What's new

Egyptian negotiations to manufacture the South Korean K-2 MBT locally

Nothing to do with me and irrelevant to the topic. I am a Bangladeshi.

Im not. But, if I look at modern Egyptian military history, I can't support your very experienced general claim.

They are trying to have an armor force with 3 same generation main battle tanks! Seems like they don't know what they're doing.

Anyways, you didn't answered any questions from post 10!
Weren't you Pakistani before 1971..

What modern Egyptian military history? As far as everyone knows they fought Usrael defeated it and took back the Sinai.. the 67 attack was a US plot..

You are talking like a Keyboard officer.. Where even a real Bengali army General will be ashamed advancing what you say about the Egyptian army top brass..

So what? They had the The Russian and American same Generation tanks before manufacturing the M1A1.. now the K2 is a 4th generation .. The T-90 MS is also more modern then the 30 years old design of the M1A1..

The Military budget is public.. you can look it up yourself..

Last edited:
Thanks for the link.
Egyptian drunk generals can’t fight Israel. All this military equipment is to fight against other Muslim countries on the behalf of Uncle Sam.

Pakistan didn’t get any free money. We sold our citizens for 60k dollars.

you as a keyboard fighter is talking about Egyptian Generals…!!
you dare to mention Israel infront of an Egyptian..!
the ONLY ISLAMIC COUNTRY THAT REALLY fought Israel …. returned our land back and choose peace .

I hope you act that way defending your occupied land of Kashmir …. BTW does the US drones still targeting your citizens while your generals are not aware as usual…!?

you as a keyboard fighter is talking about Egyptian Generals…!!
you dare to mention Israel infront of an Egyptian..!
the ONLY ISLAMIC COUNTRY THAT REALLY fought Israel …. returned our land back and choose peace .

I hope you act that way defending your occupied land of Kashmir …. BTW does the US drones still targeting your citizens while your generals are not aware as usual…!?

These trolls can be horrible at times. I recall now they even started to insert Spain into articles that has nothing to do with them

How the hell they are able to buy advance military equipment? There economy is not that good.
US aid and FMS offsets their military expenditures. Secondly, all of their funding is spent on their conventional systems and upkeep. In the case of Pakistan, the funding is bifurcated across conventional and non-conventional systems and funding.

BTW, in all fairness, Egyptians did well in the 1973 war against Israel redeeming themselves after the 1967 debacle. The Egyptian Special Forces and infantry (hunter-killer anti-tank teams) were instrumental in delivering reverses to the IDF.

Last edited:
Egypt defeated Usrael..fully backed by the US in the Ramadan war 1973.. mind you..

Yes Pakistan got 10s of billions of free money from the GCC since it was established and even from Libya.. you should update your knowledge not your false pride..
Yes we did and every Arab regime has been propped up by Pakistan. You armies trained by us but courage and will to fight we cannot give you.
Your knowledge is now updated. Have a nice day

Yes we did and every Arab regime has been propped up by Pakistan. You armies trained by us but courage and will to fight we cannot give you.
Your knowledge is now updated. Have a nice day
That is called false arrogance..You forgot the Arabs were around since the coming of Islam.. not talking about thousands of years before that.. just to remind you who fought two major empires to bring you Islam..talking about courage, manhood and fighting spirit.. now just go swallow back your ignorance.. take a corner and go cry rivers there..HaHaHa!

Last edited:
That is called false arrogance..You forgot the Arabs were around since the coming of Islam.. not talking about thousands of years before that.. just to remind you who fought two major empires to bring you Islam..talking about courage, manhood and fighting spirit.. now just go swallow back your ignorance.. take a corner and go cry rvers there..HaHaHa!
My dear. I sincerely would love to see our Arab brothers prosper and take care of their people and us Muslims.
Sadly arabs of today are nothing like the Arabs of past and especially early Islam. So your comparison is very very wrong. Can you compare MBS or MBZ to Abu bakar Sadeeq or Umar or Ali may Allah be pleased with them. Todays arabs are ruled by tyrants who will gladly sell them to Israel for a couple of blonde's.
I wish you the best but I am sad to see your plight.

So after M1 a1 local Assembly now another one ?korean tank Also influenced by m1a1
K1? Yes

K2? I'd argue it is influenced more by Leopard 2 and Leclerc than Abrams

Wow! How much Egyptians spend on defense yearly?

There are no other country trying to maintain 3 totally different same generation tank force. Simply because it is unnecessary logistical burden.

Depends on how smart they are.

Then try to procure 1 model in thousands with different role specific configs. It will be simple and cheaper to maintain with high availability rate.

3 same generation tanks man with 3 different supply chain to maintain! It would be OK if they were 3 different generations but, they aren't.

You guys are getting free money man, spend them smartly...
You now know South Korea operates K1A1, K2 and T-80U, which are all third gen tanks

Back
Top Bottom