What's new

Eid Mubarak 2018

Eid Mubarak to all PDF friends
May Eid bring peace and happiness to you and your family .:-):-):-)

Nope talking about supposedly meatless spicy Biryani - which sometimes contains meat anyway.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tahri_(dish)

http://zuranazrecipe.com/teharispicy-biriyani/

Kacchi Biryani is also a local variety,

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biryani#Varieties

Same, same. Food doesn't change, it's only been forty plus odd years...

We eat a lot more than that, but yes, all cooked at home and available at restaurants.

Bangladeshis are a food-crazy bunch. Pulao and Biryani calls for special nutty flavored local rice (Kalijeera and Chinigura) sometimes. Grains are very small.

iu

iu

We are going to use Bashmoti rice instead of kalijera for this year Biryani. :-)

Eid Mubarak to all PDF friends
May Eid bring peace and happiness to you and your family .:-):-):-)

We are going to use Bashmoti rice instead of kalijera for this year Biryani. :-)

Good call. :-)

Longer grain looks better for Biryani. Apparently I was wrong about Chinigura and Kalijeera mini grain rice. Some have told me that those are better for Pulau and Phirni (In the US they call Phirni - rice pudding). But I am the consumer, not the cook. What do I care?

Hi,

Eid mubarak from california---in my part of the woods---it was on Friday

Eid Mubarak to you as well. Yes I already corrected my earlier statement. Chand Raat was supposed to be at Shahnawaz? How was it?

Longer grain looks better for Biryani. Apparently I was wrong about Chinigura and Kalijeera mini grain rice. Some have told me that those are better for Pulau and Phirni (In the US they call Phirni - rice pudding). But I am the consumer, not the cook. What do I care?

Eid Mubarak to you as well. Yes I already corrected my earlier statement. Chand Raat was supposed to be at Shahnawaz? How was it?

I live 90 minutes from Shahnawaz---.

Oh well. I am kind of far away as well. Bangladeshi and Pakistani events were held in that area yesterday, within a mile of each other. I could not make it out there this year but previous years I did. The attraction at the Bangladeshi event are of course the rock concert for the younger set and then availability of mitha paan (for older folks only). I believe both events are free and there is meena bazar situation for the ladies.

Last edited:

This trend have started for Fe year I think earlier I always found chinigura kalijera rice use for Biryani ,now a days Pakistani Bashmoti becoming new trend special occasions.

Back
Top Bottom