What's new

Erdogan Reciting The Holy Quran Just Before The Juma Prayer In Hagia Sophia

There's a somewhat famous speech here in Turkey. It says "Islam is not the religion of most Turks; it is actually the Anatolian religion covered as Islam" meaning they tend to act like a Muslim or think that they're Muslim but sometimes their actions are the complete opposite of what Islam demmands. I'm not trying to generalize this but most AKP supporters commits sins and still pray(!) 5 times a day so after seeing them people here stsrted to backslide from Islam and stopped going to mosques on Fridays or pray 5 times a day. In this case some people tend to see Erdogan or Ataturk or someone else as some kind of a God and still act like a Muslim. Which is also called as "Political Islam" by some peoplw in here. Because of this, the Z generation and other people have started to feel be alienated from Islam

It all depends on upbringing of the new generation. You have a valid point, people that pray should not do sins but people that pray 5 times a day are not super humans, they r like all others, infact shaitan works harder on them. Do u think people who do sins and also do not pray are better than those who do sins but do pray too? The one praying is atleast trying to reach Allah and maybe one day he will stop doing sins and fear of Allah will be strong, but the one not praying has no guidance. Prayers is something personal and should not be used to judge a person.

This was an important moment indeed and made most people proud. I am one of them. On the other side we have a mostly careless young generation which doesn't care about religion, history, culture etc. thanks to increasing uncontrolled internet and social media usage. Psychologically, teenagers tend to apply all kind of mainstream trends, opinions despite some members here rejects. And now the trend is bashing our history. There is a Ataturk vs Erdoğan ( Seculars vs Conservatives ) trend ongoing. The concept in their minds are concrete and accepts no challenge. If you are an Erdoğan supporter automatically makes you an anti-Atatürk or if you love Atatürk then you are an atheist secular. This leads us to be even deeper diversified nation. Twitter is full of such conversations. This situation worries me even if I know that majority of us know that both Ottomans and Ataturk is part of our history.

The Tayyip followers are usually uneducated. All those engineers of Aselsan and TUBITAK etc. they're not exactly Tayyip voters. That's something the PDF cheerleaders forget.

Those ones.. they don't pray.

Wow...how professional.
He can be the Imam of Ayasofya after he retires:partay:

It all depends on upbringing of the new generation. You have a valid point, people that pray should not do sins but people that pray 5 times a day are not super humans, they r like all others, infact shaitan works harder on them. Do u think people who do sins and also do not pray are better than those who do sins but do pray too? The one praying is atleast trying to reach Allah and maybe one day he will stop doing sins and fear of Allah will be strong, but the one not praying has no guidance. Prayers is something personal and should not be used to judge a person.
No I mean they rape children but pray 5 times a day and publicize themselves for being a good muslim. Thanks to that sons of bitches people here started to backslide from Islam unfortumately

MashaAllah good to see, say whatever you want about the decision but I don't think there is a Muslim leader out there who would have done the same. It takes courage ... Am glad we have one hero who backs the Muslims with action and not just words.

May Allah given iman to our Muslim leaders.

God bless him , also another leaders do the same

05216309-9a6e-4465-9ad4-1f4ff83c37be.jpg

337163_0.jpg

ETBMBYKWkAIyF_5.jpg

47-121257-satellite-2-_700x400.jpeg

No I mean they rape children but pray 5 times a day and publicize themselves for being a good muslim. Thanks to that sons of bitches people here started to backslide from Islam unfortumately

A rapist is a rapist and does not have any religion or morality. We follow Islam for its message, for our own self, for the life after death, and see our Prophet SAW as the role model, not any hypocrites.
If a rapist pretends to be athiest, will people stop being athiests?? If a rapist pretends to be jew, will the jews stop being jews? If a rapist is hindu and does pooja all day long, will ppl stop being hindus? Am sure the answer is NO, then why should anyone stop following Islam because there are hypocrites among us? And if someone's emaan is so weak that they would stop following Islam because of few hypocrites then im sorry bt they were never good muslims in the first place.
I understand ur point and its somewhat valid too but instead of distancing from Islam those ppl should make themselves role models of Islam and expose the hypocrites.

There's a somewhat famous speech here in Turkey. It says "Islam is not the religion of most Turks; it is actually the Anatolian religion covered as Islam" meaning they tend to act like a Muslim or think that they're Muslim but sometimes their actions are the complete opposite of what Islam demmands. I'm not trying to generalize this but most AKP supporters commits sins and still pray(!) 5 times a day so after seeing them people here stsrted to backslide from Islam and stopped going to mosques on Fridays or pray 5 times a day. In this case some people tend to see Erdogan or Ataturk or someone else as some kind of a God and still act like a Muslim. Which is also called as "Political Islam" by some peoplw in here. Because of this, the Z generation and other people have started to feel be alienated from Islam

As Turkey develops the young generation leaves religion.

This is a global trend to be honest. Erdogan has no control over it. Lots of young people are leaving religion at a fast rate.

As a Muslim it makes me sad. In this modern world, religion is being discarded.

But Umar Ibn Al Khattab a noble Sahaba once said that Islam will be destroyed by the mistakes of scholars and the hypocrites who use the Quran and misintpret it for their misleading views.

As if the people in the past have warned us but we ignored it.

Yet there is a difference.

Erdogan built his legacy on himself. Ataturk built his legacy on ideas and principles. The moment Erdogan loses, Turkey will be very different, disappointing our Pakistani friends.
Good Old Succession problem. Me and my cousins were discussing this sometime back, w.r.t strong leaders of today.

This is a global trend to be honest. Erdogan has no control over it. Lots of young people are leaving religion at a fast rate.
People can correct me if i am wrong but the trend in Pakistan has been the opposite these last few years. At least in my experience.

The Tayyip followers are usually uneducated.
When we point one finger at others the remaining three point towards ourselves.
As Turkey develops the young generation leaves religion.
There is a point in life when one is care free and non religious, as we grow older we become more wiser and God fearing.

There is a point in life when one is care free and non religious, as we grow older we become more wiser and God fearing.
What he said is not an assumption. It is backed with surveys. New generation is distancing themselves from religion and the religious youth in Turkey are different from their fathers. They tend to be more tolerant and accepting against different life styles, beliefs, etc...

They tend to be more tolerant and accepting against different life styles, beliefs, etc...
Being tolerant is good, i think Turkish educational system might need some revamping. The West will love to play with youth via the SM, a concern that matters us all.

When we point one finger at others the remaining three point towards ourselves.

People get older they do come to religion it depends.

We may be the last generation to hold religious, cultural and traditional views. Its slowly eroding all in the name of progress.

Not just religion but also nationalism and ethnic identities will be erased in the chopping block of progressivism.

Back
Top Bottom