What's new

Elections 2008

ugh..don't tell me the people of Pakistan are so stupid to elect Mr 10%. Woohoo, isn't democracy grand for Pakistan?! :tdown:

ugh..don't tell me the people of Pakistan are so stupid to elect Mr 10%. Woohoo, isn't democracy grand for Pakistan?! :tdown:

:) guess what RR dear, Geo has found another tactic to create confusion they are telecasting the result ASP from different polling stations. So it doesnt mean that its the overall result.

The picture will be cleared after getting the overall result of a constituency.

Rest Sheikh Rashid is surely gonna win his seat beacause he did well for his constituency.

:)

ugh..don't tell me the people of Pakistan are so stupid to elect Mr 10%. Woohoo, isn't democracy grand for Pakistan?!
I am afraid RR that according to current situation PPP(P) is all steps ahead of any other party -Unfortunately .:hitwall:

Regards
Champ

Rest Sheikh Rashid is surely gonna win his seat beacause he did well for his constituency.
I hope he wins, coz he is my Fav Person.

Regards
Wilco

I am afraid RR that according to current situation PPP(P) is all steps ahead of any other party -Unfortunately .:hitwall:

Regards
Champ

It's only 3%, but not a good omen. Mind you, he probably paid most of his votes from the 10% of everything he got while in power last time. And he accuses others of rigging elections. Happy democracy!

It's only 3%, but not a good omen. Mind you, he probably paid most of his votes from the 10% of everything he got while in power last time. And he accuses others of rigging elections. Happy democracy!
Thats y i dont like Democrace.
& as someoone said:
In democracy if there are 99 scholors & 100 fools the fools will win.

But i am sure the picture will change, Inshallah

Regards
Champ

:) RR there was news in one of the constituncy in Interior Sindh some armed-men abducted the polling officer with 5,500 ballot papers. Guess Mr 10% share would defently grow.

pluse haries and wadara system to add more there to this choora bhangee .

:) RR there was news in one of the constituncy in Interior Sindh some armed-men abducted the polling officer with 5,500 ballot papers. Guess Mr 10% share would defently grow.

pluse haries and wadara system to add more there to this choora bhangee .

Alright, but this won't be large scale, else it would be noted by the international observers, and PML-Q/PML-N can complain it would change the result. It's early days, but for PPP to have gotten even a single seat is one too many stupid voters.

Hopefully literates will start voting soon.
They will have to if they want to see Pakistan Growing, not in another rage of Protests & Destabilization.

Regards
Champ

RR these are the ilietrates who poll the votes the most the so-called elite just swallow money from the donors on pretext of campaigning for enhancement of political process.

AS far PPPP i dont see they can get alot afterall people are aware of the looting made by this criminal Mr 10 %.

Pakistanis brave violence to vote in key election

by Danny Kemp
2 hours, 18 minutes ago

ISLAMABAD (AFP) - Pakistanis defied bombings and shootings on Monday to vote in critical parliamentary elections that will decide the political fate of key US anti-terrorist ally President Pervez Musharraf.

ADVERTISEMENT

The polls were intended to complete the transition to civilian democracy after eight years of military rule, but took place in the shadow of surging violence including the assassination of former premier Benazir Bhutto.

Western allies will be closely watching the result of the polls in the nuclear-armed Islamic nation -- with opposition leaders vowing mass protests if rigging robs them of victory.

Musharraf, who seized power in a coup in 1999 and stepped down as army chief in November, called for reconciliation after the vote and warned all parties to accept the outcome gracefully.

"Whosoever wins the polls, as president of Pakistan, I will function with them in a totally harmonious manner," Musharraf told state television after he cast his vote in the garrison city of Rawalpindi.

Officials said 14 people were killed and 100 injured in violence that began on the eve of the vote. Security fears were believed to have kept many voters at home, despite the presence of 80,000 troops on the streets.

Voting picked up after a slow start and the turnout three hours before the polls closed at 5:00 pm (1200 GMT) stood at about 35 percent of Pakistan's 81 million eligible voters, a senior electoral official told AFP.

The first results were expected after 10:30 pm with the overall picture set to emerge on Tuesday. The government banned exit polls.

Musharraf faces possible impeachment if the vote brings in a parliament packed with his foes, and even if he heads off that threat he would find his power further curtailed if the opposition wins a majority.

The former general is viewed by the United States as its key ally in the fight against Al-Qaeda and Taliban militants based in Pakistan's tribal areas on the border with Afghanistan.

Opinion polls have tipped Bhutto's Pakistan People's Party (PPP) to win, followed by the party of former prime minister Nawaz Sharif, with the pro-Musharraf Pakistan Muslim League-Q (PML-Q) trailing in third place.

"I am not afraid of bomb blasts... I am far less courageous than Bhutto but I would be ready to die to achieve her mission," Sakina Bibi, a 60-year-old supporter of the slain politician, told AFP in the southern city of Karachi.

But opposition leaders have alleged a campaign of "massive rigging" in favour of Musharraf's allies, who could also find support from their feudal connections in rural Pakistan

:::::::::::CURRENT SITUATION::::::::::

A DRAMATIC CHANGE

PPP(P) (51)
PML(N)--(49)
PML(Q)--(21)
IND-----(13)
MQM-----(06)
ANP-----(06)
MMA(F)--(04)
BNP-----(03)

Result=14%

Leading Part= PPP(P)
Runner up = PML(N)

Breaking News:: Pervaiz Ilahi is 200 votes behind Shah nawazn of PPP(P) (16% Result)

Regards
Champ

Well, It is now official and in the press that Nawaz Shariff when he was in power had passed state secrets to than Indian PM Gujral. What a Traitor.

Oooo Champ dont act like heywire media ;)

let the complete results comeout.

Back
Top Bottom