What's new

EL/M -- 2080 Green Pine Radar - Israel's Gift to India

US had no objection to green pine +ToT sale (hence why it went ahead along with phalcon AESA radar). Their issue arose with the physical Arrow interceptor back then (same official reason used to prevent India from acquiring more cryogenic stages from russia for ISRO).

Now there would be no objection from them even on that (given India is member of MTCR now)...and that India pushed right through the technology denial attempt the hard (but satisfying + permanent) way.

But now India does not need the arrow (system or ToT) given it can produce these class of interceptors effectively from what it has developed and refined locally.

How would you compare arrow 3 with current ABM cpabailities of India ? Im curious coz what i understand is, Israel is planning to use Arrow 2 + arrow 3.

The Barak 8 and Swordfish are the two best examples of what India can and Should be looking for, the latter is better. Self reliance is the key.

In a world where self interests dominate any other, i feel India and Israel have and will have the best convergnece of their Defence Interests.

How would you compare arrow 3 with current ABM cpabailities of India ? Im curious coz what i understand is, Israel is planning to use Arrow 2 + arrow 3.

The Barak 8 and Swordfish are the two best examples of what India can and Should be looking for, the latter is better. Self reliance is the key.

In a world where self interests dominate any other, i feel India and Israel have and will have the best convergnece of their Defence Interests.

I would say Arrow 3 and prithvi PDV are broadly comparable. No idea about their respective specific detailed comparison - I doubt such resolution on performance will be released. Arrow 3 is ahead in its induction/production timeline overall I believe.

Ultimately the most important things are the radar acquisition range/tracking capability, algorithm development +handling and the terminal sensor quality/reliability....compared to the rocket itself which is well proven heritage technology for the most part.

Back
Top Bottom