thing but actually doing it when the time comes is a whole nother.

China is a different situation because although China is militarily on a different level compared to India, it can only take land but cannot hope to maintain hold due to the terrain unless it inflicts a total defeat on India which is not possible considering Indian nuclear deterrent.

Well depending on who you ask this might be for show as well, I mean saying this is one thing but actually doing it when the time comes is a whole nother.

Does that mean India will give statement, 'Ohh! There are 40 soldiers, then it's not an incursion'.
So does that mean the Chinese Soldiers have come for an excursion in India.
We should let 40 solds from our army do that and see how they respond. Probably then we would learn a costly lesson.

Does that mean India will give statement, 'Ohh! There are 40 soldiers, then it's not an incursion'.
So does that mean the Chinese Soldiers have come for an excursion in India.
We should let 40 solds from our army do that and see how they respond. Probably then we would learn a costly lesson.

No India should force them out, idk why you guys don't.

At first you wanna remain calm but after three meetings they don't leave it is time for action.

No India should force them out, idk why you guys don't.

At first you wanna remain calm but after three meetings they don't leave it is time for action.

This question should be raised to our corrupt politicians who are busy filling up pockets rather than having any vision. I mean one needs to think for that, but these people are thinking about self growth. Only before elections, some hilarious propaganda will start, will do this and that and after it's over all promises are smoked.
Everyone can give an easy statement so those don't have any values. I think our countrymen should understand this now and take action against these buggers.

Similar to the example -> I can't do hard sums, hence will do easy sums. I may fail in the exam because hard sums will come there, but doesn't matter, will fail in exam but still won't do.

Those long range missiles, nuke launched long range missiles, rafale, 5th gen planes, P8I, MIRVed missiles, ASATS are for China, India will bide its time till most are in place and will not fully retaliate to Chinese needling still yet.

Those long range missiles, nuke launched long range missiles, rafale, 5th gen planes, P8I, MIRVed missiles, ASATS are for China, India will bide its time till most are in place and will not fully retaliate to Chinese needling still yet.

Ok lets see!
Won't comment anymore. Just want to see till the end.

Ok lets see!
Won't comment anymore. Just want to see till the end.

China will get into wars with India, Japan, US, SK and possibly with Russia at some stage - has to, there's no two ways about it because thats how they are - all their economic and military buildup is geared towards war with these countries.

So ideally from an Indian perspective when its time for war we should be with a capability to economically and militarily to completely destroy China including its navy, PLA, and its airforce.

As for nukes - I would take a guess and say that we have plenty for both countries - or at least have everything in place to make them at short notice.

5th generation planes? :rofl:
MIRVed missiles? :rofl:
ASAT? :rofl:

Keep dreaming kid. You won't get that for decades.

more of a political statement to cover up the recent and ongoing spanking by China.

what we can say.... If we go in peaceful and diplomatic manner, some idiots say incompetent army, don't have guts, spanking, defeat etc..... if we go other option the same idiots say, war mongers etc..... what a double standard? don't know how this fellows get such kinda stupid talk.... may be they get this kinda brain by birth otherwise may they get from different helpers.... lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom