What's new

Embraer KC-390 Completes Certificate as In-Flight Refueling Receiver

I think the PAF thought about it, and probably tried to get a solution. However, I wouldn't underestimate the negative impact FATF has on our ability to buy things. For example, it makes getting banks to guarantee our government-to-government trades much harder, never mind getting financing.

I honestly believe if not for FATF, we might have ordered Eurofighter Typhoons back in 2015. Not only that, but like Egypt, we'd be talking about building a fleet of 72 Typhoons by 2030. I'm not kidding. The "isolation" is quite real, it's only us forum jocks making fun of the Indians, but the Indians are having the real laugh.

@SQ8
In essence makes it much harder to secure financing from nations other than China and Turkey?

From what I gather the PAF isn't super excited about either the Y8 or the IL78 as an aircraft - with regards to flight characteristics and ease of maintenance and flying. I think the IL78 is primarily serving the heavy lifter role.

So who knows if PAF stumbles upon some extra cash we may look into this. I wonder if it can handle a rotodome.

Perhaps Embraer 190 as a tanker, to have more commonality with the naval MPA. It could also be a great platform for a future EW platform (such as if Pakistan goes for the Turkish Havasoj) as well as a future AWACS. This can also be part of an effort to build up PIA around the embraer for the short and medium haul flights. A size just large enough that it might fly full most of the time and perhaps allow PIA to offer multiple flights a day to meet connections from larger hub airports at Karachi, Lahore and Islamabad, allowing PIA to win back market share from the Gulf carriers.

In essence makes it much harder to secure financing from nations other than China and Turkey?
China and Turkey are the only ones making concessions for us.

The Chinese don't care, so their financing mechanisms will play ball as long as we buy Chinese.

The Turks literally built mechanisms from scratch to accommodate us.

For example, the Turkish gov't actually put money aside from its national budget to back our T129 deal. It was out of courtesy for us. They'd pay for the production, and we'd pay only when we take delivery. Since the delivery hasn't happened (due to the US), we're not on the hook for anything, but rather, the Turkish gov't is taking the hit.

We really dropped the ball on our foreign relations. In the late 1970s, the US declined to offer us the F-16, but it said it will get us 3rd party financing to buy Mirage 2000s from France. This was when everyone and their mother knew we were developing nuclear weapons. We went from that level of respect to whatever the heck we're now.
Perhaps Embraer 190 as a tanker, to have more commonality with the naval MPA. It could also be a great platform for a future EW platform (such as if Pakistan goes for the Turkish Havasoj) as well as a future AWACS. This can also be part of an effort to build up PIA around the embraer for the short and medium haul flights. A size just large enough that it might fly full most of the time and perhaps allow PIA to offer multiple flights a day to meet connections from larger hub airports at Karachi, Lahore and Islamabad, allowing PIA to win back market share from the Gulf carriers.
Maybe ... E190-E2 for the LRMPA and AEW&C roles, and the KC-390 for air-lift and AAR?

The Chinese don't care, so their financing mechanisms will play ball as long as we buy Chinese.

For example, the Turkish gov't actually put money aside from its national budget to back our T129 deal. It was out of courtesy for us. They'd pay for the production, and we'd pay only when we take delivery. Since the delivery hasn't happened (due to the US), we're not on the hook for anything, but rather, the Turkish gov't is taking the hit.

We really dropped the ball on our foreign relations. In the late 1970s, the US declined to offer us the F-16, but it said it will get us 3rd party financing to buy Mirage 2000s from France. This was when everyone and their mother knew we were developing nuclear weapons. We went from that level of respect to whatever the heck we're now.

Maybe ... E190-E2 for the LRMPA and AEW&C roles, and the KC-390 for air-lift and AAR?
I blame the brain drain and rise of the paindoo to positions of power.

In your opinion hypothetically if we pay in full for 36 F16s what will happen repeat of soybeans or will we get em delivered?

I blame the brain drain and rise of the paindoo to positions of power.

In your opinion hypothetically if we pay in full for 36 F16s what will happen repeat of soybeans or will we get em delivered?
We wouldn't trust the US with our money, not without CSF/FMF in the picture anyways.

The only way we'd trust the US is if the US gov't tells a US bank to give us financing. We'll pay the loan for as long as we get the F-16s. The moment we don't, we stop paying.

agreed, KC-390 maybe more suited for the air lift and aerial refueling role. Also, A couple of dedicated VIP transport (with proper defenses) based on the E-190-E2 should also be looked at.

Back
Top Bottom