ECP concludes probe into NA-68 rigging allegations

Devil Soul

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
ECP concludes probe into NA-68 rigging allegations
Dawn.com
ISLAMABAD: The Election Commission of Pakistan (ECP) on Wednesday concluded its probe into allegations that polling for NA-68 (Sargodha) had been rigged, DawnNews reported.

According to the probe, on a polling station number for the constituency, Nawaz Sharif secured 779 out of the total 1500 votes polled but these were written as 7879.

Sources told DawnNews that the probe suggested a huge difference between the results given by the returning and presiding officers.

The Election Commission of Pakistan has said that the differences in the numbers of votes was due to a typing mistake.

Additional Secretary ECP Syed Sher Afghan said the difference in figures was due to the typist's mistake, adding that the ECP did not need to call a meeting in this case.

No more than the total number of registered votes were polled, he said, adding that no further probe was needed to be held in the matter.

The election commission will further probe as to whether the difference in the number of votes was the result of a mistake or deliberately done.

The matter will be taken up at a meeting of the ECP tomorrow.

Pakistan Tehreek-i-Insaf (PTI) chief Imran Khan had alleged rigging in NA-68, a seat won by Prime Minister Sharif in the May 11 general elections and retained by his party in the bye-elections held on Aug 22 last year.

Khan had alleged that over 100 per cent votes were polled at polling station number 246 in NA-68 constituency. He claimed that over 8,000 votes were polled while the number of registered voters was around 1,500.

Sharif won the 2013 polls from NA-68 with a huge margin. He secured 140,546 votes while his closest rival Noor Hayat Kalyar of PTI could bag only 45,463 votes followed by Syed Nusrat Ali Shah of PPP who secured 21,395 votes.

Former secretary ECP Kunwar Dilshad said election results were tampered with, adding that rigging was made possible through collusion with the presiding and returning officers.

Dilshad added that if any more of Khan's allegations turned out to be true, questions would be raised over the vaidity of the parliament.

Last edited:
Crow is white "Kan chita aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa". If PTI loose thousand times it will never ever accept the defeat, 7879 was typed against 779 but it was not counted in total vote count. yar meray PTI walay bhaio difference b/w Winner and Runner up was 95000+ votes. IK is very good person but some advisers of him are just ....... believe me IK is decision k bad un ke achi tareekay say thukai ker raha ho ga.:p:
@Armstrong @Akheilos @Tameem @SeanShah1003 @hasnain0099 @davilsoul @AdeelFaheem @xyxmt

Crow is white "Kan chita aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa". If PTI loose thousand times it will never ever accept the defeat, 7879 was typed against 779 but it was not counted in total vote count. yar meray PTI walay bhaio difference b/w Winner and Runner up was 95000+ votes. IK is very good person but some advisers of him are just ....... believe me IK is decision k bad un ke achi tareekay say thukai ker raha ho ga.:p:
@Armstrong @Akheilos @Tameem @SeanShah1003 @hasnain0099 @davilsoul @AdeelFaheem @xyxmt
They just need to make me election commissioner as I am not in fav of any particular party ...

:p: Then your fate will be not different from X EC. As a neutral umpire what is your point of view?
1) I dont believe the elections were fair...were they fair, sooo much crap wouldnt be coming up..

2) I think there should be a nation wide re-election and this time for God sakes allow those abroad to cast their votes too!! Soo many flew in last time to give IK or Mushy a vote....

3) Or at least allow re election in each station which was found to have "error"

4) Those who did these "error" should be sacked at once...This is a question of National politics not your ghar ki aamndani!

1) I dont believe the elections were fair...were they fair, sooo much crap wouldnt be coming up..

2) I think there should be a nation wide re-election and this time for God sakes allow those abroad to cast their votes too!! Soo many flew in last time to give IK or Mushy a vote....

3) Or at least allow re election in each station which was found to have "error"

4) Those who did these "error" should be sacked at once...This is a question of National politics not your ghar ki aamndani!
I am agree with your points 2,3 & 4 and partially with point No. 1. But its just a propaganda that "All" the elections are rigged. We choose our leader and we will not allow to play with the sentiments of Millions & Millions of voters who cast their vote for their choice. B/w l like IK's personality but not his party, junk of poor advisers, no experience just "Biyan Baazi" and ..........

Did you read the "Hero or Zero" thread or "YDP protest in KPK"?.

I am agree with your points 2,3 & 4 and partially with point No. 1. But its just a propaganda that "All" the elections are rigged. We choose our leader and we will not allow to play with the sentiments of Millions & Millions of voters who cast their vote for their choice. B/w l like IK's personality but not his party, junk of poor advisers, no experience just "Biyan Baazi" and ..........

Did you read the "Hero or Zero" thread or "YDP protest in KPK"?.

I agree I hate the party poopers...He said they wont tolerate garbage bt ended up taking up the garbage of other parties....

No I did not read hero or zero nor YDP protest in KPK

No time to read just deep threads...

Chutia banata hain sala. Cholo bari baat ha itna to maan lia kah error tha yahni Imran Khan sahi kah raha tha, aga rah gai baat kah yeh clerical mistake ha to abb yeh haram khor khain be kya. 35 puncture awain nahi laga.

Back
Top Bottom