What's new

Eurofighter Typhoon News and updates

COMMON LAUNCHER DEVELOPMENT FOR TYPHOON
28 May 2015
1434555236666.jpg

UK Ministry of Defence awards funding to investigate feasibility of a common weapon launcher for Typhoon
The UK Ministry of Defence has provided £1.7 million of funding to research a common weapon launcher for Typhoon that could be capable of carrying multiple weapons and weapon types on one aircraft attachment point.

Typhoon in Dubai

The project will bring together expertise from ourselves as the weapons integration lead for Typhoon and the weapons manufacturers MBDA and Raytheon UK. If the research is successful this could be the latest development in a programme of activity to ensure that Typhoon continues to deliver world-leading capability for the armed forces.
Andy Eddleston, Typhoon Product Development and Future Capability Director said: "Developing a common weapon launcher solution could significantly enhance Typhoon's ability to deliver increased weapons persistence and effects. Each launcher could be capable of carrying up to three weapons, providing a great deal of flexibility and persistence for the operator."

BAE typhoon fighter jet

The common weapon launcher, if the research is successful and the programme taken forward, could offer a flexible and cost effective solution for customers. The launcher could potentially carry weapons such as the Dual Mode Brimstone 2 Missile and the Paveway IV Precision Guided Bomb.

Typhoon armament.

Typhoon is already regarded as a world-leading combat aircraft and it continues to advance in order to deliver the latest technologies to keep its operators ahead in a constantly changing global environment. Recent enhancements in capability include the integration of the Paveway IV Precision Guided Bomb and contracts to integrate the Captor E-Scan radar and the Dual Mode Brimstone Missile.

COMMON LAUNCHER DEVELOPMENT FOR TYPHOON | BAE Systems | International

The latest tablet technology is now being used to help maintain fast jet Typhoon aircraft

Engineers at our site in Warton, Lancashire are bringing together two technologies to offer a quicker, smarter and more intuitive way of servicing the worlds’ leading combat aircraft.

Our company has been developing bespoke software applications (‘apps’) that will be hosted on the Panasonic FZ-G1 Toughpad tablet to compliment the aircrafts’ on-board health management systems. Before and after every sortie, the aircraft performs its own ‘healthcheck’ and presents a series of findings onto the Maintenance Data Panel, located on the side of the aircraft. Engineers analyse this information and conduct a series of checks, in parallel with the pilot’s pre-flight cockpit checks, to ensure the aircraft is safe and fit for flight.
1434554933468.jpg
A screenshot of Typhoon's new tablet capabilities

With the introduction of the latest tablet technology, the data displayed on the aircraft panel is analysed automatically so that the user is presented with a series of simple, colour coded icons which, at a glance, confirm what missions the aircraft is fit to fly. This approach is not only saving time on the ground but is also providing information in real time and from multiple missions.

In our latest blog post Shaun discusses the process the engineering team went through introducing the tablet technology to Typhoon:Keeping tabs on Typhoon

The first trails of this new system were successfully completed in June and with the capability now cleared and in use, the team of engineers responsible for bringing new technologies to Typhoon will continue to develop ways of exploiting tablet technology with Typhoon.

Further developments continue on capability enhancements for Typhoon including integration of the Captor E-Scan radar, Meteor, Storm Shadow and Brimstone 2 weapons.

Details of those developments can be found online here:
Error Page | BAE Systems | International

:enjoy:

France left the consortium long ago. It has no share/stake in it anymore. Its their loss. @Gabriel92 :coffee: Its led by Great Britain and Germany.

TYPHOON TOUCHES DOWN IN MALAYSIA
22 March 2014
1434554899210.jpg

All eyes turned skywards in Penang today with the arrival of four Royal Air Force Typhoons.

The Typhoon aircraft have flown from the UK ahead of the LIMA 2014 air show on Langkawi next week. The 29 Squadron RAF team will be displaying the new multi-role combat aircraft at the event and promise air show spectators a performance to remember.

Display pilot Flt Lt Jamie Norris is paying his first ever visit to Malaysia and is looking forward to the Show.

'I've been working hard on the 2014 display through a damp and cold English winter. So to arrive and perform my first display of the 2014 season in a warm and beautiful Malaysia is a great pleasure and honour for me and the team,' he said.

The RAF team will be based at Butterworth and Langkawi during its stay in Malaysia and, now they have arrived, they will set about implementing plans for the Show which begins on Tuesday 26 March.

We are one of the four European partner industries that developed Typhoon and we are leading a bid to offer the jet to the Royal Malaysian Air Force once its competition for MiG 29 replacement gets underway later this year. We are exhibiting at the show and are pleased to have Typhoon along to display its capabilities.

'Our job is to let Malaysia know that selecting Typhoon is not just about owning a world-leading fighter. It is also important to know that it means sustained benefits to the Malaysian economy through industrial partnerships, jobs, technology and skills development. While we will be getting those 'partnership' messages across on the ground at LIMA we can leave Typhoon to do its own talking - in the air above Langkawi.” said our KL-based regional managing director, John Brosnan.

Typhoon touches down in Malaysia | BAE Systems | International

I recall reading somewhere that France still had some financial stake. Thanks for the confirmation.

I recall reading somewhere that France still had some financial stake. Thanks for the confirmation.

France is a backstabber, they always do that to Britain.:D

U.K. and France battle it out for Emirates jet fighter contract - UPI.com.

South Korea's fighter jet program being offered European engine
Eurojet Turbo GmbH’s chief executive said Thursday it could manufacture its EJ200 engine without U.S. components.
ByElizabeth Shim | Oct. 15, 2015 at 12:54 PM
clear.gif
1Comments
clear.gif

clear.gif

clear.gif

South-Koreas-fighter-jet-program-being-offered-European-engine.jpg

The Korean Fighter Experimental project is South Korea's plan to replace 120 older planes with new aircraft, and the program could overcome a U.S. technology ban with a European package on offer. Photo courtesy of Republic of Korea air force

SEOUL, Oct. 15 (UPI) --South Korea's indigenous fighter jet program could overcome a technology transfer issue if Seoul elects a European contractor specializing in jet engines.

Eurojet Turbo GmbH's chief executive said Thursday it could manufacture its EJ200 without U.S. components, thus enabling South Korea to export future fighter jets,Yonhap reported.

In September, Seoul's Defense Acquisition Program Administration had said the United States had barred U.S. contractor Lockheed Martin from sharing some of the technologies that include an active electronically scanned array and a radio frequency jammer.

RAF Maintenance, BF, AF, QRA, pilot walkaround, in cockpit, load.
The dispute over technology transfer issues had threatened to stall the $6.7 billion project, but strategically valuable defense technology can be banned from trade under the International Traffic in Arms Regulations, or ITAR.
Eurojet is offering Seoul a package that includes technology that can integrate a "4.5 generation" engine into the fighter jet.

"We have bundled this package in a way we can make this engine ITAR free in order to support the exportability of the KF-X program to third-party countries," said Eurojet chief executive Clemens Linden.

A British pilot checks EJ200 engines prior to getting into Typhoon
The EJ200 is the engine used in the Eurofighter Typhoon. Eurojet was co-founded by four European firms in 1986, including power systems company Rolls Royce, South Korean newspaper Kyunghyang Shinmun reported.
Lee Doherty, senior vice president of Eurojet, said, "If South Korea adopts the EJ200 engine, it can benefit from the system development, production, operation and maintenance processes that come with the product, and gain a strong competitive edge in the global market."

Linden said the EJ200 comes equipped with a condition-based maintenance feature that tells the operator when to check the modules for servicing.

The Korean Fighter Experimental project is South Korea's plan to replace 120 older planes with new aircraft developed through one of the country's biggest defense projects.

Seoul's KF-X fighter jet mulling European offer - UPI.com

When it comes to engines we are at par with the U.S if not better. S.Korea shouldn't worry we will help them power their fighter jet and make it more powerful/supersonic.:coffee:

France is a backstabber, they always do that to Britain.:D

U.K. and France battle it out for Emirates jet fighter contract - UPI.com.

Nov. 25, 2013
In January 2012, India made an initial deal to buy 126 Rafales for $10 billion, beating out the Eurofighter, although the final contract has yet to be signed.

The $10 billion dollar figure that showed up in so many news articles turned out to be a huge joke. The whole Indian MMRCA process has been a joke to start with but the calculation of L1 and the final selection of the winner takes the cake.

India is still negotiating and supposedly would be paying $9 billion dollars for 36 Rafales with zero ToT. What a waste of time and money.

Nov. 25, 2013
In January 2012, India made an initial deal to buy 126 Rafales for $10 billion, beating out the Eurofighter, although the final contract has yet to be signed.

The $10 billion dollar figure that showed up in so many news articles turned out to be a huge joke. The whole Indian MMRCA process has been a joke to start with but the calculation of L1 and the final selection of the winner takes the cake.

India is still negotiating and supposedly would be paying $9 billion dollars for 36 Rafales with zero ToT. What a waste of time and money.

Well, India thought it made a good choice by seleting Rafale instead of our Typhoons, turns out it wasnt so much a good choice afterall. However, you learn from mistakes, so hoepfully next time India will be wiser in its choice and lay down clear conditions/binding contracts for any deal it signs.:bounce:

Well, India thought it made a good choice by seleting Rafale instead of our Typhoons, turns out it wasnt so much a good choice afterall. However, you learn from mistakes, so hoepfully next time India will be wiser in its choice and lay down clear conditions/binding contracts for any deal it signs.:bounce:

People learn from honest mistakes. The same cannot be said for the intentional ones though.

@Blue Marlin Keep the good work ! :tup:

This is why i hate this our liberal 'human rights' activists/advocates. They seems to be making uslose many contracts lately. I dont even know why our leaders listens to them, especially when it comes to our interests and foreign policy. This is just madness. Let the Saudis and gulf countries treat their citizen the way they want, thats theirbusinessnot ours. We should give human rights/freedom to our own people as we are doing and let others handle their issues, not our business im afraid, esecially when it concerns our allies.

What surprisesme is how our government bends to these human rights advocates alot, meanwhile other western powers like the U.S and Franch government dont give a shit, they carry on their busiiness as usual just like it should be. No wonder France is winning more deals in the region than us lately. This stupid human rights activists we have in this country area joke. Our government listening to them is even more dumb.:hitwall: No wonder many extremists want to immigrate here, since they know we take human rights/freedom to another level as they can do what they like and their 'rights' will be protected unlike in other countries..:disagree:

You are doing a great job keeping this thread alive bro. Great pics of Typhoon. Our engineers did a great job on this fighter jet.:tup:

Not being nosy but your flags keep changing. You are a Chinese living in U.K bro or you born here?:-) Maybe we could one day meet up for a drink.:cheers:

Nobody gives a sh*t about them,they can bark as much as they want.
If they love so called human rights,let them protest for "human rights" in Saudi Arabia.

Typhoon is the best 4th generation fighter jet available in the market curently, period.:bunny:

I agree that the Typhoon is the best 4th generation fighter... Rafale is the best pre-5gen aircrafts! 8-)

The results of the swiss tender do not lie ! 8-)

Swiss_eval_NWA1_appreciations.png

France left the consortium long ago. It has no share/stake in it anymore. Its their loss. @Gabriel92 :coffee: Its led by Great Britain and Germany.

At least,when i see the result,i am proud of our French Rafale. :-)
"We cannot permit ourselves to sell aircrafts full of problems and that do not work" :chilli:

Thanks pal, appreciated.

If they love so called human rights,let them protest for "human rights" in Saudi Arabia.
at first they did not care, now its being brought up by labour in parliament.

I agree that the Typhoon is the best 4th generation fighter... Rafale is the best pre-5gen aircrafts! 8-)

i bet that table is you desktop background! just remind yourself every time you switch the computer on.
unfortunately i disagree. the typhoon is better. but not entirely. the rafale is better for ground support or bombing.
i find this site quiet neutral.
Best Fighter for Canada: Fighter Jet Fight Club: Typhoon vs Rafale

"We cannot permit ourselves to sell aircrafts full of problems and that do not work" :chilli:
dont you worry im proud of the Typhoon too.
it's the germans, they cant build proper fuselages. they find holes in their work, why do i have the feeling it's not going to be the first time. we learned our lesson. if you want something doing do it yourself. the Taranis and the type 45 show this.

flag-of-uk.gif
flag-of-uk.gif
flag-of-uk.gif
flag-of-uk.gif
flag-of-uk.gif
flag-of-uk.gif
flag-of-uk.gif

I am not ready for disclosing my private life here too much, at least not now, I can only negotiate using legitimate company email, and not do it publicly in PDF. Not only EFT but also Airbus is also handled by that company. What I mean is for Indonesian market, since the company I mention is operated in Jakarta.
sorry for sounding intrusive. seems you guys are going a good job.

LOOL Nah typhoon is better than Rafale. The swiss are going by their own considerations/parameters. Overall, the world knows Typhoon is better than the Rafale, Rafale comes second. But i agree its a close one , both are the best pre 5th generation fighters in the world, but Typhoon has a slight edge over Rafale. I agree France indeed built a great fighter considering they did it independently/alone, while Typhoon was mainly built by Great Britain and Germany.
This source is much more trusted and neutral , its from Canada:

Which is the best Fighter Jet For Canada?
Friday, June 20, 2014

Eurofighter Typhoon

Dassault Rafale
For and introduction and rule to Fighter Jet Fight Club: Click Here.

What better way to kick off Fighter Jet Fight Club than to examine two frustratingly similar aircraft? Both are twin-engined "Eurocanards" of nearly identical size, power, and performance. They even share a common origin, but France decided to leave the Eurofighter party early and make its own aircraft. Was it worth it?

Let's find out.

Air-to-Ground:
Interdiction: Both aircraft carry incredibly advance electronic warfare (EW) suites equipped with jammers, decoys, and the like. Advantage: Tie
Deep Strike: Both aircraft have similar combat radius'. They are also both capable of delivering ALCMs like the Storm Shadow, AASM, or Taurus KEPD 350. Advantage: Tie
Payload:
The Rafale can carry 21,000lbs worth of ordinance on 14 hard points. The Typhoon can only carry 16,500lbs on 9 hard points (it has 4 more dedicated strictly to BVR A2A missiles). The Rafale can even carry nukes. Advantage: Rafale, clear winner.
Close Air Support:
Oddly enough, the Typhoon will have a much better selection of low collateral damage weapons like the Brimstone and SDB (small diameter bomb). The Rafale may be equipped withBrimstone missiles or similarin the future, but nothing is solid yet. The Rafale ultimately gets the edge here, however, as itclose-coupled canarddesign makes it better a better flyer in the "low-and-slow" regime. Advantage: Rafale, but barely.
Winner: Rafale.
The Typhoon is becoming a better air-to-ground fighter with every update, but the Rafale was built to be a ground-pounder from day one. Its only real weakness in the A2G role is the lack of low collateral damage weapons like the Brimstone. This could easily be rectified.

Air-to-Air:
First look, first kill: Both aircraft have roughly the same IR and radar signature. Both are equipped with AESA radars and IRSTs. The Typhoon has a big advantage, however. Its radar is 1/3rd larger (1,500 T/R modules vs anestimated 1,000) and it ismounted on a repositioner, giving it a wider field of view. Advantage: Typhoon, clear winner.
Beyond Visual Range:
Both aircraft are capable of roughly the same speed as well as supercruise. Both are also capable of mounting the ramjet powered MBDA Meteor. Unfortunately for the Rafale, the Typhoon's better radar and two-way data-link (vs one-way for the Rafale) with said Meteor wins the day here. Advantage: Typhoon.
Within Visual Range:
Again, both aircraft are quite evenly matched. The Typhoon does have a slightly better power-to-weight ratio, slightly better wing loading, and slightly better climb rates, however. The Rafale is really let down by its lack of HMD (helmet mounted display) however, giving the HMD equipped Typhoon a much better chance at lining up a shot. Advantage: Typhoon, clear winner.
Dogfight:
Once things get down and dirty, the Rafale starts to redeem itself. The close-coupled canard design that allows it to take off from carriers gives it an advantage when both fighters have depleted their energy and missiles. The Typhoon is no slouch here, but the Rafale wins it. Advantage: Rafale.
Winner: Typhoon.
While the Rafale comes close, the Typhoon is better in almost every way. Better radar, better Meteor missile link, HMD. The only time the Rafale pilot would have an advantage would be in a slow, high angle-of-attack dogfight relying strictly on cannons. A smart Typhoon pilot would likely not get suckered into this scenario however, having the full advantage in BVR and WVR missile targeting.
Versatility/Logistics:
Versatility: While one has to applaud the increasingly capable Typhoon, the Rafale stands out as a true "Jack-of-all-trades". It is equally capable as a bomber as it is an interceptor. It even has a carrier variant. While it may not be the best aircraft at any given mission, it is hard to imagine a mission the Rafale could not do. Advantage: Rafale.
Logistics:
Both aircraft are advanced two-engined fighters with similar operating requirements. With over 400 Typhoons being flown by seven different nations, the Typhoon is the predominant non-American fighter of the western world. This has given it more flexibility when it comes to weapon selection. For example; for WVR missiles, the Typhoon has the option of mounting the ASRAAM, Sidewinder, or IRIS-T. For the Rafale, there is the choice between the MICA or the obsolete R550 Magic. While the guy down the street may curse the repair costs for his BMW or Jaguar, he can take solace in the fact that he doesn't have to do the same for a Citroen or Peugeot. Advantage: Typhoon.

Final score:
Air to ground: Typhoon 2 - Rafale 3
Air to air: Typhoon 3 - Rafale 1
Versatility/Logistics: Typhoon 1 - Rafale 1
Final Result: Typhoon 6 - Rafale 5.:yahoo:@Blue Marlin ,@Steve781

The Rafale is clearly the better air-to-ground attack aircraft. Conversely, the Typhoon is much better air-to-air.
What really makes the difference for the Typhoon, however, is its continued development and updates. Its increasing A2G capability, combined with the addition of the CAPTOR-E AESA really push it to the front. Then again, if these upgrades are cancelled, the story changes dramatically.
The Rafale would likely win this contest based on how the aircraft are equipped now. This changes somewhat when we look at the current upgrade paths for both aircraft. Unfortunately for the Rafale, its development has seemingly stagnated. While there is talk of HMDs and low-collateral-damage weapons, nothing substantial has been done yet. There are simply too many "ifs" and "maybes" when it comes to the Rafale's future capability. The Typhoon's larger investor base really makes a difference here.
If the Rafale gets a HMD and a wider weapon compatibility (something easily done, BTW), I would upgrade its WVR and logistics scores bringing it to a tie with the Typhoon. It would still come slightly behind the Typhoon in A2A combat however. The scores would be tied, but a better A2A score would be the tie-breaker needed to declare the Typhoon the winner.
Any thoughts? Disagreements? Arguments? Let me hear about it in the comment section below!

:coffee:

Thanks pal, appreciated.

at first they did not care, now its being brought up by labour in parliament.

i bet that table is you desktop background! just remind yourself every time you switch the computer on.
unfortunately i disagree. the typhoon is better. but not entirely. the rafale is better for ground support or bombing.
i find this site quiet neutral.

dont you worry im proud of the Typhoon too.
it's the germans, they cant build proper fuselages. they find holes in their work, why do i have the feeling it's not going to be the first time. we learned our lesson. if you want something doing do it yourself. the Taranis and the type 45 show this.

flag-of-uk.gif
flag-of-uk.gif
flag-of-uk.gif
flag-of-uk.gif
flag-of-uk.gif
flag-of-uk.gif
flag-of-uk.gif

sorry for sounding intrusive. seems you guys are going a good job.

ahahahahah.....we posted the same source almost same time. lol My bad.

LOOL Nah typhoonis better than Rafale. The swiss are going by their own considerations/parameters. Overall, the world knows Typhoon is better than the Rafale, Rafale comes second. But i agree its a close one , both are the best pre 5th generation fighters inthe wolrd, but Typhoon has a slight edge over Rafale. I agree France indeed built a great fighter considering they did it independently/alone, while Typhoon was mainly built by Great Britain and Germany.
This source is much more trusted and neutral , its from Canada:

Which is the best Fighter Jet For Canada?
Friday, June 20, 2014

Eurofighter Typhoon

Dassault Rafale
For and introduction and rule to Fighter Jet Fight Club: Click Here.

What better way to kick off Fighter Jet Fight Club than to examine two frustratingly similar aircraft? Both are twin-engined "Eurocanards" of nearly identical size, power, and performance. They even share a common origin, but France decided to leave the Eurofighter party early and make its own aircraft. Was it worth it?

Let's find out.

Air-to-Ground:
Interdiction: Both aircraft carry incredibly advance electronic warfare (EW) suites equipped with jammers, decoys, and the like. Advantage: Tie
Deep Strike: Both aircraft have similar combat radius'. They are also both capable of delivering ALCMs like the Storm Shadow, AASM, or Taurus KEPD 350. Advantage: Tie
Payload:
The Rafale can carry 21,000lbs worth of ordinance on 14 hard points. The Typhoon can only carry 16,500lbs on 9 hard points (it has 4 more dedicated strictly to BVR A2A missiles). The Rafale can even carry nukes. Advantage: Rafale, clear winner.
Close Air Support:
Oddly enough, the Typhoon will have a much better selection of low collateral damage weapons like the Brimstone and SDB (small diameter bomb). The Rafale may be equipped withBrimstone missiles or similarin the future, but nothing is solid yet. The Rafale ultimately gets the edge here, however, as itclose-coupled canarddesign makes it better a better flyer in the "low-and-slow" regime. Advantage: Rafale, but barely.
Winner: Rafale.
The Typhoon is becoming a better air-to-ground fighter with every update, but the Rafale was built to be a ground-pounder from day one. Its only real weakness in the A2G role is the lack of low collateral damage weapons like the Brimstone. This could easily be rectified.

Air-to-Air:
First look, first kill: Both aircraft have roughly the same IR and radar signature. Both are equipped with AESA radars and IRSTs. The Typhoon has a big advantage, however. Its radar is 1/3rd larger (1,500 T/R modules vs anestimated 1,000) and it ismounted on a repositioner, giving it a wider field of view. Advantage: Typhoon, clear winner.
Beyond Visual Range:
Both aircraft are capable of roughly the same speed as well as supercruise. Both are also capable of mounting the ramjet powered MBDA Meteor. Unfortunately for the Rafale, the Typhoon's better radar and two-way data-link (vs one-way for the Rafale) with said Meteor wins the day here. Advantage: Typhoon.
Within Visual Range:
Again, both aircraft are quite evenly matched. The Typhoon does have a slightly better power-to-weight ratio, slightly better wing loading, and slightly better climb rates, however. The Rafale is really let down by its lack of HMD (helmet mounted display) however, giving the HMD equipped Typhoon a much better chance at lining up a shot. Advantage: Typhoon, clear winner.
Dogfight:
Once things get down and dirty, the Rafale starts to redeem itself. The close-coupled canard design that allows it to take off from carriers gives it an advantage when both fighters have depleted their energy and missiles. The Typhoon is no slouch here, but the Rafale wins it. Advantage: Rafale.
Winner: Typhoon.
While the Rafale comes close, the Typhoon is better in almost every way. Better radar, better Meteor missile link, HMD. The only time the Rafale pilot would have an advantage would be in a slow, high angle-of-attack dogfight relying strictly on cannons. A smart Typhoon pilot would likely not get suckered into this scenario however, having the full advantage in BVR and WVR missile targeting.
Versatility/Logistics:
Versatility: While one has to applaud the increasingly capable Typhoon, the Rafale stands out as a true "Jack-of-all-trades". It is equally capable as a bomber as it is an interceptor. It even has a carrier variant. While it may not be the best aircraft at any given mission, it is hard to imagine a mission the Rafale could not do. Advantage: Rafale.
Logistics:
Both aircraft are advanced two-engined fighters with similar operating requirements. With over 400 Typhoons being flown by seven different nations, the Typhoon is the predominant non-American fighter of the western world. This has given it more flexibility when it comes to weapon selection. For example; for WVR missiles, the Typhoon has the option of mounting the ASRAAM, Sidewinder, or IRIS-T. For the Rafale, there is the choice between the MICA or the obsolete R550 Magic. While the guy down the street may curse the repair costs for his BMW or Jaguar, he can take solace in the fact that he doesn't have to do the same for a Citroen or Peugeot. Advantage: Typhoon.

Final score:
Air to ground: Typhoon 2 - Rafale 3
Air to air: Typhoon 3 - Rafale 1
Versatility/Logistics: Typhoon 1 - Rafale 1
Final Result: Typhoon 6 - Rafale 5.:yahoo:@Blue Marlin ,@Steve781

The Rafale is clearly the better air-to-ground attack aircraft. Conversely, the Typhoon is much better air-to-air.
What really makes the difference for the Typhoon, however, is its continued development and updates. Its increasing A2G capability, combined with the addition of the CAPTOR-E AESA really push it to the front. Then again, if these upgrades are cancelled, the story changes dramatically.
The Rafale would likely win this contest based on how the aircraft are equipped now. This changes somewhat when we look at the current upgrade paths for both aircraft. Unfortunately for the Rafale, its development has seemingly stagnated. While there is talk of HMDs and low-collateral-damage weapons, nothing substantial has been done yet. There are simply too many "ifs" and "maybes" when it comes to the Rafale's future capability. The Typhoon's larger investor base really makes a difference here.
If the Rafale gets a HMD and a wider weapon compatibility (something easily done, BTW), I would upgrade its WVR and logistics scores bringing it to a tie with the Typhoon. It would still come slightly behind the Typhoon in A2A combat however. The scores would be tied, but a better A2A score would be the tie-breaker needed to declare the Typhoon the winner.
Any thoughts? Disagreements? Arguments? Let me hear about it in the comment section below!

:coffee:

swiss-eval-nwa1.png

swiss-eval-nwa2.png

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
8-)
During shows of the air force i asked pilots and they always told me that pilots from all the world were impressed by the Rafale,but it is an expensive machine,otherwise the Rafale probably would have been sold everywhere in the world such as the Mirage ! 8-)
----------------------------------------------------------------------

"If I had to go into combat, on any mission, against anyone, I would, without question, choose the Rafale." Peter Collins.

"... Climbing to 15,000ft into the test area was flown at 350kt, full afterburner and 35° nose-up. In air-to-ground DFCS Stores Position 1 (ST1) at 350kt, mild buffet was encountered at +4.5g with 4t of fuel. In full dry power, a wind-up turn showed that the aircraft could maintain 350kt at +5.0g with just 10° of nose-down pitch ...

... Later in the sortie at the lower fuel weight of 2t and 500kt, with the DFCS Stores Position set to air-to-air, the aircraft was pulled rapidly and effortlessly through to +9g and could be held there over a significant speed range. A final level acceleration from 200-500kt in full afterburner at 5,000ft and 1.8t fuel weight can only be described as brutal, with the aircraft increasing speed at about 30kt/s and the force of acceleration hurting my spine as I was pressed backwards against the ejection seat ...

... The steady state roll rate at 350kt was 270°/s and the roll onset felt rapid but comfortable. At 450kt, the same steady-state roll rate was achieved, but the rate of roll onset was simply staggering. I have never experienced any fighter aircraft start or stop to roll so quickly ..."

"... The aircraft does feature an "anti-spin" switch but, to date, it has never been used, and even during the "spin phase" during development it proved resistant to spin even with the HUD indicated airspeed (shown in a video recording) falling to below 50kt in pro-spin manoeuvres ..."

"... The formation and tail chase evaluation was initiated by locking up the Mirage 2000 chase aircraft on the RBE2 at over 55km (30nm) and identifying him visually using the FSO TV presented on the right lateral head-down display ..."

"... The Rafale is an outstanding close-in dogfighter whenever it wants to be ..."

"... The final handling manoeuvre was to complete a low-speed loop in full afterburner starting from 170kt and maintaining 16° AoA. The loop was simple to fly and control and I used just over 2,000ft vertically to complete it ..."
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Remember al Dhafra ? 8-) @Taygibay :p:
Solenzara ? 8-)

Both aircrafts are remarquable flying machine,nobody would disagree..
But the Rafale has a sexier look if you ask me. 8-)
Marcel Dassault (RIP) said "A beautiful aircraft is an aircraft that flies well" :bunny:

swiss-eval-nwa1.png

swiss-eval-nwa2.png

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
8-)
During shows of the air force i asked pilots and they always told me that pilots from all the world were impressed by the Rafale,but it is an expensive machine,otherwise the Rafale probably would have been sold everywhere in the world such as the Mirage ! 8-)
----------------------------------------------------------------------

"If I had to go into combat, on any mission, against anyone, I would, without question, choose the Rafale." Peter Collins.

"... Climbing to 15,000ft into the test area was flown at 350kt, full afterburner and 35° nose-up. In air-to-ground DFCS Stores Position 1 (ST1) at 350kt, mild buffet was encountered at +4.5g with 4t of fuel. In full dry power, a wind-up turn showed that the aircraft could maintain 350kt at +5.0g with just 10° of nose-down pitch ...

... Later in the sortie at the lower fuel weight of 2t and 500kt, with the DFCS Stores Position set to air-to-air, the aircraft was pulled rapidly and effortlessly through to +9g and could be held there over a significant speed range. A final level acceleration from 200-500kt in full afterburner at 5,000ft and 1.8t fuel weight can only be described as brutal, with the aircraft increasing speed at about 30kt/s and the force of acceleration hurting my spine as I was pressed backwards against the ejection seat ...

... The steady state roll rate at 350kt was 270°/s and the roll onset felt rapid but comfortable. At 450kt, the same steady-state roll rate was achieved, but the rate of roll onset was simply staggering. I have never experienced any fighter aircraft start or stop to roll so quickly ..."

"... The aircraft does feature an "anti-spin" switch but, to date, it has never been used, and even during the "spin phase" during development it proved resistant to spin even with the HUD indicated airspeed (shown in a video recording) falling to below 50kt in pro-spin manoeuvres ..."

"... The formation and tail chase evaluation was initiated by locking up the Mirage 2000 chase aircraft on the RBE2 at over 55km (30nm) and identifying him visually using the FSO TV presented on the right lateral head-down display ..."

"... The Rafale is an outstanding close-in dogfighter whenever it wants to be ..."

"... The final handling manoeuvre was to complete a low-speed loop in full afterburner starting from 170kt and maintaining 16° AoA. The loop was simple to fly and control and I used just over 2,000ft vertically to complete it ..."
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Remember al Dhafra ? 8-) @Taygibay :p:
Solenzara ? 8-)

Both aircrafts are remarquable flying machine,nobody would disagree..
But the Rafale has a sexier look if you ask me. 8-)
Marcel Dassault (RIP) said "A beautiful aircraft is an aircraft that flies well" :bunny:

Well, for every foreign pilot you quote who says Rafale is the best, i can quote you 3 who says Typhoon is. So its pointless quoting what some pilots said based on their own experience in those particular cirmcustances.
Sorry but Typhoon still beats Rafale. :bunny:

Well, for every foreign pilot you quote who says Rafale is the best, i can quote you 3 who says Typhoon is. So its pointless quoting what some pilots said based on their own experience in those particular cirmcustances.
Sorry but Typhoon still beats Rafale. :bunny:
Al dhafra : 7-1 8-)
In Solenzara,a new French pilot raped the British Typhoon at 9-1.. :victory:
Even in BVR (2vs2)the advantage was to the Rafale. :bounce:
Both are excellent machine,it depends on the pilots i think! :guns:

Al dhafra : 7-1 8-)
In Solenzara,a new French pilot raped the British Typhoon at 9-1.. :victory:
Even in BVR (2vs2)the advantage was to the Rafale. :bounce:
Both are excellent machine,it depends on the pilots i think! :guns:

Well, thats bullshit.lol

Eurofighter Typhoon is the only fighter to offer wide-ranging operational capabilities whilst at the same time delivering unparalleled fleet effectiveness. 707 aircrafts have been ordered by six nations already and its in service with more countries overseas than Rafale(Oman, Austria, KSA, Kuwait). Also this is Europe’s biggest ever collaborative program(led by U.K and Germany) though with the UK being the key contributor.

W e also not the differences between both fighters, since the Rafale came into existence after a requirement for a balanced multirole aircraft, which would be able to replace seven types of combat aircraft then in use, was established. This is a major reason why what Dassault Aviation emphasizes on words like “omni role” & “multi role”.

I think the main differences between both fighter lies in the fact that Typhoon holds significantly more air to air capabilities than the Rafale since it currently has a higher performance engine with the future development and integration of the TVC (Thrust Vector Control) nozzles this is only going to get better, The Typhoon is also more maneuverable than the Rafale thanks to its aerodynamically unstable design and delta-canards.
However, Rafale on the other hand is like they say a true “omni-role” fighter it has better air to ground attack capabilities than the Typhoon and is capable of holding on its own against an other fighter.
Both these fighters are equipped with AESA (active electronically scanned array) radar’s. The Rafale is already in active duty with the French Navy while the Typhoon on the other hand is yet to do so although a plan for the development of a naval Typhoon is underway. Don't know why we didnt start building/planning about a naval version from the beginning.:hitwall:

Back
Top Bottom