What's new

Elon Musk asks Trump to kill American auto companies in China

Apple has all the market it needs in China.

The specific question is why Chinese phones, and only Chinese phones?

There is not a single evidence that Huawei's current phone lineup has any spying capability that is against the US law. No evidence.

Any electrical products from China can have added "spy" capability. Why not ban all of them?

If you talk about "equal/same...opportunity" then I could also argue that the state right now is not equal and China has to ban Apple in return to make this equal. This is clearly not productive, and frankly, a shitty argument.
They have their "proof"...
As for Apple... they didn't have that right in the beginning...later on they did...but at first...it was the same excuse given by China that Us is given right now "For Security reasons"

And no need to fall in being the oppressed here...Since China is one of the most "Restricted market" in the world...
As a Foreign investors you can't do a lot... YOu can't own anything... Selling in Chinese market mean to give more than half of your rights and assets in the country...Unfair trade and so on...

No need to cry... US and EU were pointing out such problems toward China for years... And yet... they didn't took actions against it..;since they were "Politics" involved... But now...Taking into account their Economical problems...Most don't care to step up and use their "Protectionist" card to answer back...

It's Fair. Either you play like me or you don't... But don't cry when it happen...

They have their "proof"...
As for Apple... they didn't have that right in the beginning...later on they did...but at first...it was the same excuse given by China that Us is given right now "For Security reasons"

And no need to fall in being the oppressed here...Since China is one of the most "Restricted market" in the world...
As a Foreign investors you can't do a lot... YOu can't own anything... Selling in Chinese market mean to give more than half of your rights and assets in the country...Unfair trade and so on...

No need to cry... US and EU were pointing out such problems toward China for years... And yet... they didn't took actions against it..;since they were "Politics" involved... But now...Taking into account their Economical problems...Most don't care to step up and use their "Protectionist" card to answer back...

It's Fair. Either you play like me or you don't... But don't cry when it happen...

show me their "proof." You words don't make it true.

If Chinese phones can get into EU markets with similar security levels. How specifically did the Chinese phone failed the US security test?

This ban is not about fairness, it's about security reasons. Don't mix them up.

No other nations seem to think its necessary to ban a specific Chinese product to make their trades fairer, why does the US have to. Protectionist regulations should be aimed at all countries to be "fair", to only select China as a subject to this regulation is not being fair.

Fairness is not objective, it is subjective.

Every country wants access to China's consumer market, so they want to please the government.

show me their "proof." You words don't make it true.

If Chinese phones can get into EU markets with similar security levels. How specifically did the Chinese phone failed the US security test?

This ban is not about fairness, it's about security reasons. Don't mix them up.

No other nations seem to think its necessary to ban a specific Chinese product to make their trades fairer, why does the US have to. Protectionist regulations should be aimed at all countries to be "fair", to only select China as a subject to this regulation is not being fair.

Fairness is not objective, it is subjective.

Show me Chinese "Proof" about Apple security reasons a Decade ago ?
They have their proof...you want them...ask them...
Whatever it's true or not... it's not the subject...

As for the EU...they still on it... FEw want also to regulate Huawei... But As for now...no bill was voted yet...
But since EU need Chinese limited Market... more than the US do... they most of the time...close their eyes... till now at least... Every "Complain" against China is back... Like the thing to limit China Ownership in Companies in EU... / Banning Land ownership etc...

And it's not only Huawei...but ZTE too.

The Ban is about both... Security and a Bargain opportunity... against China.

Asians cry out in pain as they strike you.

Time to cut off all contact.
That's great.
Ban all american companies in Asia.
The result? Another Kennedy style assassination.
They own America, American people are just their slaves who are even brainwashed to buy guns.
Time to increase to their abysmal IQ.
Or, import more Supa Powans, they will love to ruin Murica just like how they ruin thousands of Murican companies by serving as CEOs.....

Trump is the best CPC secret agent ever!

Tesla will eventually become profitable once the US uses its influence to ban gas cars.

Also, Huawei is sketchy with deep ties to the Chinese government. Get Huawei off the Chinese government's control and maybe the US will allow it.
Telsa is just another fake ponzi game.
What is low-iQ is that Muricans even believe in such ponzi game....
They need some eugenic high-tech first to at least make their people's brain on par with 82-SupaPowans.

Show me Chinese "Proof" about Apple security reasons a Decade ago ?
They have their proof...you want them...ask them...
Whatever it's true or not... it's not the subject...

As for the EU...they still on it... FEw want also to regulate Huawei... But As for now...no bill was voted yet...
But since EU need Chinese limited Market... more than the US do... they most of the time...close their eyes... till now at least... Every "Complain" against China is back... Like the thing to limit China Ownership in Companies in EU... / Banning Land ownership etc...

And it's not only Huawei...but ZTE too.

The Ban is about both... Security and a Bargain opportunity... against China.

Never had China banned Apple products due to security reasons, or at least Google search gave me nothing. Most China did was stopping government agencies from obtaining them. Which for me makes sense, as the Chinese consumer market is still open for Apple.

The fact that EU does nothing about it is because there is no real reason to do it.

According to the US government, the ban is due to security reasons. And so I'm simply arguing against that point. There could be millions of reasons to set the ban, but I'm not concerned with them.

My only concern here is that the US government has issued an explanation to the ban and that explanation is simply invalid. That is the only point I'm trying to make and the only subject I'm interested in.

Never had China banned Apple products due to security reasons, or at least Google search gave me nothing. Most China did was stopping government agencies from obtaining them. Which for me makes sense, as the Chinese consumer market is still open for Apple.

The fact that EU does nothing about it is because there is no real reason to do it.

According to the US government, the ban is due to security reasons. And so I'm simply arguing against that point. There could be millions of reasons to set the ban, but I'm not concerned with them.

My only concern here is that the US government has issued an explanation to the ban and that explanation is simply invalid. That is the only point I'm trying to make and the only subject I'm interested in.
I think you misunderstood something...

Huawei is not fully ban in the US... you can buy via Amazon etc... But not via "Carrier" like AT&T ... after getting pressured...
BUT There is a bill that some want to pass that will BAN US GOV workers to buy any Huawei phones... (They want...but still a maybe...not voted)

Did you believed that Huawei was BANNED to export to the US???
Don't tell me you did...

Last edited:
I think you misunderstood something...

Huawei is not fully ban in the US... you can buy via Amazon etc... But not via "Carrier" like AT&T ... after getting pressured...
BUT There is a bill that some want to pass that will BAN US GOV workers to buy any Huawei phones... (They want...but still a maybe...not voted)

Did you believed that Huawei was BANNED to export to the US???
Don't tell me you did...

Or maybe I've mistaken. I was responding to another poster's claim and didn't do fact check.

I apologize, and I'm not afraid to admit it.

I presume you just did the fact check too, or else you would have pointed that out long ago.

Musk are overhyped, maybe he is talent, but not that good. While other foreign brand can sucess, he as talent, why can't? of course, I support lift the restriction to foreign company, this will make domestic brand have to try their best to build their own brand, and let these foreign brand can't use the governmental resources to promote their sales, some foreigners here think why foreign brand can be such success in China, just because they have technological advantage, hehe.

China is a huge market, don't like it and obey the Chinese law, can leave away. As to the limitation put by USA on China company, they will pay for these one day. fairness, national security? all are excuses.

National security ground? It's not like US is the only one who can use that to their advantage. Just take some imagination.

You gonna use national security ? Are you kidding ? China is a member of WTO. If you were to ban companies citing tweets, your products at the world market would go berserk as well. The only thing thats keeping the trades going is because most of the countries are bound by the WTO rules.

China should put banned on Telsa. Market lost put him back to senses.
You do know that China runs a surplus with us on trade. You start banning stuff and it will be China's loss. Wait- how can I expect you to know that. nvm.

China puts huge hurdles and requirements on our cars in China. Elon is asking we do the same in the U.S.

I'm 100% Full Blooded American; The Indian flag in my profile is forced upon me because they don't like the substance of my posts and taking on bullies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom