What's new

Emergency Imposed!

Vote about Emergency Imposed!

• I support it. I am done with CJ, political instability, Benazir.

Votes: 36 54.5%
  • I condemn it. Musharraf needs to step down, and elect as a RETIRED General.

Votes: 30 45.5%

• Total voters
Sorry I know I sound pathetic but have a three weeks vacations and was looking forward to the one dayers with two of my friends. If Gen M is smart that he should allow it to go on and that will keep the protestors of the street.

Regards

Protesters ????

Which protesters :)

Well dear the Pakistanis have now become sensble enough not to come to streets and die for Pathatic Bhagora politicians. Nor they are affected by this development in anyway.

Benazir flying back to Pakistan from Dubai: Zardari

ISLAMABAD (updated on: November 03, 2007, 19:54 PST): Former prime minister Benazir Bhutto boarded a flight back to Pakistan from Dubai on Saturday, her husband said, after President Pervez Musharraf invoked emergency powers and suspended the country's constitution.

"(She's flying back) tonight, yes of course," Bhutto's husband Asif Ali Zardari told Reuters by telephone from Dubai, saying she was already on the plane.

"It's definitely not pleasant news, it's not welcome news," he added. "We're hoping to build institutions, not destroy them.

Business Recorder [Pakistan's First Financial Daily]

Internt is well intact :)

Anyways

Just 20 mnts back my newspaper and all others recieved the official Announcement by Government of Pakistan through a press release that President Musharraf has imposed emergency.

Update

Aitezaz Ihsan arrested under 3 MPO and sent to Adiala Jail

Pakistan emergency order blames militancy, judiciary

ISLAMABAD (AFP) — President Pervez Musharraf blamed a wave of Islamic militancy and "interference" by Pakistan's judiciary for the imposition of emergency rule, according to a copy of the order obtained by AFP.

The order says that there had been a "visible ascendancy in the activities of extremists and incidents of terrorist attacks."

"Some members of the judiciary are working at cross purposes with the executive and legislature in the fight against terrorism and extremism, thereby weakening the government and the nation's resolve and diluting the efficacy of its action to control this menace," it added.

It said a "situation has thus arisen where the government of the country cannot be carried on in accordance with the constitution, and as the constitution provides no solution for the situation, there is no way out except through emergent and extraordinary measures."

Musharraf declares emergency in Pakistan amid mounting terrorist violence and political turmoil - Benazir leaves for Dubai

November 3, 2007, 5:03 PM (GMT+02:00)

Paratroops troops have blocked road to Supreme Court which has rejected the president’s declaration of emergency. Troops are also posted at state TV and radio. The Chief Justice has been dismissed and the constitution suspended shortly before a supreme court ruling was due on the eligibility of Musharraf’s run for president while remaining army chief. Musharraf blames the crisis on Islamic militancy and judicial interference. The president of the supreme court bar has meanwhile been arrested.

DEBKAfile adds: Washington warned the Pakistan president against declaring an emergency and the effective imposition of martial law. This development is a severe setback for the Bush administration which encouraged ex-prime minister Benazir Bhutto’s return to Pakistan to lead her party in parliamentary elections in January in a power-sharing arrangement with Musharraf.

She left the country for Dubai days after her homecoming, although her husband says she is on her way back.

Muslim extremists, elements of the Pakistan Army and intelligence have led the opposition to her return. Bhutto’s arrival was accompanied by a massive terrorist bombing which killed 180 people in Karachi and was the catalyst for further political turmoil in Islamabad, at a time when pro-Taliban and al Qaeda forces are spreading out of the tribal regions and inflicting punishment on Pakistan troops in wider parts of Pakistan, like the Swat Valley in the extreme north. The crisis was further complicated by the expectation of a supreme court decision disqualifying Musharref for the presidency despite his sweeping victory. He is due to address the nation later.

I dont know why the T.V. channels are on the air now. Every now and then i will have to listen to these idiots about how Amerika is involved in this, and how bad this military dictator is. Did you guys read the document of the Supreme court which it issued, i am all for this emergency... Benazir knew it coming, hence ran away.

Geo is on in the United States.. Live.. :D

I dont know why the T.V. channels are on the air now. Every now and then i will have to listen to these idiots about how Amerika is involved in this, and how bad this military dictator is. Did you guys read the document of the Supreme court which it issued, i am all for this emergency... Benazir knew it coming, hence ran away.
Me too, this is the only way to keep the mouths of these idiots shut. Who dont know what they are talking.

Regards
Wilco

CJ was doing his job honestly but he was the eyesore of mushy.

All private TV Channels are on air now

He had political tilt and all know that. The lingering of verdict in President election was also part of this tilt some analysist believe.

Bhutto has announced she will not return to Pakistan from Dubai after President Pervez Musharraf declared a state of emergency.

Yep, she knew he was gonna declare it...

Indian Media says that President is supposed to address the nation by 11 PM Pakistan Time

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom