3) Imported coal
4) Local Coal
5) Gas
6) Solar
7) wind
8) hydel
9) Nuclear
10) and Bagass

Over the weekend we friends had nothing to do... load shedding was at its peak hence we enjoyed a long bath + sports at my Tubewell... :) doing nothing but building castles after castles in the air on how things can improve for the country and what are the projects which are of utmost importance hence needed to be taken up asap... no one amongst us knew the cost for all 10 above hence would appreciate if someone can provide the details.

I remember few. Hydro just Rs 1.5 per unit, Furnace oil Rs 21, Coal Rs 8-9, Nuclear 8-9, Solar 15.

Hydro power is by far cheapest source of energy.

1320mw Tarbela extension IV by end of 2017, and Sahiwal is also two power plants so total 1320mw. I am pretty sure i am missing few yet.

But will this be enough? Demand will keep increasing and Pakistan need to pass out electricity generated by oil.

Good point.

It will not be "enough" until we install 40,000 mw nuclear plants.

Until then, we'll live with loadshedding.

However in 2017, number of off hours will be down to 5 to 6 in 24 hours period.

How about they worry about the ones already declared completed to the public.

Good point.

It will not be "enough" until we install 40,000 mw nuclear plants.

Until then, we'll live with loadshedding.

However in 2017, number of off hours will be down to 5 to 6 in 24 hours period.

And plus in 2017 electricity over all will be a lot more cheaper.

Not sure if the rates will come down significantly. perhaps a paisa or two.

At least GoP will not loss $4-5 billion every year. With Furnance oil it cost GoP Rs 21 per unit. With coal it will be down to 8-9. Not to forget 969mw Neelam Jhelum dam which will be completed by end of 2016. Tarbela extension 4 1320mw by 2017.

If Pakistan can pass out bijli generated by oil then billions of dollars will be saved which mean bigger budget for actual development work.

As the commitment made to IMF to reduce energy subsidies is implemented gradually, the rates can only go one way: up and up.

hydro power will allow gov to keep the rate at decent levels.

But yes, rates are here to increase in the long run.

Anybody got any idea from where i can get a hybrid (ongrid/grid tie + battery bank) solar inverter... i have searched the market for months now and all i can find is infini brand...

p.s. posted here as i did not want to start a new thread for this

Back
Top Bottom