What's new

Erdogan Reciting The Holy Quran Just Before The Juma Prayer In Hagia Sophia

Not just religion but also nationalism and ethnic identities will be erased in the chopping block of progressivism.
This has happened in the West, i am dumbfounded how the new generation is oblivious of their history here.

This has happened in the West, i am dumbfounded how the new generation is oblivious of their history here.

What happens in the west will come to the world trust me.

Dont be surprised when liberals and progressives in Pakistan start taring down Muhammed Ali Jinnahs tomb.

Figures of the past especially in the West are now under intense scrutiny and condemnation. Its a matter of time before it comes to Turkey and Pakistan.

A rapist is a rapist and does not have any religion or morality. We follow Islam for its message, for our own self, for the life after death, and see our Prophet SAW as the role model, not any hypocrites.
If a rapist pretends to be athiest, will people stop being athiests?? If a rapist pretends to be jew, will the jews stop being jews? If a rapist is hindu and does pooja all day long, will ppl stop being hindus? Am sure the answer is NO, then why should anyone stop following Islam because there are hypocrites among us? And if someone's emaan is so weak that they would stop following Islam because of few hypocrites then im sorry bt they were never good muslims in the first place.
I understand ur point and its somewhat valid too but instead of distancing from Islam those ppl should make themselves role models of Islam and expose the hypocrites.
Again, I agree with you but ubfortunately some people don't...

Erdogan is a grandmaster of populism. He turned Turkish ex-mosque on Turkish soil into functioning mosque and pretending he conquered Constantinople or at least some lost Turkish lands.

Why was Netanyahu invited (far left)? :lol::lol:

5f1b1673393a9.jpg

Gotta get those sweet conservative votes :) Great move by Erdoğan, I'll give him that. This will keep his voter base busy till the end of the year :-)

The Turkish folks might be lacking in Amal, but Iman is engrained deep into their heats, thanks to being the vanguards of the Muslim heartlands for the thousand years...

Reis Erdo'an has started it with the recitation of the Sura El Fatiha and the first three Ayet-i Kerim of Sura El Bakara. Others will finish it...

it's almost impossible not to be Ra'zi with Erdo'an. May Allah-u Azimushshan be Ra'zi with him...

It's like the second Fatah for Istanbul...

It may something to do with regaining the prominence of Ottomans which was been eroded to be a part of europe.

It is a cyclical path. West is in decay the youths are lost if you don't have a strong sense of morality it will be lost kind of reminded me the last days of roman empire.

Gotta get those sweet conservative votes :) Great move by Erdoğan, I'll give him that. This will keep his voter base busy till the end of the year :-)
People are dumb and I accept this fact. But it shocks me seeing that educated people fail to understand that this political move by Erdoğan won't turn the masses into AKP voters.

His ideology was never his selling point. It was the economy. If things stay the same, he can forget getting voted into the office one more time.

In this sense, turning the Aya Sofya into a mosque isn't going to help him.

People are dumb and I accept this fact. But it shocks me seeing that educated people fail to understand that this political move by Erdoğan won't turn the masses into AKP voters.

His ideology was never his selling point. It was the economy. If things stay the same, he can forget getting voted into the office one more time.

In this sense, turning the Aya Sofya into a mosque isn't going to help him.

You see, I used to believe that as well because after all, this is what the conservatives were saying for years but now we can see that those words were lies. The economy is pretty much in ruins and yet if there was an election today at least %30 would still easily vote for him simply because they like his ideology. It doesn't matter how bad the economy gets.

Erdoğan knows this very well. Just last year, Erdoğan himself was against opening Hagia Sophia as a mosque. He even scolded some of his voters saying "You won't even fill the Sultanahmet Mosque, we won't be played by these tricks". He also added in a live interview that the Turkish state was running hundreds of mosques worldwide especially in the western world and he wouldn't risk retaliation against these institutions by changing status-quo with Hagia Sophia. Only one year later, he not only reopened it as a mosque but turned this into a show by inviting his party members as VIPs for the Friday prayers :)

But of course, conservatives aren't stupid, that's why I said they will be satisfied only until the end of the year but by then I'm sure Erdoğan will find other things to keep them going until the elections.

You see, I used to believe that as well because after all, this is what the conservatives were saying for years but now we can see that those words were lies. The economy is pretty much in ruins and yet if there was an election today at least %30 would still easily vote for him simply because they like his ideology. It doesn't matter how bad the economy gets.

Erdoğan knows this very well. Just last year, Erdoğan himself was against opening Hagia Sophia as a mosque. He even scolded some of his voters saying "You won't even fill the Sultanahmet Mosque, we won't be played by these tricks". He also added in a live interview that the Turkish state was running hundreds of mosques worldwide especially in the western world and he wouldn't risk retaliation against these institutions by changing status-quo with Hagia Sophia. Only one year later, he not only reopened it as a mosque but turned this into a show by inviting his party members as VIPs for the Friday prayers :)

But of course, conservatives aren't stupid, that's why I said they will be satisfied only until the end of the year but by then I'm sure Erdoğan will find other things to keep them going until the elections.

It depends on which angle you choose to look at the ongoing events in Turkey. Of course, every party has his loyal voters who will stick with their respective party come hell or high water.

CHP has also a very partisan voter base.

But I'd like to remind you that AKP was once on the brink of mobilizing almost 60% of the Turkish electorate.These days are gone. They lost half of their support in our society and are dependent on a partner, hence, the coalition with MHP.

I'm in contact with AKP voters and believe me, you can almost see how uncomfortable they are with the current situation.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom