What's new

Egypt Buys S-300VM

The deal is Actually 4 batteries at the cost of 500 million US dollars (and by the way it's not S-300 VM, it's the S-300 V4, the most advanced variant of S-300 with detection range of up to 300km) one S300 battery is worth 120 million dollars, so 4 batteries = 480 million dollars

the Source is the official Kzgroup site, which is building the S300-V4 system chassis for Egypt, but unfortunately i can't post links because i'm new and not permitted to post links
I believe you, and it is all the best if it is the latest and most advanced version.

I believe you, and it is all the best if it is the latest and most advanced version.

here's the source lol, just put it all together, the Egyptian deal is worth 500 million dollars, and this source says the S-300 V4 deal is worth about 3.1 billion Russian Rupees to a foreign customer , which is about 500 million US dollars, for sure it's Egypt since it's the last country to reportedly sign a contract for S-300 purchase , and the 500 million price tag is a confirmed kill !

Source :

kzgroup
.ru/eng/m/116/
kirovsk...v4_surface-to-air_missile_system_chassis.
html

Here is a very detailed, technical and good read:

Known variants and subtypes include the:
  1. S-300V1: early production configuration;
  2. S-300V2: block upgrade with improved ABM acquisition capability using paired optical cable networked 9S19M2 High Screen radars instead of the 9S15M Bill Board;
  3. S-300V3: block upgrade with extended engagement range missiles, with a claimed doubling of range performance against aerial targets;
  4. S-300V4: “deep modernisation” with improvements over the S-300V3, providing “1.5 - 2.3 times the capability of earlier variants”, and intended for deployment with Russian Army units in 2011.
At this time virtually nothing of substance has been disclosed on the configuration of the S-300V4 block upgrade, with many sources simply claiming it to be “classified”.

The cited doubling of aerodynamic target engagement range would suggest the use of the kinematically improved 9M82M and 9M83M missiles, developed for the S-300VM, and possibly the much improved 9S32M Grill Screen engagement radar, also developed for the S-300VM. It remains to be seen what other portions of the S-300VM/VMK designs will migrate into the S-300V4. The term “deep modernisation” in Russian literature can often mean almost complete replacement of most of a legacy design. It is likely that the S-300V4 upgrade will be designated by NATO as an SA-23 system.

S-300V-VM-Radar-Params-2011-F.png

9K81/9K81-1/9K81M / /SA-12/SA-23 Giant/Gladiator / CамоходныйЗенитный Ракетный Комплекс 9К81/9К81-1/9К81М / Антей 2500

If i could rate you i would, but i think i can't because i'm new, do you know when i will be able to rate ? i just joined today

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom