What's new

Egypt signs CISMOA agreement

Im just concerned with the fact that they will be knowing the satellite locations of some of our troops, something which I find very sensitive.

Are you saying that now with more interoperability in the communications systems, Egyptian troops and movement will be giving up exact GPS coordinates to the US because of certain equipment that will be used in the battlefield that will have those particular coms?

ATM, no one is safe from the enemy seeing their positions on the battlefield anyway, with all the available satellite imagery out there. I doubt any equipment moving around on the battlefield -- such as tanks or mobile SAM networks or launch systems -- will be part of the GPS upgrade that is included in the coms part of this treaty. That's more like a common coms nework for interoperability. When it's time to go to war, unless Egypt is fighting alongside the US, I doubt those will be the same coms used on the battlefield. No one gives up that kind of accessibility, I wouldn't worry one bit about it.

If that was the case, then all the signatories of the treaty would be giving up the same thing. South Korea, Japan, Singapore, Turkey, Pakistan.. and even India and some of these have signed agreements beyond the CISMOA.

The GPS part of the agreement mostly refers to the ability to use global satellite positioning as a guidance system for newer weapons, or upgrade current weapons from laser guided ones to be GPS capable because it comes with the signed promise that the provided US GPS technology will not be shared with a 3rd party without the consent of the US.

Are you saying that now with more interoperability in the communications systems, Egyptian troops and movement will be giving up exact GPS coordinates to the US because of certain equipment that will be used in the battlefield that will have those particular coms?

ATM, no one is safe from the enemy seeing their positions on the battlefield anyway, with all the available satellite imagery out there. I doubt any equipment moving around on the battlefield -- such as tanks or mobile SAM networks or launch systems -- will be part of the GPS upgrade that is included in the coms part of this treaty. That's more like a common coms nework for interoperability. When it's time to go to war, unless Egypt is fighting alongside the US, I doubt those will be the same coms used on the battlefield. No one gives up that kind of accessibility, I wouldn't worry one bit about it.

If that was the case, then all the signatories of the treaty would be giving up the same thing. South Korea, Japan, Singapore, Turkey, Pakistan.. and even India and some of these have signed agreements beyond the CISMOA.

The GPS part of the agreement mostly refers to the ability to use global satellite positioning as a guidance system for newer weapons, or upgrade current weapons from laser guided ones to be GPS capable because it comes with the signed promise that the provided US GPS technology will not be shared with a 3rd party without the consent of the US.
So that deal willnt harm our military capabilities nor it's sovereignty?

So that deal willnt harm our military capabilities

If anything, it will improve Egypt's capabilities, exponentially. This was the 2nd biggest hurdle to getting the AIM-120 (among other critical and powerful capabilities.) The 1st was Israel's paranoia.

nor it's sovereignty?

Of course not. Did Turkey or Pakistan give up their sovereignty when they signed it?

So look at the countries that have already signed not only the CISMOA (not SISMOA lmao) but have also singed the LEMOA, the two glaring ones are TURKEY and PAKISTAN. Egypt never signed that part (even though I believe it should have a long time ago because there are only benefits to that, especially for the F-16 fleet) but instead did not and as a result...
Any source that Pakistan has signed CISMOA and LEMOA?

USA always loved military dictators. From Ayub khan to Musharraf to Sisi. Baloon swells in initials years, and pin comes in last years...these years are swelling years...so Mr Sisi, enjoy(for now).

@The SC do you have the link for the bottom part of the article you posted?

Who are the signatories to that Convention?

NATO, South Korea, Japan, Singapore, the Gulf States, Turkey, Jordan, Morocco, Pakistan.. and India, which have signed a Logistics Exchange Memorandum of Agreement LEMOA with the United States and is negotiating to sign the Basic Exchange and Cooperation Agreement (BECA) and CISMOA as conditions for the transfer of production technology F-16 fighter block 70 there.

@The SC do you have the link for the bottom part of the article you posted?
Actually it was a compilation from many sources plus some analysis..
Not only Pakistanis.. but even Saudis say KSA did not sign it..But just the fact that they all got the Amraam..says logically that they have signed it.. although KSA as a special case and huge investments in the US has enough leverage to get the advanced technologies without signing the CISMOA.. and also the fact that this can be kept secret from the public..

Anyway.. this article might hint to it too:
India Reluctant To Sign CISMOA Due To U.S. Ties With Pakistan

https://www.valuewalk.com/2017/11/india-reluctant-sign-cismoa-us-pakistan/

Last edited:
Actually it was a compilation from many sources plus some analysis..
Not only Pakistanis.. but even Saudis say KSA did not sign it..But just the fact that they all got the Amraam..says logically that they have signed it.. although KSA as a special case and huge investments in the US has enough leverage to get the advanced technologies without signing the CISMOA.. and also the fact that this can be kept secret from public..

Ok, thanks, buddy.

I couldn't find a source that lists all the signatories of any of the treaties. I would think that any country that is buying any advanced weapons systems from the US would have signed some form of non-transfer of technology to 3rd parties which is a major part of CISMOA.

Ok, thanks, buddy.

I couldn't find a source that lists all the signatories of any of the treaties. I would think that any country that is buying any advanced weapons systems from the US would have signed some form of non-transfer of technology to 3rd parties which is a major part of CISMOA.
I think it can be found here:
I did some research but it is too long and depends on the year of the signing...etc
https://findit.state.gov/search?que...m+of+Agreement&affiliate=dos_stategov&search=

Last edited:
If anything, it will improve Egypt's capabilities, exponentially. This was the 2nd biggest hurdle to getting the AIM-120 (among other critical and powerful capabilities.) The 1st was Israel's paranoia.
AIM-120, even Egypt gave all the land left from the Sauds/UAE auction, will be of the table...

Of course not. Did Turkey or Pakistan give up their sovereignty when they signed it?
Lost whole lot, and didn’t get anything for signing for it..Turks were denied Patriots and forbidden from flying the Emirati F16, to bomb Lybia..Pakistan is a lot worse...took five years or more to get their F16 money back from the states...on paid aircraft that the différent US administration refuses to deliver..
For Egypt , it will be served the same stale humburger....

AIM-120, even Egypt gave all the land left from the Sauds/UAE auction, will be of the table...

Lost whole lot, and didn’t get anything for signing for it..Turks were denied Patriots and forbidden from flying the Emirati F16, to bomb Lybia..Pakistan is a lot worse...took five years or more to get their F16 money back from the states...on paid aircraft that the différent US administration refuses to deliver..
Man you are full of hate lol,. We are more significant than Pakistan, emiratis and turks politically. Except that the Turks are nato so they probably fucked up something that it denied them the weapons.

Man you are full of hate lol,. We are more significant than Pakistan, emiratis and turks politically. Except that the Turks are nato so they probably fucked up something that it denied them the weapons.
You mean insignificant...Pakistan is a nuclear power, they made a mistake by signing the CISMOA, thinking it will get them close to the US technology..The US used it to control Pakistan nuclear program...Egypt is dépendant of US goudwill, the little levrage she had, she lost it by signing the CSMOA...now the worm is in the fruit....

I think your are wrong. Turkey was not denied Patriots, US deployed Patriots to Turkey several times in the past and they were in the Turkish air defense system tender with PAC-3. At first they refused to give ToT but after the cancellation of Chinese deal, they offered ToT but with an unacceptable price. Second of all, Libya operation was among my case studies, US asked Turkey to join aerial bombing campaigns but Turkey refused and instead provided combat air patrol to enforce no fly zone.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom