What's new

Education spending

Hey folks,
So as recent budget has been passed. I was thinking of discussion regarding budget fixed for education and how it's allocated and comparison with other countries espacially our regional countries. Also if could compare the budget allocation of last 5 years,we can see if any improvement is made or not. Education is the most important sector in any country yet it is ignored and if we keep on ignoring our education system and how government is actually utilising the budget since last few years(sadly much is unutilised)we can not expect our nation to progress. So i'll encourage all of my fellow members to participate in this discussion and also provide sources for confirmation of statistics. I'll be sharing info too some of which is quite alarming too.
@@Indus Pakistan @Indus Priest King @Pan-Islamic-Pakistan @war&peace @Saif al-Arab@HannibalBarca @Ahmad Sajjad Paracha @Ahmet Pasha @iqbal Ali @newb3e @AfrazulMandal @Zuraib Qasit Khan Deccani @Luffy 500 @M.R.9 @Kambojaric @Army research @Champion_Usmani @Clutch@Areesh @Zibago@django @Horus @Mentee @maximuswarrior @Imran Khan @Reichsmarschall@Talwar e Pakistan @ThanatosI @Windjammer @RiazHaq @WebMaster @TMA @DESERT FIGHTER@Desert Fox @waz@Mugwop @Albatross @RealNapster @Dalit @Ocean @Starlord @hussain0216@AZADPAKISTAN2009 @Azadkashmir @Taimoor Khan @Cobra Arbok

I find it difficult to calculate the exact spending as federal budget and provincial budget both contribute to education. Judging by the output its clearly not enough or not well spent.

I'm surprised at the amount of people pointing fingers at India and suggesting thier example is a reason not to spend more on education.

1. India is not perfect but aspects of it are a great example. Its churning out educated people who are getting jobs abroad. The jobless IT professionals came before Infosys and TCS. If you want to create industry - you can't do it with donkeys.

2. 40% of our population are illiterate. Would you trust someone to operate machinery in a factory who cannot read a warning sign? Who cannot fill out a time card?

3. Lots of you are associating education with economics alone. Think of the wider societal benefit. If people could read comfortably and knew how to teach themselves they would not be so reliant on politicians, mullahs, TV and other means of manipulation.

Same thing my parents tell me.I am 17 and one thing I have noticed is that school's are the most profitable businessess.
This won't be changing anytime soon unless public schools step up their game. Improvement in public schools will have many benefits. One of these benefits is that it will force private schools to step up their game as currently private schools face no competition, this will be a win-win situation for the public.

Last edited:
Is he studying O/A levels or Federal board? If he is studying O/A levels then he doesn't have to go to any school, he should straight up skip grade 8(O1), O1 is a waste of time. Send him to a reputable private tuition instead of a school. This is not only a cost effective solution but this will also reduces the amount of stress and allow him more time for past paper practice. Reducing alcohol consumption will also help ease some of your financial stress as alcohol is quite expensive.

You're stopping the man from drowning his sorrows. Cruel people. :p:
This won't be changing anytime soon unless public schools step up their game. Improvement in public schools will have many benefits. One of these benefits is that it will force private schools to step up their game as currently private schools face no competition, this will be win-win situation for the public.

This is why we need increased education budgets, so that state schools can provide an actual decent quality education.

Is he studying O/A levels or Federal board? If he is studying O/A levels then he doesn't have to go to any school, he should straight up skip grade 8(O1), O1 is a waste of time. Send him to a reputable private tuition instead of a school. This is not only a cost effective solution but this will also reduces the amount of stress and allows him more time for past paper practice. Reducing alcohol consumption will also help ease some of your financial stress as alcohol is quite expensive.
Yup same O1 or IG1 is a waste of time and doing Igcse or O level privately is even better.

Hey folks,
So as recent budget has been passed. I was thinking of discussion regarding budget fixed for education and how it's allocated and comparison with other countries espacially our regional countries. Also if could compare the budget allocation of last 5 years,we can see if any improvement is made or not. Education is the most important sector in any country yet it is ignored and if we keep on ignoring our education system and how government is actually utilising the budget since last few years(sadly much is unutilised)we can not expect our nation to progress. So i'll encourage all of my fellow members to participate in this discussion and also provide sources for confirmation of statistics. I'll be sharing info too some of which is quite alarming too.
@@Indus Pakistan @Indus Priest King @Pan-Islamic-Pakistan @war&peace @Saif al-Arab@HannibalBarca @Ahmad Sajjad Paracha @Ahmet Pasha @iqbal Ali @newb3e @AfrazulMandal @Zuraib Qasit Khan Deccani @Luffy 500 @M.R.9 @Kambojaric @Army research @Champion_Usmani @Clutch@Areesh @Zibago@django @Horus @Mentee @maximuswarrior @Imran Khan @Reichsmarschall@Talwar e Pakistan @ThanatosI @Windjammer @RiazHaq @WebMaster @TMA @DESERT FIGHTER@Desert Fox @waz@Mugwop @Albatross @RealNapster @Dalit @Ocean @Starlord @hussain0216@AZADPAKISTAN2009 @Azadkashmir @Taimoor Khan @Cobra Arbok

From 6.7 billion for education in 2012-13 budget, KP have progressed to a level that now we have 236 billion (206 + 30) allocated for education just in KP.

6.7 billion out of a budget of 303 billion is 2.21%. now 236 billion out of budget of 1118 billion is 21.1%. KP saw its education budget increasing from 2.2% in 2012 to 21.1% in 2021.

We can only spend that much on education, you can not allocate 50% of budget to education only. PTI led KP government increased budget too much in initial years but was unable to spend it all because the education sector was unable to absorb all that spending. Now it can. KP also spend 14% of its budget on health (142 billion + 23 billion for Sehat card) . So 35% of our budget is already going to health and education. You can only spare that much for it. Increase further and you risk ignoring other important sectors like development.

Though I would like to see KP increase higher education allocation from 30 billion to atleast 50 billion as many universities of KP are facing financial crunches and could not even pay salaries.

skilled(labor) jobs aren't paid as much here. There, they have equality of pay, untill you change the system and introduce equla pay, close the wealth gap, its pointless. Udher, appointment lainey parti hai pipe theek karwanay k liye, izzat hoti hai, idher pipe theek karnay waly ko 300 Rs hi milta hai....

qualified professional skill against just street skill big difference.

Is he studying O/A levels or Federal board? If he is studying O/A levels then he doesn't have to go to any school, he should straight up skip grade 8(O1), O1 is a waste of time. Send him to a reputable private tuition instead of a school. This is not only a cost effective solution but this will also reduces the amount of stress and allows him more time for past paper practice. Reducing alcohol consumption will also help ease some of your financial stress as alcohol is quite expensive.
he is 6 years old kid sir his education expenses crossing 50k per month :cry:
Same thing my parents tell me.I am 17 and one thing I have noticed is that school's are the most profitable businessess.
its true back then my education expenses were 200-300 per month my father can send school his all 7 kinds . now i have one kid and i think its robbery . just tell me what is the porpuse of paying lakhs of rupees for a kid 6 or 10 or 15 years ? he is not in university for god sake .

I am planning to home school my son till primary. School me jaaky aaj kal bachy gaalian seek rahy Hy, excuses sek rahy, concept naam ki koi cheez parae ni jati, Ulta mental growth ko temper Kar dety ye school waly. Kacha zehn school ni bejna chaahye, bacha Ka zehan paka karky usko school bejy. Taky wo apny new environment se koi buri cheez na pick kary.

its true back then my education expenses were 200-300 per month my father can send school his all 7 kinds . now i have one kid and i think its robbery . just tell me what is the porpuse of paying lakhs of rupees for a kid 6 or 10 or 15 years ? he is not in university for god sake .

Why don't you setup a brewing facility? Teach the learned skills to him what your learnt.

Alcohol consumption is likely to go up in Pakistan.
my wife want it sir . its ridiclus amount .you know my entire educational expeses were less then his 1 year education fee .

Where is his freedom of choice?

its true back then my education expenses were 200-300 per month my father can send school his all 7 kinds . now i have one kid and i think its robbery . just tell me what is the porpuse of paying lakhs of rupees for a kid 6 or 10 or 15 years ? he is not in university for god sake

Universities are less expensive than schools. My MS degree from NUST cost me just 5 lakh. Itne me apka bacha class 1 Kar jay ga just :rofl: .. my 10th class fee was just 850 per month in a really good and famous private school.

The solution would be to scrap the direct induction of any tom dick and harry into civil service and instead reserve the prime provincial and federal bureaucratic slots strictly for the phd's/ professionals on contract basis.

In other words only the master and not the jack gets to hold the danda .This way we could not only put the civil service back on track but could also effectively build a scientific temper among the Pakistanis .

Only if i could give you a positive rating for saying this.

Yup same O1 or IG1 is a waste of time and doing Igcse or O level privately is even better.
Exactly, I only started seriously studying 5 months before my O levels exams and I aced them. However, people please don't do anything like this in A levels, A levels is 10 times harder than O levels.

Wtf! I used spend less than Rs.30,000 per month on my A level studies and I finished my A levels this year. You are getting robbed, what kind of elite school is your son going to?

Back
Top Bottom