What's new

EIU: Bangladesh to be second best performing economy in 2019

The Ronin

Reaction score
Country
Bangladesh
Bangladesh's GDP is expected to grow by 7.9% this year, making it the second best performing economy in 2019, according to forecast data by the Economist Intelligence Unit (EIU).

Earlier in a country report on Bangladesh, published on December 4, the EIU stated that Bangladesh's growth from the fiscal year 2018-19 to 2022-23 will be driven mainly by strong increases in private consumption and gross fixed investment.

The report further predicted that Bangladesh will experience a real GDP growth of 7.7% per year during the period, bolstered by increases in private consumption and investment.

The EIU forecasts that gross fixed investment and private consumption will grow by an average of 9.9% and 10.6% per year, respectively, in FY 2018-19 and FY 2022-23, up from the respective averages of 9.3% and 6.3% in the preceding five-year period.

Apart from Bangladesh, neighbouring India will again be the fastest-growing big economy, maintaining its estimated 2018 rate of 7.4%, reports the economist.

A continuation of the Sino-US trade war would suit some places: Vietnam, which offers an alternative to China as a manufacturing location, is forecast to expand by 6.7%. But the economy that is expected to perform best in 2019—Syria, with forecast growth of 9.9%—is a sobering reminder that a high number can reflect the worst of starting-points.

After Bangladesh, Bhutan is expected to grow by 7.4%, while Rwanda is expected to grow by 7.3%.

-woc222-1546536253026.jpg

Source: Economist Intelligence Unit

The greater global picture, however, looks grim as the poor performance of stock markets last year maintained at the start of 2019.

This, according to The Economist, can be traced in part to growing worries about the state of the world economy, specifically the US and China.

According to the EIU, the US will grow by 2.3% in 2019—substantially lower than the estimated growth rate of 2.9% for the previous year—as the Federal Reserve tightens monetary policy and the effects of last year’s tax cuts fade away.

China’s forecasted growth rate is much higher at 6.3%, but that is still lower than its estimated performance in 2018. Many fear it to be worse as a result of the trade war with America, and China’s campaign to control its debt.

Europe presents an even worse picture. Britain, which is due to leave the European Union in March, is forecasted to grow by only 1.5%. Although, France faces less uncertainty, it fares no better.

Italy, being a continuous economic disappointment, is expected grow by just 0.4%, making it the seventh-worst performer in the EIU’s forecasts. Countries below it are all forecast to contract in 2019.

Venezuela, which has been in freefall for years, is expected to perform the worst as its GDP is expected to fall by 5.7%, followed by war-torn Yemen at 4.2%, Iran at 3.7%, Equitorial Guinea at 2.5%, and Argentina at 0.8%.

https://www.dhakatribune.com/busine...K1cCDolJxeVpAxE8VH_oleR_bUE_lTgJT7w5dvta49IPY

Bangladesh's GDP is expected to grow by 7.9% this year, making it the second best performing economy in 2019, according to forecast data by the Economist Intelligence Unit (EIU).

Earlier in a country report on Bangladesh, published on December 4, the EIU stated that Bangladesh's growth from the fiscal year 2018-19 to 2022-23 will be driven mainly by strong increases in private consumption and gross fixed investment.

The report further predicted that Bangladesh will experience a real GDP growth of 7.7% per year during the period, bolstered by increases in private consumption and investment.

The EIU forecasts that gross fixed investment and private consumption will grow by an average of 9.9% and 10.6% per year, respectively, in FY 2018-19 and FY 2022-23, up from the respective averages of 9.3% and 6.3% in the preceding five-year period.

Apart from Bangladesh, neighbouring India will again be the fastest-growing big economy, maintaining its estimated 2018 rate of 7.4%, reports the economist.

A continuation of the Sino-US trade war would suit some places: Vietnam, which offers an alternative to China as a manufacturing location, is forecast to expand by 6.7%. But the economy that is expected to perform best in 2019—Syria, with forecast growth of 9.9%—is a sobering reminder that a high number can reflect the worst of starting-points.

After Bangladesh, Bhutan is expected to grow by 7.4%, while Rwanda is expected to grow by 7.3%.

-woc222-1546536253026.jpg

Source: Economist Intelligence Unit

The greater global picture, however, looks grim as the poor performance of stock markets last year maintained at the start of 2019.

This, according to The Economist, can be traced in part to growing worries about the state of the world economy, specifically the US and China.

According to the EIU, the US will grow by 2.3% in 2019—substantially lower than the estimated growth rate of 2.9% for the previous year—as the Federal Reserve tightens monetary policy and the effects of last year’s tax cuts fade away.

China’s forecasted growth rate is much higher at 6.3%, but that is still lower than its estimated performance in 2018. Many fear it to be worse as a result of the trade war with America, and China’s campaign to control its debt.

Europe presents an even worse picture. Britain, which is due to leave the European Union in March, is forecasted to grow by only 1.5%. Although, France faces less uncertainty, it fares no better.

Italy, being a continuous economic disappointment, is expected grow by just 0.4%, making it the seventh-worst performer in the EIU’s forecasts. Countries below it are all forecast to contract in 2019.

Venezuela, which has been in freefall for years, is expected to perform the worst as its GDP is expected to fall by 5.7%, followed by war-torn Yemen at 4.2%, Iran at 3.7%, Equitorial Guinea at 2.5%, and Argentina at 0.8%.

https://www.dhakatribune.com/busine...K1cCDolJxeVpAxE8VH_oleR_bUE_lTgJT7w5dvta49IPY
Well done Bangladesh.

Yawn....GDDS based stuff. Still waiting on hard consumption number increase...(and the growth rates sustained then esp when things are not so unidimensional).
I still don't understand your problem with GDDS standard....I get it SDDS is more reliable but vast majority of the countries use GDDS standards today.

I still don't understand your problem with GDDS standard....I get it SDDS is more reliable but vast majority of the countries use GDDS standards today.

Well I have no problem with the standard per se (after all Vietnam uses such too)...just the specific (broad, unprecise) scope such a standard offers for a highly corrupt country (like BD) with a heavy propaganda outset and denial-complex on a bunch of important underlying issues.

Like I guess I just dont want to type all of that each time...and GDDS just kind of encapsulates it.

The whole argument "vast majority" of countries use it is a bad one too. Vast majority of countries are poor and irrelevant (economically) too. Does BD want to stay that way?

Like something has to give at some point (like in say Vietnam's case which is a fairly good comparison to use with BD)....Vietnams corruption isnt as atrocious, its freedom of business ranking is much better and it actually has some measured economic presence in various markers globally (compared to unidimensional Bangladesh and its RMG reliance). But BD always ends up with barely any (3rd party credible) saving grace to give the GDDS standard it uses a pass.

For example what is Vietnams energy consumption (given the huge importance of this as a 1st tier means of economic production/wealth) vs Bangladesh's and their respective growths? (even accounting for stage of economic development)? Can you tell me of the major banks with EM funds, how many have specific Bangladesh based ones (compared to say Vietnam)...and if composite EM fund...what % is BD as part of it?

The very economist magazine the OP article takes the article from (EIU) still refuses to list Bangladesh in its weekly data appendix (but does so for Pakistan)....why?

I can keep going with this stuff. At some point BD has to prove its credibility past what BAL-BBS puts out....but rather BD seems to want to keep itself contained in that govt "data" = be-all, end-all environment. Well then I'm simply not going to take it too seriously.....not with anything else transparent and neutral backing it up like it does even with fellow developing countries.

The worst 5/6 are nations zionists hate and punish with sanctions and economic warfare. Turkey should be also much higher if it weren't for the jews and other zionists.

Pathetic butt-hurt moron strikes again lol

Will probably reply and tag 50 fellow idiots now to back him up.
Yawn....GDDS based stuff. Still waiting on hard consumption number increase...(and the growth rates sustained then esp when things are not so unidimensional).

@The Eagle , @Slav Defence , @Horus , @waz , @Dubious …… Above are 2 posts one from @Nilgiri (show me any blow the belt word in that) and other from @UKBengali you can see buthurt and moron 50 fellow idiots ….
Mods is this member any relative of you ?????????? If not ban this person...……. if no ban then I am right this person is one of the mods or relative of any of the mods.
@django , @Imran Khan , @Retired Troll , @war&peace , @Atlas

@The Eagle , @Slav Defence , @Horus , @waz , @Dubious …… Above are 2 posts one from @Nilgiri (show me any blow the belt word in that) and other from @UKBengali you can see buthurt and moron 50 fellow idiots ….
Mods is this member any relative of you ?????????? If not ban this person...……. if no ban then I am right this person is one of the mods or relative of any of the mods.

Yes ban me since I pointed out someone who keeps thinking he knows better than all the economic organisations about BD growth rate.
Really pathetic to keep having to read his nonsense all the time.
Stop being a cry baby and whining to mods all the time. Just man up fella.

Its ok bro, UKbengali is just autistic that way...."butthurt" and the 10 other favourite things he says are his "go to words" when he gets upset. :D

BTW mage I dont get why you are up so late or up so early (I just looked at the sweden time when you posted that)....either way :nono::astagh:

Its ok bro, UKbengali is just autistic that way...."butthurt" and the 10 other favourite things he says are his "go to words" when he gets upset. :D
Its not ok man...… He/she behaving like owner of this forum and policy of this forum is no abuses ….. Either mods take action and ban him/her or mods need to stay quite if I or any other member start using "go to Words" ….. And I promise you one thing my "Go To Words" will make him smoke from some very nasty places ….

Yes ban me since I pointed out someone who keeps thinking he knows better than all the economic organisations about BD growth rate.
Really pathetic to keep having to read his nonsense all the time.
Stop being a cry baby and whining to mods all the time. Just man up fella.
@Mage tagged him( @Nilgiri ) and he answered his post ………………… Nothing to do with you ,,,,,,,,,,, then you opened your filthy mouth …………

Hope this growth keeps up1
This is beyond pathetic. Besides tagging every single mods, Why tag so few? Call everyone in this forum that supports you.

Hope this growth keeps up1

This is beyond pathetic. Besides tagging every single mods, Why tag so few? Call everyone in this forum that supports you.
Let them all see...….. Its about policy of forum...….. Law will apply on all , simple...………. if you have problem you tag them all too...……..

He/she behaving like owner of this forum and policy of this forum is no abuses …..

@Mage tagged him( @Nilgiri ) and he answered his post ………………… Nothing to do with you ,,,,,,,,,,, then you opened your filthy mouth …………
Better follow your own advice boy

You are owed a ban by your own "rules"

Back
Top Bottom