What's new

Egyptian Additional 12 Rafale Order May Delay Indian Deliveries Further

We are having a very good idea of Indian procurement, which is going on for more than a decade regarding mother of all deal.
Dude seriously? We all know the fate of much talked 36 J-10s.... atleast we are getting something...as they say, better late than never.

This f***ing rafale saga is destroying our iafs war fighting capabilities.

Look at all the uninformed members spouting absolute nonsense on this thread.

@waz sir, please move this to the Rafale sticky thread

That is the MoD and politicians'.

thats it .... i give up :pissed:

I-give-up-gif.gif

as of now i will refuse to acknowledge any negoations on the rafale.
@Taygibay @Vauban what do say ?

Well according to this article

First 36 delivery starts from Year 3 to year 7 assuming say signed now...

Assume year 1 as MII beginning and 36 months for project completion. So MII worst case can start production from Year 5 based on this.

Now think for a moment, if DM MP sees this he will say year 5,6,7 items are nt needed from Merignac as they can be done via MII plant only.

In essence the Merignac deal line must finish delivering it's order or in last 1-2 jets stage before the first jet from MII plant roll out

So what's the timeline for MII plant
Deal by Mar 2017
Setup 36 months
Slack 6 months
So total time max 2021

Thus within max 2021 Rafale 36 off the shelf order has to be completed.

So orders hav to be executed from late 2017 (at least 1 jet) or else 2018,19,20..

+++
The Indian order work has been planned much in advance. The contours will.be revealed soon on that too

why is it that i dont hear the iamw broadcast the news. also wheres the champagne ?:mad:

There's still a whole month of bureaucratic procedures for it to go through.

CNC has to give its report to Parrikar. Parrikar has to approve that and send it to all the ministries for approval. Then it goes back to Parrikar and then it's forwarded to the CCS who approves it. Then comes the signature. Champagne comes after.

The contract for the IAF would already be frozen based on negotiation deadlines. The Egyptian options won't affect it.

I don't know why you believe the Rafale and SH are competing. There's no competition there. The Rafale deal is a continuation of the MMRCA, and in that deal, the SH did not even get into the top 2.

The MMRCA has now been split into a higher tier (Rafale) and a lower tier order, SH is fighting for the lower tier order.

SH is competing with the F-16 and Gripen E. And the SH that you are producing right now is the navy version, what IAF may order will be the modernized ASH made for IAF's specs, including 9G wings, not the 'broken' ones the USN's using for carrier ops.

this is just arm chair fantasy talk, don't take it serious :cheesy:

this isn't a big deal India loves delays

but a better solution is the Super Hornet

make a deal like this

Boeing makes 2 Super Hornets a month can be ramped up to 3 a month

So Boeing makes the first 48 or 72 for the first two/three years til they can be made in India by Tata or Hal

the rest are made in India.

Kuwait wants 24 Super Hornets for $3 billion

so India will pay $6/9 billion for 48/72.

also the Made in India Super Hornets should cost less to produce as well

this Rafale fiasco might drag on and drag well into 2017, time to make a move India
SH is an anemic fighter. 7.5G max. weight 14T and can only carry 8T. T/W ratio poor.

Don't use the Kuwait figure to imagine Indian deal : Kuwait already use F18 : same tools or near. Same infra.

There's still a whole month of bureaucratic procedures for it to go through.

CNC has to give its report to Parrikar. Parrikar has to approve that and send it to all the ministries for approval. Then it goes back to Parrikar and then it's forwarded to the CCS who approves it. Then comes the signature. Champagne comes after.
and how long will take and do you think all of the ministers will approve? or will the ccs approve it?
think of this entire process as a network the more joins you have the greater the chance of failure.
whats happen with the japenese us-2?

So sad , when the rest of the world are increasing their order, Indian first reduced their order from 124 to 36 and add still discussing the mother of all deal with frencg.
In 2004, Dassault made an offer to India for....

..... 36 Rafale ! Just imagine these 36 in your force today...

It's not the Rafale fault. Just look inside your dark buraucraty.

and how long will take and do you think all of the ministers will approve? or will the ccs approve it?
think of this entire process as a network the more joins you have the greater the chance of failure.

Normally it takes a month for fast track projects like Rafale.

Generally all the ministries approve once Mod has approved it. Sometimes the Finance Ministry can cancel it or put it on hold until funds are available, but Rafale will get special treatment.

whats happen with the japenese us-2?

Apparently too expensive.

In 2004, Dassault made an offer to India for....

..... 36 Rafale ! Just imagine these 36 in your force today...

That was a bad offer at the time.

Rafale rate is moving to 22 a year by 2018, from 11 today
Dassault with the actual line can move to 33/year. Just need orders....

Normally it takes a month for fast track projects like Rafale.

Generally all the ministries approve once Mod has approved it. Sometimes the Finance Ministry can cancel it or put it on hold until funds are available, but Rafale will get special treatment.
its needs more than fast tracking.
you own dm said it will be signed for by the end of the month, and now were hearing its going to take more time !
i will believe it when i see it. and i will see it on the officail dassault press release website nowhere else.

Last edited:

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom