What's new

Egyptian capabilities to repel an attack by armed and suicide drones, and the ability to protect its long-range air defense systems

Thales unveils radar that can detect drones and small ground targets Ground Observer 20 Multi-Mission (GO20 MM)..A single-mode multi-mission radar for continuous 360-degree 3D detection, tracking and automatic classification of the full spectrum of threats. From drones and helicopters in low-altitude airspace, to monitoring enemy forces on the ground on foot or armed vehicles – simultaneous detection of all threats..it provides critical seconds to implement effective counter-drone (C-UAV) actions, protects troops in camps, and units on the battlefield.

20211007-12-GO20-MM.jpg

The radar uniquely combines low-altitude ground and air surveillance in one monitor, and provides early detection and automatic classification of UAVs.

Thales-GO20MM_3.jpg

Decent for it's range

These are two ignorant comments..
You don't seem to have read the article..or are those battery numbers too bitter for you to swallow..
Even underground facilities can hide mobile defense systems or are you ignorant of this too..
And stop comparing with Pakistan .. this is a thread about the Egyptian air defence..

The quality of your posts has great cosistency. Even as Pakistani I agree with you on this post that fella you replied to was completely out of it

The quality of your posts has great cosistency. Even as Pakistani I agree with you on this post that fella you replied to was completely out of it

@The SC is the GOAT in military matters shout out to also @Philip the Arab and @Gomig-21 and unfortunately I would have to add @MMM-E :lol: I know he throws around the word bandit aside from that his well versed in military hardware that is just me being objective and also @Indos @Whizzack @serenity @LeGenD outside of these the remaining are more or less layman

Last edited:
@The SC is the GOAT in military matters shout out to also @Philip the Arab and @Gomig-21 and unfortunately I would have to add @MMM-E :lol: I know he throws around the word bandit aside from that his well versed in military hardware that is just me being objective and also @Indos @Whizzack @serenity @LeGenD outside of these the remaining are more or less layman

The one that has good knowledge is this Korean member @dr.knowhow , but he usually only comment in Indonesian section (Indonesia Defense Forum/Indonesia Aerospace Forum) and KFX/IFX thread.

He was also commenting in Turkish section in TFX thread

The one that has good knowledge is this Korean member @dr.knowhow , but he usually only comment in Indonesian section (Indonesia Defense Forum/Indonesia Aerospace Forum) and KFX/IFX thread.

He was also commenting in Turkish section in TFX thread

I have seen his posts not that impressed his very biased and gives half-hearted opinions and there is also another who tags him all the time and his an international mod or something

I have seen his posts not that impressed his very biased and gives half-hearted opinions and there is also another who tags him all the time and his an international mod or something

Well he said something negative about TFX program particularly related to the engine, this is where I see you may dislike it as you are pro Turkish member here. He is also good at engine and has made comment on the engine of Altay that will use Korean one. He is a fair commentator IMO

Well he said something negative about TFX program particularly related to the engine, this is where I see you may dislike it as you are pro Turkish member here. He is also good at engine and has made comment on the engine of Altay that will use Korean one. He is a fair commentator IMO

He was talking about infos that was not even disclosed and this has nothing to do with my stance whether I am for one or the other.. Just informations that is not disclosed to us. We can't dwell on grey areas like that which is kinda red-flag for me. I said lets wait and see until info comes out. Instead of going into empty speculations this technically off-topics itself. Someone who knows his stuff will never venture into a grey area to speculate example it does no favor to someone like me who purely seeks the technicality aspect and nothing else. I recall a separate thread was created only for speculations at some point to avoid further unnecessary distractions

Last edited:
Egypt should acquire the Skyknight when it is ready to defend the long range SAMs and other assets.

80 missiles can be in the air at the same time and they each have an active radar seeker negating the need for individual tracking radars.

In fact it may be the best SHORAD in the world when it enters production in my opinion.

View attachment 781478

View attachment 781479

UAE may even give a special deal to Egypt considering their strategic relationship. They could even pay for it in full and give Egypt a huge upgrade in their SHORAD while also giving money to their own company.

This my favorite looking system. VLS style giving it more punch.

State of the art Drone Killer System called DROKA from Turkey

the best option against Kamikaze and Anti-radiation Drones like İsraeli HARPY and HAROP
Turkey can give this technology to Egypt

DROKA is new state of the art multifunctional UAV which can be utilized as a self-defense deterrent against Kamikaze Drones

It explodes on the target with its own optical search system

-- The Drone detection Radar range of 10+ km
-- 2,5 kg Warhead with 10.000 pieces .. ( PBX explosive with thermobaric effect )
-- Optical search system
-- Electro-optical suite
-- Control consoles
-- The ability to detect threats and use related fusion algorithms.

To protect large campuses, critical facilities like Refinery complex and Radar Systems
1634104913996.png

State of the art Drone Killer System called DROKA from Turkey

the best option against Kamikaze and Anti-radiation Drones like İsraeli HARPY and HAROP
Turkey can give this technology to Egypt

DROKA is new state of the art multifunctional UAV which can be utilized as a self-defense deterrent against Kamikaze Drones

It explodes on the target with its own optical search system

-- The Drone detection Radar range of 10+ km
-- 2,5 kg Warhead with 10.000 pieces .. ( PBX explosive with thermobaric effect )
-- Optical search system
-- Electro-optical suite
-- Control consoles
-- The ability to detect threats and use related fusion algorithms.

To protect large campuses, critical facilities like Refinery complex and Radar Systems
View attachment 784498
And why wouldn't Egypt buy drone-killing weapons from Russia instead? ;)

This my favorite looking system. VLS style giving it more punch.
Check out Made in UAE they have a lot of other stuff under development including a LRASM, you can ask any questions there if you are interested.

300px-DRONE_HARFANG_01.jpeg

Attachments

• Egypt-France-and-drone-production-1-1(1).pdf
    106.3 KB · Views: 34
The Egyptian Ministry of Military Production showed strong interest in a proposal by Airbus, which includes
a license and a transfer of technology (ToT) agreement whereby Egypt would be allowed to produce a
variant of the Harfang medium-altitude long-endurance (MALE) drone.

The Harfang drone was first introduced in 2008 by EADS (now Airbus) and IAI.

detail_AIR_UAV_Heron_Harfang_900x636.jpg

Specific modifications will be introduced to the locally produced Harfang that are more suitable for the
Egyptian tactical needs.

IAI_Heron%28_framed%29.jpg

Back
Top Bottom