What's new

Erdogan: Turkey to land on moon by 2023 - for the 100th year anniversary

Putting micro satellite in the Low Orbit is much more realistic to celebrate 100 years Turkey.
I am reading your posts....
Have you crossed the road by yourself yet? You seem afraid and negative

ANKARA, Turkey (AP) — Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan unveiled an ambitious 10-year space program for his country Tuesday that includes missions to the moon, sending Turkish astronauts into space and developing internationally viable satellite systems.

Erdogan announced the program, seen as part of his vision for placing Turkey in expanded regional and global role, during a live televised event laced with special effects.

“Our primary and most important goal for our national space program is the contact of the Republic, in its 100th year, with the moon,” the Turkish leader said. “God willing, we are going to the moon.”

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The question is why go to the moon if you don't wanna send astronauts up there in the first place? It is the right thing to do sending people up there. As a perfectionist myself I am allergic to half-hearted works. I appreciate this move and massive respect

Last edited:
ANKARA, Turkey (AP) — Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan unveiled an ambitious 10-year space program for his country Tuesday that includes missions to the moon, sending Turkish astronauts into space and developing internationally viable satellite systems.

Erdogan announced the program, seen as part of his vision for placing Turkey in expanded regional and global role, during a live televised event laced with special effects.

“Our primary and most important goal for our national space program is the contact of the Republic, in its 100th year, with the moon,” the Turkish leader said. “God willing, we are going to the moon.”

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The question is why go to the moon if you don't wanna send astronauts up there in the first place? It is the right thing to do sending people up there. As a perfectionist myself I am allergic to half-hearted works. I appreciate this move and massive respect
The article just say go to moon. It doesn't say, it could land on Moon in near future with rovers or manned mission. It could mean sending a probe to lunar orbit. Another crapped journalism from haters trying to misquote him.

Turkey will build some satellite and use foreign rockets (European, Japanese etc) to put that in Moon's orbit or something. That's all that can be achieved.

Turkish rocket industry is too inchoate to launch a rocket to moon by itself.

Turkey will build some satellite and use foreign rockets (European, Japanese etc) to put that in Moon's orbit or something. That's all that can be achieved.

Or Indian, American rockets. Lets be thorough.

And your expertise is in?

Or Indian, American rockets. Lets be thorough.

Well may be SpaceX. But I have a hunch it'd be Japan. Anyways, its a long time before we see any Turkish moon mission. 2023 date is symbolic mostly. Turks do that for everything lol
And your expertise is in?

Aerospace Engineering undergrad + basic common sense that you so obviously lack. Nobody goes from sounding rocket to moon mission in 2 years.

The article just say go to moon. It doesn't say, it could land on Moon in near future with rovers or manned mission. It could mean sending a probe to lunar orbit. Another crapped journalism from haters trying to misquote him.

It will be a crash-landing probe in 2023. Probe will be put on orbit by SpaceX rocket, and DeltaV rocket will push the probe towards the moon n orbit. Probe will crash on Moon, and will collect some ballistic & solar radiation data during it's mission. Probe is already being produced.

In 2028, there will be a soft-landing probe on the Moon, and this time national rocket will be used to put that probe in earth's orbit.

For more information:

Well may be SpaceX. But I have a hunch it'd be Japan. Anyways, its a long time before we see any Turkish moon mission. 2023 date is symbolic mostly. Turks do that for everything lol

Aerospace Engineering undergrad + basic common sense that you so obviously lack. Nobody goes from sounding rocket to moon mission in 2 years.
I have master in aircraft design from Cranfield and you talk nonsense.
2 years....how do you know how long they have been working on it before announcing. They are not like Indians or like you and dance before walk.
I do not belive that you are an undergraduate.

Last edited:
I have master in aircraft design from Cranfield and you talk nonsense.
2 years....how do you know how long they have been working on it before announcing. They are not like Indians like you dance before walk.
I do not belive that you are an undergraduate.
Hey , cheapshot at us. We are easily the most humble people around. Though we have 2 satellites around the moon and one around mars. We even have our debri on the moon.

Going to the moon or mars is not chellenging in this age. People are little bit behind the times and i mean the public census and how the world has grown and advanced. TURKEY will show you the way into the light.

I was not even expecting this project. But 6th and 7th generation turkish tech projects designed for the half century 2050s.

I think this project is just fun side thing for turkey to celebrate the 100th year anniversary

Hey , cheapshot at us. We are easily the most humble people around. Though we have 2 satellites around the moon and one around mars. We even have our debri on the moon.
Moon..why just the moon...you are on every planet. Vedic powered spaceships have been around b4 time began

Back
Top Bottom