What's new

Egyptian Additional 12 Rafale Order May Delay Indian Deliveries Further

its needs more than fast tracking.
you own dm it will besigned for by the end of the month and now were hearing its going to take more time !
i will believe it when i see it. and i will see it on the officail dassault press release website nowhere else.

Nope. He said he will get the CNC report by the end of the month. Everything else is just tentative.

SH is an anemic fighter. 7.5G max. weight 14T and can only carry 8T. T/W ratio poor.

Don't use the Kuwait figure to imagine Indian deal : Kuwait already use F18 : same tools or near. Same infra.

the 7.5G and weight can be fixed with a new wing like the F-18L and T/W ratio improved with the F414EPE

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/McDonnell_Douglas_F/A-18_Hornet#Northrop.27s_F-18L

Northrop developed the F-18L as a potential export aircraft. Since it was not strengthened for carrier service, it was expected to be lighter and better performing, and a strong competitor to the F-16 Fighting Falcon then being offered to American allies. The F-18L's normal gross weight was lighter than the F/A-18A by 7,700 pounds (3,490 kg), via lighter landing gear, lack of wing folding mechanism, reduced part thickness in areas, and lower fuel-carrying capacity. Though the aircraft retained a lightened tailhook, the most obvious external difference was removed "snags" on the leading edge of the wings and stabilators. It still retained 71% commonality with the F/A-18 by parts weight, and 90% of the high-value systems, including the avionics, radar, and electronic countermeasure suite, though alternatives were offered. Unlike the F/A-18, the F-18L carried no fuel in its wings and lacked weapons stations on the intakes. It had three underwing pylons on each side instead.[9]

The F/A-18L version followed to coincide with the US Navy's F/A-18A as a land-based export alternative. This was essentially an F/A-18A lightened by approximately 2,500 to 3,000 pounds (1,130 to 1,360 kg); weight was reduced by removing the folding wing and associated actuators, implementing a simpler landing gear (single wheel nose gear and cantilever oleo main gear), and change to a land-based tail-hook. The revised F/A-18L included wing fuel tanks and fuselage stations of the F/A-18A. Its weapons capacity would increase from 13,700 to 20,000 pounds (6,210 to 9,070 kg); largely due to the addition of a third underwing pylon and strengthened wingtips (11 stations in total vs 9 stations of the F/A-18A). Compared to the F-18L, the outboard weapons pylons are moved closer to the wingtip missile rails. Because of the strengthened non-folding wing, the wingtip missile rails were designed to carry either the AIM-7 Sparrow or Skyflash medium-range air-to-air missiles, in addition to the AIM-9 Sidewinder as found on the F/A-18A. The F/A-18L was strengthened for a 9 g design load factor compared to the F/A-18A's 7.5 g factor.

so you can knock off about 1.3 tonnes of weight off, improve to 9G, and have better agility with enhanced engines :cheesy:

f0082824_4f875a21d7c03.jpg

going from 9 to 1 T/W to 11 to 1 with EPE.

if the price is right, ToT and Make in India, and getting birds ASAP I don't see the big deal.

the F/A 18 is inferior to the Rafale I doubt any one would say otherwise.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom