What's new

ECC grants Rs 7bn loan for Jacobabad airbase upgrade

I thought Shahbaz Airbase in Jacobabad was being used by the US? And the US Military stopped Pak Army from entering the base some time ago. Stopping our own Army in our own country, it's unbelievable.

I suppose even if the American have left Jacobabad, they must already have done extensive construction and repair work at Jacobabad and that's why it's now being converted into a main operating airbase. Otherwise, Rs. 7 billion is not enough money for the kind of facilities we are hearing about.

I thought Shahbaz Airbase in Jacobabad was being used by the US? And the US Military stopped Pak Army from entering the base some time ago. Stopping our own Army in our own country, it's unbelievable.

I suppose even if the American have left Jacobabad, they must already have done extensive construction and repair work at Jacobabad and that's why it's now being converted into a main operating airbase. Otherwise, Rs. 7 billion is not enough money for the kind of facilities we are hearing about.

Corruption na ho to 5 billion would suffice. We can get anything we want from China at 1/3rd cost than it would be available elsewhere. Its not the availability of resources that makes one rich, its use of it that matters the most.

Before making accusations and self thought analysis, would be better to first see what is the requirement on ground, why is such huge amount of money needed, what is gonna be made and what is going to be stationed there requiring such infrastructure modifications.

Such places needs a lot of infrastructure, especially lot of cement and steel to make hardened structures, pens, underground structures and other stuff.

And this amount is put up after a thorough planning and feasibility reports, which are presented to concerned authorities for approval.

Plus, don't understand what China has to do anything with Jacoabad airbase or its infrastructure.

does anyone has old Google World/Map image of Shahbaz Airbase of time when it was under US control. only interested to see what sort of infrastructure they built there. please dont post the new image as we all know how it look like. many thanks

if i am not mistaken then US still runs the jacocabad airbase! so i don't understand what this commotion of upgrading is all about! when clearly that base has since the cold war era been kept as a US launching pad!

anyhow going with the theory that we are developing this airbase for our BLK52s i think it has more to do with india's cold start strategy by which indian army main thrust will come from rajhistan and into sindh!

if i am not mistaken then US still runs the jacocabad airbase! so i don't understand what this commotion of upgrading is all about! when clearly that base has since the cold war era been kept as a US launching pad!

anyhow going with the theory that we are developing this airbase for our BLK52s i think it has more to do with india's cold start strategy by which indian army main thrust will come from rajhistan and into sindh!

Jacoabad Air Base is no more under US use, they are gone from there, its been years.

PAF is expanding its options and Jacoabad being at a very critical area, right nearly in the middle of Pakistan makes it a perfect place to station Blk 52s, and hopefully JF-17s or FC-20s in future and even Chances of an AEW&C Sqd to be stationed.

I guess a more important point in this whole discussion is the transparency in information sharing. Most of the time our government and military are not truthful when it comes to the level of military relationship and cooperation with the US, until the media leaks it. The matter is sensitive, agree, but learning from a third party makes it even more miserable and the first thought that comes to mind is that the US is taking over (or has taken over) our country. And this really hurts the image of Pakistan govt and military in the minds of people.
The Shamsis, the Jacobabads, the Dalbadins, the drone attacks are all classic examples of disinformation and thinking of our public as idiots.

it is mentioned that the money has come as a loan.

what does loan imply here?

the Air Force is supposed to survive on the money from the govt, how will it pay back the loan?

SO how are they going to bring the aircraft up, like those special platforms in aircraft carriers?

Firstly congrats :tup: secondly its not quite like the Aircraft carrier , they do it to save space. We have a underground base in Bariely (UP) for years which is not open to public and no pic is available, an underground base should look like this .........

it is mentioned that the money has come as a loan.

what does loan imply here?

the Air Force is supposed to survive on the money from the govt, how will it pay back the loan?

The loan would be a govt gtee loan arranged from different banks, as PAF needs this money on urgent basis to start the construction (which already has started).

This was a separate request other then the budget allowed, having no room for such huge project.

So PAF will give back the money in coming years from its budget allocation.

Countries in Middle East and Africa with constant temperatures with 100+ have open space bases without the weather disrupting their operations. At forward bases, during hostilities because of their locations the QRA is always the main focus hence under ground storage would not meet the desired deterrence. Underground bunkers are usually to protect your reserved assets and are placed away from the front line.

Back
Top Bottom