What's new

Egyptian National and Strategic Development Projects: News and Updates

I think China can do better in terms of investments in the Arab world..$ 600-700 million is peanuts!? :lol:

I think China can do better in terms of investments in the Arab world..$ 600-700 million is peanuts!? :lol:

IKR! They have a long way to go before their influence is that of Saudiya! ;)
At least the yearly trade number is fantastic.

IKR! They have a long way to go before their influence is that of Saudiya! ;)
At least the yearly trade number is fantastic.
That is true.. and I was mostly thinking about that equation of trade vs investments!

Space expert: 2018 will see the launch of the first satellite from the Egyptian Agency

Sada Al Balad

Egyptian Coptic Christians nuns celebrating the spirit of Egypt during the presidential elections.

@mike2000 is back

DZPvjo4XcAA2QHn.jpg

First Lady Mr.s ElSissy casting her ballot. I think we're pretty sure who's name she checked. :-)

DZNnWaPVQAECi-L.jpg

DZNnXLBU0AAYWs6.jpg

Presidential election spirit in the streets.

DZNJs4iVoAAtwhn.jpg

DZNC2XdX0AAudHS.jpg

Men and women bikers on the corniche in Alexandria having fun during the elections.

Hati zaghrata ya om Ahmad!

We're gonna give him this second term for sure, no ifs ands or buts about it for everything he's done for the country, bringing it to where it is today. What we're going to really keep an eye out for is what happens at the end of this ensuing 4-year term. That is what will be most critical as to whether he's going to find a way to manipulate the system and the constitution to either extend the term limits or do something ala Erdogan or Xi Jinping, or will he step aside like the constitution says he has to do and give Egypt its democracy and allow the next president to be elected by the people? We shall see.

We're gonna give him this second term for sure, no ifs ands or buts about it for everything he's done for the country, bringing it to where it is today. What we're going to really keep an eye out for is what happens at the end of this ensuing 4-year term. That is what will be most critical as to whether he's going to find a way to manipulate the system and the constitution to either extend the term limits or do something ala Erdogan or Xi Jinping, or will he step aside like the constitution says he has to do and give Egypt its democracy and allow the next president to be elected by the people? We shall see.
He already "ordered" the establishment of an Academy just like the French one, where all future presidents of Egypt will come from..fully state running qualified.. no newbies to politics will be allowed.. So hopefully some will be prepared by 2022 to provide a good pool of candidates..I personally think that he believes in democracy..and as I told you before in another discussion about the Egyptian system.. I do not think that extending the presidency period to six years (not more though..) will be a bad thing.. Egypt does not have to mimic others..but find its own political system framework.. I really think that 6 years from now_that is if Sisi and the parliament extend the period to six years_..some good candidates will be ready to take over the presidency and other important government desks.. in the same frame of thoughts I do not think that 4 years in the elite Academy will be enough (Hands on experience and desk-shadowing-wise..).. I am pretty sure that Sisi don't want to leave anything to chance after all what Egypt went through in the last 50 or so years.. he will try his best to consolidate the amazing gains an make Egypt great again.. The academy is one of these vital steps to ensure a modern and competent governance and state affairs management.. after him and beyond.. it is certainly part of Egypt's own vision 2030..

Last edited:
He already "ordered" the establishment of an Academy just like the French one, where all future presidents of Egypt will come from..fully state running qualified.. no newbies to politics will be allowed.. So hopefully some will be prepared by 2022 to provide a good pool of candidates..I personally think that he believes in democracy..and as I told you before in another discussion about the Egyptian system.. I do not think that extending the presidency period to six years (not more though..) will be a bad thing.. Egypt does not have to mimic others..but find its own political system framework.. I really think that 6 years from now_that is if Sisi and the parliament extend the period to six years_..some good candidates will be ready to take over the presidency and other important government desks.. in the same frame of thoughts I do not think that 4 years in the elite Academy will be enough (Hands on experience and desk-shadowing-wise..).. I am pretty sure that Sisi don't want to leave anything to chance after all what Egypt went through in the last 50 or so years.. he will try his best to consolidate the amazing gains an make Egypt great again.. The academy is one of these vital steps to ensure a modern and competent governance and state affairs management.. after him and beyond.. it is certainly part of Egypt's own vision 2030..

An Academy...to choose a president from...
Did I hear well...
So... it's like
--"Hey guys... Here few guys I choosed... now your goal, brainless citizens...you have to choose from..."
--"But, Ya Basha... Why are they "similar" to you"
--"..."

Education-Prestige-Family etc... Do NOT make you a great Leader with a great Vision... THe greatest Man of our History...came from nothing... ppl wouldn't waste their time to speak with them...and yet, they changed their time...

You want a chance to vote for Great People?
The Answer is quite simple...
--Give Free access to Education for every citizen...
--Fight Corruption... Start by your own corruption... step by step... and then open you mouth on the one doing it...whoever it is... a Family member..a Friend...an Ally or an Enemy...
--Give rights to those you are against... Give them respect...

With those basic things... you will not need a "Factory of "Good ppl"...

He already "ordered" the establishment of an Academy just like the French one,

Aside from the fact that there are inherently major problems with something like that, bro, but do you have a link to that French system by any chance? I tried looking it up but couldn't find it. It is a bit bizarre to have something like that to be perfectly honest with you ma man. Qualifications to become the leader of a country should not be something that are 'developed," so to speak, but "met," and to be clear and just across the board for any civilian who meets them based on his or her life and career performances.

Aside from the fact that there are inherently major problems with something like that, bro, but do you have a link to that French system by any chance? I tried looking it up but couldn't find it. It is a bit bizarre to have something like that to be perfectly honest with you ma man. Qualifications to become the leader of a country should not be something that are 'developed," so to speak, but "met," and to be clear and just across the board for any civilian who meets them based on his or her life and career performances.
You'll find the news on this thread If I am not wrong..
The French academy makes academicians..It has a lot of discipline and a very sound and tight academic curriculum..that is it main characteristic..otherwise I agree with you..still many US leaders came from Harvard or to a lesser extent other very renown US Universities.. the same in England and Germany..and many other stable and advanced countries.. Not to have newbies who need to learn on the job into high positions in political leadership of a nation saves time and brings better results.. it is also logical.. or in other words, having very qualified people in state running positions is a benediction to the country..(elected by people of course..that is why public awareness should be enhanced to reach that level of understanding..it is only natural that the "Fittest"_in this case: in state running affairs or statesmanship_ should lead..

Last edited:
I believe this might be the best course for Egypt going forward. Create an elite pool of trained and vetted statesmen and stateswomen and let the people choose from among them. Make sure they go through the same strict vetting process (security and ideological background checks) as well as the same disciplined training as those of Military academies.

No more glue sniffing amateurs, no more Islamist wolves in liberal sheep clothes (looking at you Ghannouchi and Erdogan), no more stagnant rulers who stick for 3 decades doing jack squat, no more chaos and uncertainty. Time to set a course forward and stick to it for a change.

Last edited:
It is the idea (s) behind it that should be looked at as an example..
Sorry I thought you asked about Sisi's statement about the creation of the academy!

Here are some links to the Academy idea..
French Academy

https://www.britannica.com/topic/French-Academy
https://www.britannica.com/topic/French-Academy

Académie française

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Académie_française
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Académie_française

French Academy of Sciences

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/French_Academy_of_Sciences

Egypt Plans to Double Cotton Production, Revive ‘White Gold’ Industry

Egypt is planning to double the production of its most famous crop, cotton, in an effort to revive a lucrative industry that can re-launch a faltering economy and increase the country’s exports.

Last month, Egyptian Ministry of Agriculture Spokesman Hamed Abdel-Dayem told Reuters that the government aims to increase cotton production to hit 1.4 million qintars (160 kg) in the fiscal year 2017/2018, compared to 700,000 qintars a year ago.

Abdel-Dayem added that the government seeks to push up the price of the long staple cotton to more than 3,000 Egyptian pounds ($US 168.07) per qintar, highlighting that all of the cotton will be exported.

On July 11, Egyptian President Abdel Fattah Al-Sisi also held a meeting with Prime Minister Sherif Ismail as well as the ministers of agriculture and trade and the public enterprise sector in order to discuss ways of boosting the famed industry.
https://egyptianstreets.com/2017/08...cotton-production-revive-white-gold-industry/

Back
Top Bottom