Eurofighter locked on by F-16

Bratva

PDF THINK TANK: ANALYST
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
17163226975_3673255a6c_b.jpg

Photo source: Chinese Internet

In recent months, there are various reports in China regarding to a military exercise between them & Pakistan called 'Exercise Eagle'. All reports mentioned that the Chinese J-10 had a few mockup air battles againat the F-16, and as a result the J-10 were completely defeated. The above photo of a J-10 got a radar locked by a F-16 in a gun sight surfaced in Chinese Internets. It generates many questions within the country about the true performance of the J-10.

The J-10 & F-16 are almost equal in comparison, I guess it was more about the pilot training rather then the performance of the plane that produces such outcome. China never really practically engaged in an air conflict in many years (the last time was some air skirmish with Taiwan but that was ages ago), thus their pilots lack combat experience. On the other hand, although PAF is a small air force, it has been involved in a number of air wars since 1959. I read an article about a joint exercise between China & Turkey years ago that China was also defeated in mock-up air battles using their J-11. However, very different to the past it seems that China is not scare of losing and is very active in engaging exercises with foreign military in recent years. And within the China it seems they are quite open for criticism too. Opening up its military to the world will create understanding, but most importantly enhance and improve its own capabilities. More good than bad.

PLAAF J-10 locked on by PAF F-16 during 'Exercise Eagle' | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

PAF flew MLU or Blk-52? In-fact I wonder PAF is 'allowed' to field Blk-52 up against Chinese fighters during the excercises. Can somebody confirm? @Oscar

PAF flew MLU or Blk-52? In-fact I wonder PAF is 'allowed' to field Blk-52 up against Chinese fighters during the excercises. Can somebody confirm? @Oscar

I seriously doubt that. The Eagles come with stringent set of usage rules and SOPs.

Its a very doubtful picture IMHO

1. Firstly in all Chinese-Pak air exercises, F16s were not a participant. F7PG, Mirages and JF17s participated. USA has strict restrictions over it.
2. The picture doesn't prove "a lock". Its look more like just a view on one of planes HuD.
3. This could be a screen capture of HuD of any plane, may be JF17 or J10 HuD.
4. I am pretty sure it ain't a lock capture.

yeah it's an eurofighter. i had this video.but i dont know how to post it....

its not a PAF F-16 nor the the plane appear in gun sight is J-10, plz view the attached video. (video upload dated 21-06-2011)

secondly if i remember correctly non of PAF F-16 ever participated in Shaheen series of exercises b/w PAF & PLAAF (plz correct me if I amwrong)

its not a PAF F-16 nor the the plane appear in gun sight is J-10, plz view the attached video.

secondly if i remember correctly non of PAF F-16 ever participated in Shaheen series of exercises b/w PAF & PLAAF (plz correct me if I amwrong)
how did u post the video????

It's amazing how people make two abd two abd make nine.

So chinease lack training and experience.

I find that strange u disagree.

They are far better than you people Think.

Very very sucessfuk well run and managed country both economically

and military.

PAF pilots are pretty damn good..

A course mate of mine locked on a carrier based Hornet, while flying an F-7PG some years ago.....
Would you like to share the name of the F-7 PG pilot ?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom