What's new

England's IPL players advised Not to go to India !

Kompromat

ADMINISTRATOR
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
England's IPL players advised not to go to India
The eight players with Indian Premier League deals have asked for a set of security demands to be met before committing to play in this year's tournament.

By Nick Hoult
Published: 5:36PM GMT 23 Feb 2010

The Professional Cricketers' Association on Tuesday shared its security report with the players and advised them not to travel to India for the tournament, which starts on March 12.

It is believed the PCA is happy with the plans put in place by the IPL's security firm but wants to see proof that they can be implemented on the ground by the myriad Indian government agencies that will be involved in ensuring the players' safety across 12 cities.

A PCA spokesman told The Daily Telegraph: "We have passed on our security advice to the players and we are continuing to consult with them. However, at the moment that advice is not to travel to India.

"That advice is from our trusted advisers and is likely to be followed but we are working around the clock to see if that advice can be changed by measures implemented by the IPL and their security advisers."

The Australian Cricketers' Association confirmed it had also sent a list of security demands to the IPL organisers. So far the IPL has refused to recognise player unions and it remains to be seen if that stance will soften.

Lalit Modi, the IPL chairman, reconfirmed that security was the league's top issue and talks are ongoing with the Indian government. But he also stated that the tournament would be held in India and would go ahead even if there was a mass withdrawal of overseas players. "This is an Indian tournament; we have the key Indian players and only a few international players," he said.

England's IPL players advised not to go to India - Telegraph

yes even the Australians are crying to convince Lalit Modi to hold this IPL abroad

but Lalit Modi has refused to go abroad this time but many English teams are requesting Lalit Modi to play abroad due to security concerns

Aussies are just looking for an excuse to Pull out of the IPL.

Thanks.

it would be really interesting in both ways, whether the english and aussies and the proteas pull out or not. if they dont it will just show their greedy nature because in pakistan they cant play for security reasons but in india after the pune blast they are risking their security to play just for the money. if they do then it will be a huge blow for indian IPL. the third opinion is that IPL will be shifted to another country. lets see what happens..

i think in both cases pakistan will be happy i hope that they keep refusing to play and let india taste their own medicine i hope PCB also do something this time to isolate BCCI as they done with us what happend with srilankan team and from shiv sinha group australian team has threats too

it would be really interesting in both ways, whether the english and aussies and the proteas pull out or not. if they dont it will just show their greedy nature because in pakistan they cant play for security reasons but in india after the pune blast they are risking their security to play just for the money.

No sane person will compare the security condition in India with that in Pakistan. In pakistan these days, a blast killing 4-5 people is listed in the subsections of Dawn.com.. doesnt even rate as a headline news.. try comparing terror incidents in India vs Pakistan in last 2-3 months and you will get a fair idea of the difference.

i think in both cases pakistan will be happy i hope that they keep refusing to play and let india taste their own medicine i hope PCB also do something this time to isolate BCCI as they done with us what happend with srilankan team and from shiv sinha group australian team has threats too

Pipe dreams.. PCB niether has the clout nor the financial muscle to attempt something like this..

Lalit Modi sums it up pretty well...

Lalit Modi threatens to axe players who opt out of IPL

Lalit Modi has warned any player who opts out of this year's Indian Premier League because of security concerns risks their future in the tournament.

A number of players, particularly from Australia, have offered concerns raised by a report into security at the event.

But, on a series of Twitter messages, the IPL commissioner insisted the government has already given ample assurances for safe conduct of games.

He said players who chose not to show up would risk not being in future IPLs.

Modi added: "The call will be theirs. We will allow replacements for those who decide not to show up. We have 98 players on the waiting list eager to get called in.

"The IPL is for India and will remain for India. No one can dictate to us how we should conduct our tournaments."

Modi also went so far as to post: "Been told (Australia captain) Ricky Ponting (is) pressuring players not to come.''

BBC Sport - Cricket - Lalit Modi threatens to axe players who opt out of IPL

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

If they don't want to come... don't. Indian money will be used to support Indian talent.

But unfortunately, there are some greedy ones who say-

[Indian] money makes it a risk worth taking

Will these English and Aussie players take the risk? Wait and watch.

Last edited:

I don't want to be rude, but how exactly does PCB plan to isolate the BCCI?

Maybe PCB is planning to organize something on the lines of Pakistan Premier League where matches will be held in the infamous Gaddafi Lahore Stadium and international players will be given millions of dollars in the form of IMF bonds.

:lol:

no we will host it in sharjah where BCCI paints get wet very soon BCCi cry when their are matches in shrjah

no we will host it in sharjah where BCCI paints get wet very soon BCCi cry when their are matches in shrjah

Maybe PCB is expecting UAE government to fund the event too?

I'm saying this because money is not going to fall from the sky. Oh! I forgot, it does as long as you know how to blackmail Uncle Sam. :lol:

Last edited:
we can manage money not your bussiness how we run it why you are crying now uncle sam is your partner not our anymore you blackmailling now them to counter china

we can manage money not your bussiness how we run it why you are crying now uncle sam is your partner not our anymore you blackmailling now them to counter china

OK Mr. Falcon.

I'm actually quite excited and looking forward to this Pakistan Premier League in Sharjah.

:pop:

Let me know when PCB organizes it. :rolleyes:

you will know it by yourself rightnow you should go to australia and england and beg them for play in india

Maybe PCB is expecting UAE government to fund the event too?

I'm saying this because money is not going to fall from the sky. Oh! I forgot, it does as long as you know how to blackmail Uncle Sam. :lol:

Nice troll.Ur gifted natural born troll.Why dont u feed 75% indians living on ;ess then 2$ a day?

Back
Top Bottom