What's new

Ethnonationalism

For 70+ year Baluch, Pukhtun, Muhajir and Sindhis showed ethanonationalism and no one was concerned but only when some Punjabis showed ethnic color, you are concerned!!
None of the mentioned used federal government to advocate for their supremacy till PTI brought Fuwwad.

r/Pashtun is a dumpster fire. It is basically like an Afghan Facebook Group, full of fake news, Gul Marjan antics, and Punjabi blaming. Coming from a Pashtun.

Nah we don't have an ethno nationalism "problem" HOWEVER there are ethno nationalistic sentiments in certain parts of the country (Chaman, Central Balochistan, ex FATA/Waziristan). Diaspora and urban youth are marrying across ethnic lines, something never thought about in the 60s. Sindhi Nationalism is more prevalent and mainstream than Pashtun nationalism.

A way to solidify it would be more federalism and provinces

Exactly. The only reason a Punjabi and a Pashtun relate to each other is because of Urdu and Islam.

Are the r/pashtun lot mainly Afghan or pakistani?

Also with sindhi nationalism isnt PPP the face of this or are there other groups?

None of the mentioned used federal government to advocate for their supremacy till PTI brought Fuwwad.
when did he spread Punjab "supremacy"? Do you even know what it means?

Most of your posts are just dumb bs

when did he spread Punjab "supremacy"? Do you even know what it means?

Most of your posts are just dumb bs

z8p9hXWS_normal.jpg

Ch Fawad Hussain

@fawadchaudhry
Today is the 180th death anniversary of #MaharajaRanjeetSingh greatest king of The Punjab, one eyed Maharaja ruled from Kabul to Delhi with billigerence, symbol of Punjabi supermacy Maharaja will be remembered for reforms in the Governance.

Also with sindhi nationalism isnt PPP the face of this or are there other groups?

PPP along with QAT and STP are federalist Sindhi ‘nationalist’ parties who work within framework of Pakistan and contest elections. They favour more autonomy.

While Jeay Sindh factions are separatists and adhere to ideology of Ghulam Murtaza Syed who also happened to be founding father of Pakistan. They don’t contest in elections as they consider Pakistan illegitimate due to which we can’t know their exact support base because it decreases and increases every time.

You can see the amount of people present in ‘Freedom rally’ of JSQM at Karachi on 23 March 2012 (literally Pakistan day).

How big if an issue is ethnonationalism in Pakistan? Recently I've seen some punjabi ethnonationalism online which is something I've never seen before so naturally it's quite concerning...
Not really a problem. most people's ethnicity is second after being Pakistani and Muslim.

How big if an issue is ethnonationalism in Pakistan? Recently I've seen some punjabi ethnonationalism online which is something I've never seen before so naturally it's quite concerning...

There is no ethno-nationalism in Pakistan anymore, but there is ethnic pride, they are two different things and need to be recognised as such.
To confuse the two would be extremely wrong and unfair.

Urdu is not my mother tongue, my ethnicity composes two Pakistani groups, I am proud of both. But, I'll be damned if anyone tries to snatch away Urdu from my identity, I'll be doubly damn if anyone chooses to point to my traditional ethnicity to attack my Pakistani identity/ethnicity. Pakistani is becoming an ethnic marker, it needs to be recognised.

Ethnicity is not created out of a vacuum, it is created over time, from shared experiences of culture, religion, traditions, and importantly a language. All of those factors are in play in Pakistan, far more then people recognise, and far more then other countries in the region. Pakistani ethnicity is here to stay.
I am happy to discuss with anyone who wishes for a reasoned discussion.

Not really a problem. most people's ethnicity is second after being Pakistani and Muslim.
Not in Sindh and Balochistan....
They switch between Islam and ethnicity but Pak is 3rd (which is ok too- India has this too but with proper democracy you can handle this)

ethnonationalism is miniscule is Pakistan, thanks to war on terror. the masses have realized the importance of staying tied to a strong, big country instead getting split into ethnonationalism.

PPP along with QAT and STP are federalist Sindhi ‘nationalist’ parties who work within framework of Pakistan and contest elections. They favour more autonomy.

While Jeay Sindh factions are separatists and adhere to ideology of Ghulam Murtaza Syed who also happened to be founding father of Pakistan. They don’t contest in elections as they consider Pakistan illegitimate due to which we can’t know their exact support base because it decreases and increases every time.

You can see the amount of people present in ‘Freedom rally’ of JSQM at Karachi on 23 March 2012 (literally Pakistan day).
ethnonationalism is miniscule is Pakistan, thanks to war on terror. the masses have realized the importance of staying tied to a strong, big country instead getting split into ethnonationalism.

Back
Top Bottom