What's new

Europe Divided Over China Arms Sales

I am fraid that Rolls-Royce engine could be the only technology that China is interested of for now.

Since China has the goal to build the reliable top class jet engine like Pratt & Whitney and GE.

Yeah, but they know that selling a rolls royce engine to China will just be another technology in the hands of the Chinese, which will be copied and possibly later improved:cheers:

Actually, I think both Europe & China will benefit GREATLY in large jet transports R&D, if China could work more closely with Airbus. It will help China in gaining critical tech, while Airbus could learn from Chinese management efficiency.
For a nation that just built its 5th generation fighter, China's jet transport indutry is still very much in its infancy, perhaps even lagging slightly behind Brazil.

You are right on this one. China only needs large transport from EU.

Nothing else.

They are acting under there own free will.... we dont control what they say....

What nation wants to agree with China's evil ways anyways.... Im sure there intentions are not friendly...

Don't get me wrong China is awesome in many ways business wise, but with this communist thinking is evil... and these ways do not sit well for many of us

Oh come on do you think the British public actually support the Iraq invasion? They chose nothing, they got dragged into the war by the "Atlanticist" Tony Blair despite poll showing an overwhelming opposition to the war. The people's will in action right? You say jump Tony said how high.

and Communist? besides not being a democracy what part of China's government is communist? What part of it do you think Marx or Lenin would approve of? Let me ask you then which country has a better social safety net, health care, medicaid etc? China or the US? If you're going to sling insults around at least get the terminology right.

Last edited:
meh if the U.S. government was smart, they would sell arms to china. china hacks all our sh1t anyways. we should at least make some money while we can :undecided:

Don't need to end the embargo yet. Wait till the self hating idiots born in the 50's and 60's die off/retire/get shot for corruption and then end the embargo "symbolically". Won't buy anything anyways.

German machine tools can be bought any time, they don't give a s* about "dual use technology" only the US does. No one except the US traces end users, because US is paranoid.

We need to get advanced machineries from Germany, Japan, France and mayby Canada. Then use these tools to develop our own tech.

Then trade our advanced tech with other advanced tech from other nations. Soon we will completely caught up with the west in terms of tech.

there has got to be a saying somewhere about dividing your enemies in chinese maybe the art of war has something on this

drive a wedge between US/Briton and the rest of EU, china is now playing their game against them?

Please, please, PLEASE, don't end the arms embargo. Our domestic arms industries have done very well under the pressure of embargo and ending it may reverse all that.

China should develop its industry and it has. Now if something from west is imported, it won't hamper the further growth and would rather act as catalyst. China with this economy and this much of military development is unstoppable and the equipment which EU can sell to China today wouldn't be able to sell in 10 years down the road. It would be win-win for everybody if it happens. My 2$.

I think limited import of EU military Tech will help Chinese industry more ,as so far they have been able to look deep inside Russian tech but then they will also be able to have deep look inside one the best technology and they can either reverse engineer it or clone it doesnot matter .

They will learn alot about western tech and there pros and cons. learning is one thing that never ends

Back
Top Bottom