What's new

Election to test Pakistan democracy amid allegations of military meddling

The allegation were proved only in one case i.e Asghar Khan case i dare you to launch a campaign against its handlers and beneficiaries they are mostly alive and a journalist just today was brutally attacked for pursuing this case

Other than that the allegations have zero evidence
Oh really, no evidence? If it has done before it can be done again and with the ISPR's statements about people using social media to "attack" the armed forces, it shows they are aware of people's awareness and opposition to their interference. As evidenced by Pakistan's history, the military has amassed a lot of influence over both politics and society. This won't change immediately with the appointment of Bajwa as the army chief but it's a positive ste[/

Oh really, no evidence? If it has done before it can be done again and with the ISPR's statements about people using social media to "attack" the armed forces, it shows they are aware of people's awareness and opposition to their interference. As evidenced by Pakistan's history, the military has amassed a lot of influence over both politics and society. This won't change immediately with the appointment of Bajwa as the army chief but it's a positive ste[/
Or they are just pointing out the campaign by India and its local affiliates against Pakistan

If the establishment is working against any party to undermine democracy, it's reasonable for a person to begin to consider supporting the targeted party

If the International Establishment is working for any Pakistani political party on the false pretext of "saving democracy", It is reasonable for every sane Pakistani to begin to consider opposing that favored party ... PMLN is working on foreign agenda, the loyalty of their leaders lies elsewhere .... You can criticize/malign Pakistan Army and Establishment as much you like, but you can't question their loyalty towards the State of Pakistan ...

Last edited:
If the International Establishment is working for any Pakistani political party on the false pretext of "saving democracy", It is reasonable for every sane Pakistani to begin to consider opposing that favored party ...
that is a very good point

You can criticize/malign Pakistan Army and Establishment as much you like, but you can't question their loyalty towards the State of Pakistan ...
while i don't doubt the immense work they do for the country, they are from the same nation that breeds corrupt politicians. it's wrong to put them on such a high pedestal that unfortunately, so many people do on this forum. i hope that is not the case for the average pakistani and i doubt it is.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom