What's new

Engineer to show demo of car that runs on water in Abu Dhabi

I have serious doubts on Pakistani PhD - many are just clowns.
Don't take any claim from Pakistan on its face value. Doing PhD has become so easy in Pakistan that every tom, dick, harry and aunty is doing it. I used to hate a class mate, she wasnt the brightest student through out the school life but guess what even she has now done a PhD from Karachi university.
Actually I think they have taken strict measure. I mean sending the thesis to be checked by two FOREIGN REVIEWERS and using plagiarism software to check copying. This is great step. Even in India, it doesn't happen at most of the place. May be these measures can improve your PhD students.

In Uttar Pradesh, a state in India, one must have atleast 5 research papers in peer reviewed International journals with decent impact factor. Then only their thesis is being considered.

For Masters, I had to publish 2 research papers in such journals so that my thesis should be considered. Still the defense committee can raise question and ask for more changes.

Its the problem with society not scientists. I am sure there are many good scientists in pakistan who are itching to talk against it, but either media is going with the flow (or they are afraid of consequence).
After the abu dhabi trial, media mood may change, and suddenly the stupid engineer may become enemy of the state.
Yup, the way they treated Veena Malik for her part in Big Brother, this engineer should get much more hate. Atleast She didn't make Pakistan a subject of mockery in the entire world. Serious punishment should be given to him to check any future baseless claims that may emerge.

^^^ I dont think we are really any better in research our govt owned research labs are a shame.
I am a layman of course, dont have the insider view.

^^^ I dont think we are really any better in research our govt owned research labs are a shame.
Go to IITs, IISC, ISI (Indian Statistical Institute), TIFR and few of the DRDO labs. You will see the level of research done in India. Telling you from personal experience. Getting a PhD from IISC and TIFR is much more difficult than any other institute in India. Its about lack of funds that doesn't allow to do more cutt.ing edge research.

Go to IITs, IISC, ISI (Indian Statistical Institute), TIFR and few of the DRDO labs. You will see the level of research done in India. Telling you from personal experience. Getting a PhD from IISC and TIFR is much more difficult than any other institute in India. Its about lack of funds that doesn't allow to do more cutt.ing edge research.

Whatever happened to this guy?

It was reported that his invention would be mass produced and commercialized within three months. It's almost half a year now.

Any news? Also, his Wikipedia page isn't up to date.

Did the oil mafia finally get to him? :D

Bozo if you are actually well versed in physics you would acknowledge that a car can even be run by burning wood. Why jump,to conclusions? Let the man prove himself amongst the scientific community, and if he wrong then he is wrong.

Yes that is possible and impractical. But this idea, you can't seriously believe has any bearing with reality can you?

I mean the closest thing I can think of is the hydrogen fuel cell prototypes which run only on hydrogen, and its only waste product is pure H2O. Even that is so farfetched to implement because storage of hydrogen is incredibly difficult and expensive to be economical on a large scale.

But this guy I believe is claiming you can just pour water into the tank like petrol and it will run? All the scientists working on solar cars, hydrogen fuel cell cars in Germany, Switzerland, Japan etc are not even close to discovering this, as far as I know no one is even attempting because it is so absurd. What did they overlook that this guy did not? Moreover, why is the rest of the world and scientific community not investigating, reporting or following this?

Patriotism and optimism are not bad things (at least the latter not so), but logic, basic common sense should never be discarded.

Whatever happened to this guy?

It was reported that his invention would be mass produced and commercialized within three months. It's almost half a year now.

Any news? Also, his Wikipedia page isn't up to date.

Did the oil mafia finally get to him? :D

Zardari tribe is already victimizing the person, he has already been jailed and God knows what else.

Some one, who want Agha to be targeted is really afraid of his work!

I see lot of aggression coming from BJP hindus.. why? Does hindus and Zardari's victimization have connection?

It will require more energy to electrolyze water than the amount of energy that can be recovered by burning the produced gases.then there is risk of explosion as hydrogen and oxygen mixture is very much explosive in nature

Zardari tribe is already victimizing the person, he has already been jailed and God knows what else.

Some one, who want Agha to be targeted is really afraid of his work!

I see lot of aggression coming from BJP hindus.. why? Does hindus and Zardari's victimization have connection?

Is this a fancy way of saying he did not deliver on his promise and made a fool of a lot of people? :D

Back
Top Bottom