What's new

EATING PAKISTANI FOOD FOR THE FIRST TIME ft. TEENS REACT CAST

Hardly 40 mins from swabi... midway between Nowshehra and Peshawar... also got fresh fish caught from River Kabul.. which flows behind the "resturant"..

River view Restaurant... You talking about. " i think so"... wesy ye Pakrty nahe hoty, fish farms se he laaty hay freezer me rakhy hoty hay. River Kabul me Fish ab lagbag napaid ho gaye hay.

Wesy kabhe moqa mila to Taru jabba me Rambeel (owner's name) kay chapli kabab try karna. Ye aik chota town hay, Nowshera or Peshawar kay bech me aata hay.

Mara hamko Pakhtu nahi ata tha unko urdu nahi bara mushkil sey order diya jahan sey ham ney khaya swabi mein :D
@RealNapster

kamaal hay. intehaa darjy ka unparh pathan b ho phir b usko thori boht urdu aati he aati hay. tumhy koi master piece he mily hongy.

River view Restaurant... You talking about. " i think so"... wesy ye Pakrty nahe hoty, fish farms se he laaty hay freezer me rakhy hoty hay. River Kabul me Fish ab lagbag napaid ho gaye hay.

Wesy kabhe moqa mila to Taru jabba me Rambeel (owner's name) kay chapli kabab try karna. Ye aik chota town hay, Nowshera or Peshawar kay bech me aata hay.

kamaal hay. intehaa darjy ka unparh pathan b ho phir b usko thori boht urdu aati he aati hay. tumhy koi master piece he mily hongy.
I was also talkingt about the dhaba bro... near pabbi.

That's what Falsa's are called in English? If so, I have to agree with lastofthepatriots. Very tasty:happy:. Both red and blackcurrants actually grow pretty well around here. Berries and roots generally do nicely in the colder climate of Scandinavia though, they just take a bit more time to develop.

Blackcurrant pie (Juodųjų serbentų pyragas) anyone - ?

1280px-Juoduju_serbentu_pyragas.JPG

Blackcurrant cordial (Solbærsaft) is pretty popular too.

6a9420f3635d8a741134634c3fef6cec.jpg

Yar!! Them's fightin words:taz:!!!

Yeah, ok. I'll give you that one. But Lingonberries make for a killer cocktail.

12293861373362_lingonberrycocktail.JPG

There simply isn't any translation for falsa and jamun in English. They don't exist naturally outside the sub-continent.

Ah, thanks. Well he was wrong, I definitely don't care for dates. They're one of very few fruits I don't like. Berries are the best, a staple of breakfast and dessert foods in Norway. Does Pakistani cuisine have many berries?

I had a berry creampuff for breakfast today.
View attachment 409994

You'll find them on almost anything though. We really love our berries.
View attachment 409995

I've tried elder berry juice. Mmmmmmmmm. So subtle. It's like it's whispering to your tongue!!!!!

Just out of curiosity, how many Michelin star Pakistani restaurants are out there?!
With the word "best" being thrown around like haloween candy, hope the world has recognized this feat by Pakistanis.
Or is this like one of those, world best on PDF type deals?! lol

Chapal kabab ka koyi fan hay yahan?
delicious-chappal-kebab-9518.jpg
Aesa Wesa!!

As i was saying, you cannot rate biryani, Chapli Kabab, Tandoor Tikka, Saji, Namak Ghosht, Mutton Karahi, Beef NIhari, Beef Haleem, Seekh Kabab etc etc, one OVER another! They are all top notch and the best food ever in the world :D

NOOOOO
Bahi Clack Currant is TOTALLY DIFFERENT!!

No, he is wrong, Falsa is different from Black Currant. TOTALLY DIFFERENT.

Actually Falsa is called Grewia Fruit in English. :)
Sometimes it is also refered to as PHALSA but it do have a proper English name as mentioned in above line.

Here it is @Excalibørk
569a4a5120d24e6292e6f3378706ce1105c89f0d.jpg

Phalsa-1401.jpeg

It is native to South Asia and is cultivated in Pakistan, India and Cambodia.

On topic, @Zibago nice share.

Just like the guys in the video, it is really difficult to rate the food we have as what is the best. It is difficult for me. :)

I mean, how can you choose one of Biryani, Beef Nihari, Beef Haleem, Mutton Saji, Tandoori Tika, Namak Ghost, Chapl Kabab, PayeMutton Pulao, Seekh Kabab or even Samosa and rate it above the other? :lol:

And this is just to name a few. Our food is the best, have eaten it with people from so many countries, Irish, German, British, American, South African, French, Australian, Romanian, Turkish and may be a few others that i missed, they were all hooked!! Foreigners specially love our curries and BBQ Tikka (all forms) and you just cannot blame them. :)

This is for falsa @CriticalThought

Jamun is called Java Plum. :)
1-java-plum.jpg

NOOOOO
Bahi Clack Currant is TOTALLY DIFFERENT!!

No, he is wrong, Falsa is different from Black Currant. TOTALLY DIFFERENT.

Actually Falsa is called Grewia Fruit in English. :)
Sometimes it is also refered to as PHALSA but it do have a proper English name as mentioned in above line.

Here it is @Excalibørk
569a4a5120d24e6292e6f3378706ce1105c89f0d.jpg

Phalsa-1401.jpeg

It is native to South Asia and is cultivated in Pakistan, India and Cambodia.

On topic, @Zibago nice share.

Just like the guys in the video, it is really difficult to rate the food we have as what is the best. It is difficult for me. :)

I mean, how can you choose one of Biryani, Beef Nihari, Beef Haleem, Mutton Saji, Tandoori Tika, Namak Ghost, Chapl Kabab, PayeMutton Pulao, Seekh Kabab or even Samosa and rate it above the other? :lol:

And this is just to name a few. Our food is the best, have eaten it with people from so many countries, Irish, German, British, American, South African, French, Australian, Romanian, Turkish and may be a few others that i missed, they were all hooked!! Foreigners specially love our curries and BBQ Tikka (all forms) and you just cannot blame them. :)

This is for falsa @CriticalThought

Jamun is called Java Plum. :)
1-java-plum.jpg

Taru Jabba main road pa ha yeh Kabab wala? On road from Noshera to Peshawar?
Mein na Takht Bahi sa khai han kuch dafa, but i always found a small dhabba in my own area near Taxila must better. Unchi Dukan peekha pakwan i guess. Yeh Taxila wala was right next to our colony, har week wahan gy hoty they hum dost sb, good old times. :) Yahan Faisalabad mein tu AIL BHE OPTION NI HA chapli Kabab ke, ABSOLUTELY NOT. Even Lahore mein dhang ka kabab ni milty!

:angry: ... My stomach is rumbling now! Curse you all.

All mentioned foods are yum. Biryani is great but whole spices annoy me so before diving in I remove them ALL! That minute is a torture.

Yakhni Pulao should be on the menu every single day!!

I hate you guys ... Why did I come to this thread ... Starving now!

Back
Top Bottom