What's new

Elective Quran course approved for military schools

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I didn't intend to start a new religion discussion in PDF. But I think that it's worth remembering that most of us are muslim turks and some may choose to say turk'ul'islam (abbrevation of sheyh'ul'islam ((spelling?))) Put any kind of meaning you wish into it, it'll be your opinion. For me turk = islam and the other way around.

But at the end of the day it doesn't really matter as long as they have that fire inside of them that burns for their country.

Meeting an atheist turks is just unnatural, but i'll smile and move on. Like Mevlana (Rumi) said: "Come, whomever you may be, come".

On the other hand we have a turkish saying that goes like this: "Dinsizin hakkindan imansiz gelir" (roughly translates into A faithless will be dealt by a godless).

Page 3, reveal yourself ! :)

Well I didn't intend to start a new religion discussion in PDF. But I think that it's worth remembering that most of us are muslim turks and some may choose to say turk'ul'islam (abbrevation of sheyh'ul'islam ((spelling?))) Put any kind of meaning you wish into it, it'll be your opinion. For me turk = islam and the other way around.

But at the end of the day it doesn't really matter as long as they have that fire inside of them that burns for their country.

Meeting an atheist turks is just unnatural, but i'll smile and move on. Like Mevlana (Rumi) said: "Come, whomever you may be, come".

On the other hand we have a turkish saying that goes like this: "Dinsizin hakkindan imansiz gelir" (roughly translates into A faithless will be dealt by a godless).

Oh, it's not... You should come to Turkey sometimes. And be sure that there are more atheists than you can see due to them hiding it.

%100 agreed on the bold part..

shall we say Turkey is going down the same path as Gen Zia Ul Haq?

Whats with Pakistanis living in Saudi Arabia and their support for Zia-Ul-Haq? I have come across many Saudis (originals) and they tell me that he was a perfect man for Pakistan. .... What have they been giving you to smoke ?

This is great news. Finally Turkish army becoming what majority of Turks dreamed of. In past, i mean 14 years ago, 'secular' generals dismissed hundreds of officers just because their wife's are wearing turban. Now we see elective Quran courses in military schools.

To dear Pakistani friends: don't mind the views of kemalists here. They are minority in Turkey, and as you can understand from the this news, their time is past Thanks to god.

Whats with Pakistanis living in Saudi Arabia and their support for Zia-Ul-Haq? I have come across many Saudis (originals) and they tell me that he was a perfect man for Pakistan. .... What have they been giving you to smoke ?

I dont support Gen Zia ul Haq.
The same Saudis travel to turkey, syria and lebnon to engage in all night drunken orgies so for them religion is good for people as long as they have the money to afford their vacations.

I dont support Gen Zia ul Haq.
The same Saudis travel to turkey, syria and lebnon to engage in all night drunken orgies so for them religion is good for people as long as they have the money to afford their vacations.

BTW, where do you live in Saudi? P.S I was born in Riyadh and lived in Jubail and Yanbu...

This is great news. Finally Turkish army becoming what majority of Turks dreamed of. In past, i mean 14 years ago, 'secular' generals dismissed hundreds of officers just because their wife's are wearing turban. Now we see elective Quran courses in military schools.

To dear Pakistani friends: don't mind the views of kemalists here. They are minority in Turkey, and as you can understand from the this news, their time is past Thanks to god.

Pfft. What is that dream? Soldiers with beards, cheering Allah akbar?

n_12814_4.jpg

It is amazing how your leader still using his picture in order to impress that "minority", according to you, whose time has past, despite the fact that he has no respect for him.

Turkey, one more step towards the Ottoman way. :rolleyes:

This is Asakir-i Mansure-i Muhammediye (Victorious soldiers of Muhammad) = Mehmetçik = Turkish soldier..

Pfft. What is that dream? Soldiers with beards, cheering Allah akbar?

n_12814_4.jpg

It is amazing how your leader still using his picture in order to impress that "minority", according to you, whose time has past, despite the fact that he has no respect for him.

Typical kemalist mentality. World is not black and white. Religious soldiers can also be professional. Also there is noting wrong with cheering "Allah akbar". I hate this twisted mentality of kemalists implying that cheering as "Allah akbar" is bad thing.

Typical kemalist mentality. World is not black and white. Religious soldiers can also be professional. Also there is noting wrong with cheering "Allah akbar". I hate this twisted mentality of kemalists implying that cheering as "Allah akbar" is bad thing.

Keep hating, but in the mean time do tell what is that dream of majority of Turks regarding the army, you were talking about?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom