What's new

Economic superpower faked stats for years

and yet Japanese loans fed China in 1990s

dont bite the hand that feeds you
Bussiness is bussiness, they have benefit hundred billion dollars if not trillion from Chinese market, btw, not going to talk about japanese debt trap this time like you always do?
PS: You must have clicked this post with joy and think the title was about China, no comment on japanese this time?

and yet Japanese loans fed China in 1990s

dont bite the hand that feeds you
They loan? They killed so many Chinese and this loan are not even enough for Interest of the payback required. We don't owe them anything. UK still owe us money for force selling opium in China.

So much of your human right and great Britain.

To be fair, there is no point of demolish your infrastructure every year just because you want new ones.

actually that is exactly what Japan does: demolish their infrastructure periodically because it isn't built to last and they want new ones.

The OP title is slightly tricky, I admit. Some might have come to the thread with high expectations and then left heart-broken. LOL.

Last edited:
They loan? They killed so many Chinese and this loan are not even enough for Interest of the payback required. We don't owe them anything. UK still owe us money for force selling opium in China.

So much of your human right and great Britain.

Great leap backward killed more Chinese than imperial Japanese did

Back to topic, apparently this is only some small construction companies overcounting, and it will not affect Japan's GDP much.

I speculate that this is more Kishida wanting to get the Abe faction in line, the last 8 years were under Shinzo Abe's admin.
Troubling times ahead for Japan if Abe faction isn't dealt with.

Economic superpower faked stats for years
16 Dec, 2021 13:01
View attachment 801479
© Getty Images / ooyoo

The Japanese government has tampered with official statistics for years, the country’s prime minister has admitted. It's a blow to the credibility of data that investors rely on and brings into question Japan's claimed GDP.
Prime Minister Fumio Kishida confirmed on Wednesday allegations made by the Asahi Shimbun newspaper that for years, the government overstated the value of some construction orders received from building companies.
The newspaper reported that the infrastructure ministry instructed local government officials to inflate construction contract figures for the past eight years, a possibly illegal act that may have distorted key economic statistics of the world's third largest economy.

The Asahi Shimbun cites several ministry sources as saying that about 10,000 reports were rewritten every year.

It is regrettable that such a thing has happened,” said the prime minister, promising to examine what steps could be taken to avoid such an incident from happening again.

The government has announced it will set up a third-party committee to investigate the misreporting of the data and present the findings within a month.

According to the Ministry of Land, Infrastructure, Transport and Tourism, total construction contracts in 2020 reached 79.598 trillion yen ($700 billion).

The scandal has led to some opposition lawmakers questioning the validity of the government's economic policy, as the rewritten data is used to estimate Japan's gross domestic product (GDP).

Economy Minister Daishiro Yamagiwa, however, downplayed the concerns, saying any impact on GDP data was likely to be small.

Doubts about government statistics were raised in Japan before, when a flaw was discovered in the health ministry’s wage data in 2018.

https://www.rt.com/business/543385-economic-superpower-faked-stats/

This Japanese fraud is nothing in comparison with US fraud. You ain't seen nothing yet.
US market is going to crash next year.

Don't worry there is even a much bigger thief and liar than Japan. And this thief and liar is INDIA who actually invented the art of FAKED GDP data !! On paper these liar indians are a superpower but in actually reality there are a big sewer dump !! :lol: :lol:

actually that is exactly what Japan does: demolish their infrastructure periodically because it isn't built to last and they want new ones.

"What the statistic really means is that the average age of a house in Japan when it is torn down is 30 years. Older houses still standing are not included in the equation. Some experts think the average Japanese wooden home can last up to 65 years, it just depends on whether or not the owner takes care of it."

GDP can be rigged perfectly legally and impeccably . The US uses Expenditure Approach while China uses Production (Output) Approach. I was an economics students and then I was wondering how can 2 formula of calculating GDP align with one another?

All my economics teacher tried to convince me both approach are the same.

I give you an example.

In US, you can set up a website and report your money laundering activities as expenditure. It will be tabulated in GDP. Many website reports hundreds of millions of sink cost. You do not have to produce things.

In China you got to produce a goods, then it can be enter into GDP.

I am sure US GDP is very rigged.

Well at least a retard like you agreed to whatever he is saying and resorted to ridiculing his country which is your 'ally' when you can't deny it. At least he doesn't need to pretend to be white... C uuuu rr yyuyy

LOL! I'm sure you spend hours chatting with the Indians here about both your long traditions of working oxen teams barefoot in the paddyfield muck...plus your obvious shared Asian love of curry, cowpies and urine.

Chinese = Indian..
Indian = Chinese.

What's the difference between you two again? I can't tell because you talk about the same stuff all the time.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom