What's new

Effect of Libyan Airstrikes on MRCA Deal ?

KS

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
India
With all the three top contenders of the MRCA - Super Hornet (from the Carrier Groups), Rafale and EFT set to take part in the Libyan War, I think the IAF will be licking its fingers and waiting for the perfomance of these fighters and maybe they can even play a decisive role in deciding the fate of the competition.

What say ppl ?

But we could see the A2G strikes - they have plenty of armored cars,tanks etc to test on.

It is the issue of A2G that is the sticking point between Rafale and EFT as everyone acknowledges EFT is the better A2A platform.

Its very difficult to ascertain as to which plane has done what.

Apart from Rafale and Typhoon, there are also Tornadoes and Mirages out there.

How can we come to know as to how which targets have been taken out by which plane?

But we could see the A2G strikes - they have plenty of armored cars,tanks etc to test on.

It is the issue of A2G that is the sticking point between Rafale and EFT as everyone acknowledges EFT is the better A2A platform.

i read the news article today on canadian web, they said RAF deployed typhoon and tornado for A2A and A2G repectively. so we wont be seing typhoon in A2G missions.... and libya barely have any air supriority fighter to compete with typhoon.
bottom line is typhoon probably will perform CAP missions but wont be engaging or destroying any ground targets, and probably will not see any air combat either...

I don't think there is any A2A combat going to happen in Libya...!

With all the three top contenders of the MRCA - Super Hornet (from the Carrier Groups), Rafale and EFT set to take part in the Libyan War, I think the IAF will be licking its fingers and waiting for the perfomance of these fighters and maybe they can even play a decisive role in deciding the fate of the competition.
I think decision is almost done but since nothing is revealed an extra ordinary performance by a non selected fighter might make MOD and IAF to rethink on their decision.

LAF has got 20-25 Mig-21s.

Dont you think, it is better to engage in the air and give a fight rather than destroyed in the ground?

Well, They are trying to prove their Aircrafts...
We should take note which can do most damage to Libya....
Already french jets have destroyed tanks...
We should consider the best..

I don’t think so….Libyan Air Force is in very bad shape most of them are not in proper working condition
So there is no action pack for us to technically evaluate.its like maruti800 vs ferrari

I don’t think so….Libyan Air Force is in very bad shape most of them are not in proper working condition
So there is no action pack for us to technically evaluate.its like maruti800 vs ferrari

except in this case Maruti800 works.

How shameful.... there are deaths of civilians in Tripoli and perhaps this is the only objective of inidan army and airforce to target civilians in India and beyond.

Yes good test bombing civilians.. perhaps now US have to chip in with hornet to compete with Rafael.

Shame on Arabs who keep company with indians....

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom