What's new

Emirates Airlines imposes lifetime ban on Qadri: report

It has all the authority to deny someone access to it's services.

If you can prove to the contrary, that would be much appreciated.

First provide the International or UAE or UAE Airline source than we talk on this...

If this was for security in Islamabad, then the government had no choice.

The fact is Tahir ul Qadri never planned to come to Islamabad.

His Plan was to go from Pindi to Lahore via GT Road making stops at Towns in between.

That is what scared Noora Brigade.... :p:

Emirates to seek damages over Qadri episode
By Zulqernain Tahir

LAHORE: The Emirates airline plans to file a suit over the damages caused to its reputation by the enforced diversion of its plane carrying Dr Tahirul Qadri on Monday.

Official sources told Dawn that the airline had told the Civil Aviation Authority that it had been upset by the diversion of its flight EK-612 Dubai-Islamabad to Lahore, causing a great deal of inconvenience to passengers on the plane and those waiting at the airport to fly to Dubai.

The plane was scheduled to reach Islamabad at 8am on Monday and return to Dubai at 9.30am after picking passengers.

But the government did not allow the aircraft to land at Islamabad to foil Dr Qadri’s plan to go to Lahore by road to demonstrate his political strength.

“The Emirates pilots were shocked to receive the ‘order’ to take the plane to Lahore because there was no issue of weather or airport occupancy,” sources said.

Because of the diversion of the plane, it missed its scheduled departure to Dubai from Islamabad.

After it left for Islamabad in the evening, the Emirates administration informed the CAA that it intended to file for damages.

The sources said the airline was also considering to “blacklist” Dr Qadri.

“An airliner blacklists a person who puts the lives of other passengers in jeopardy or causes them inconvenience by his action,” a CAA official said.

The PIA blacklisted some 10 people for their behaviour leading to diversion of its flight from Manchester to Stansted Airport last year.

The official said he believed that the Emirates would not consider suspending its flight operation to Pakistan because it had good business here.

However, CAA spokesperson Abid Kaimkhani said he was not aware of any warning by the Emirates. “The airline might have contacted the local (Lahore-based) administration of the CAA. But I have no knowledge of it,” he said.

Published in Dawn, June 24th, 2014

Good. A more stern action should have been taken. He hijacked a plane and made it stay there for 6 hours till his demands were not met. What the difference between him and a terrorist? The best part of the story is he first says he wont go with the current govt and only army and after army completely ignores him a complete insult and embarrassment he then finally surrenders to the governor punjab who was sent there by the PM to take control and left with the govt. A failed attempt that not only made him look like a terrorist but it also greatly embarrassed the nation in front of the world.

Diverting a plane is an issue without a doubt but hijacking it for 6 hours is a much much more serious offense. I hope that this guys stays black listed and hopefully other flights do the same with him.

This he will stay here forever is a drama. Probably a month later when the army doesnt even look at him he will go back. Muk mukka 2.0

Har aira ghaira nathoo khaira Pakistan ko baap ki jageer samajhta hai. These revolution kinds are the worst. They break every rule, put people through miseries to stoke their egos.
I wish GOP grows a pair and cracks down on this idiot. Arrest him, arrest his supporters and put them behind bars.

WE DO NOT NEED YOUR REVOLUTION!!

hahaha utterly pure and fake news. PMLN goons can have wet dreams for tonight after reading fake news. hahahaha. Pathetic losers.
Chal ab Has. Shabash has kay dikha mere munnay, tere abbay par ban laga diya hai. Chal ab has.

Qadri receives lifetime ban from Emirates

I hope all airlines will impose a ban on him once he's gone, so he won't be able to come back again.. :pissed:
I am very happy to see that coming from you. I am glad not all PTI supporters are with this Padri. We may all have political differences but at the end of the day, we are all pakistanis. We will never tolerate a foreigner coming to Pakistan and labelling himself as a beacon of peace and calling himself a massiah to create unrest and fool our people.

Shouldn't blame him, why plane diverted to Lahore airport, blame the govt. Qadri is correct in civil court, he paid the ticket for Rawalpindi and landed in Lahore, its injustice. What's big deal, Islamabad airport is in Rawalpindi. In Rawalpindi PMLn has good hold and plus Police is in their full control .Qadri should sue the Airline .
Unfortunately , at the end of day , PMLn act like regional party rather then national party. Qadri saheb is also little baby without proper mandate ...

I hope all airlines will impose a ban on him once he's gone, so he won't be able to come back again.. :pissed:

if one airline does it so will others, he will be deemed as flight risk. but thats a bad news now he will stay in Pakistan permanently

if one airline does it so will others, he will be deemed as flight risk. but thats a bad news now he will stay in Pakistan permanently
He will hire a private jet. He has millions of dollars from all the zakat khori he has done. His emirates ticket for first class cost him 17,000 dollars. He can easily afford a private jet for 80,000 dollars

He will hire a private jet. He has millions of dollars from all the zakat khori he has done. His emirates ticket for first class cost him 17,000 dollars. He can easily afford a private jet for 80,000 dollars

which first class costs 17000 dollars, and what private jet you can hire for 80,000, from Canada to Pakistan!

If I sounded stupid in my ground breaking news, you sound maha stupid on this one :)
tum bhi kisi pe qarz ne rehney detey :)

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom