What's new

Dwindling quality of the threads

One more thing, there are many double threads and threads which contain question that have already been asked, an example can be "how to join the military" if i am not wrong every second day we find such threads, though i reply to them but i also encourage them to search the forums to get the tonnes of info already available or atleast someone should merge those threads so that ALL the info is available at one place, may be a separate section to this can be made. So any new inquirer should be directed towards that section.

Cant we have Frequently asked Questions(FAQ)thread for that? ;)

Last edited:
For many one line posters, who have nothing much to say but to just send a emoticon or word with their lame sarcasm.
we need to have an - POLL thread. where they can simply vote their self and make merry with their one liners.

-----------
FAQ; idea is good. i totally agree we should have a FAQ - thread
and in same thread we can out basic - info about certain fighters. so people restrain from making new thread - like - which is better - F16 or su mk1
etc.
we already have all that info - we just need to post it.
----------------------------
On a second thought yes -we might have limited our self with - number of technical data, but we are still posting good. i dont see decline in quality of posts yes technical data is not much now a days.
since most of the members here have a good knowledge of technical data.
and i dont really see people requesting for any specific data .. to answer their query i bet many people have all this up their sleeves.

Good suggestions so far. I like the idea of having a separate group for those who serviced/service in the military.

As for the things like threads.. Mods are working on that. I am sure this will improve very quickly.

This is generosity of the forum that it makes you 2nd lieutenant in very first day. To date … I’ve become captain and Lord Almighty knows I really deserve it or not. You see there is no such rank below officer’s lineage, and being an officer means being more responsible. If this forum gives so much honor, in return it demands the same response.

Ever single day I learn many new things here. If I do things wrong, seniors correct me and this is beauty of learning process. But… this all is possible when I am part of this forum. If I am out, I am nothing.

Until you’re in stream, you move forward. Here, I remember poetry of Dr. Allama Iqbal…

Fard kaim rabt-e-millat say hai tanha kuch nahi

Mauj hai darya mein or beron-e-darya kuch nahi​

A large No us simply paste articles from the net, give it a sensational sounding title and step aside.

The rest of us either ignore it or get into a slugging match depending on our knowledge on the subject or nationalities.

I was wondering if it were possible to have a sort of mandatory write up for those who start a thread by merely replicating / pasting news stories . This could include a line or two of the motive for starting the thread... is it to ;

1.Inform all of us of a new development / angle to the story or to incite, agitate.

2.To educate us on something (new).

3. Pull out something from the archives which would be of interest to all.

4. Just for the heck of it.

This need not apply to threads started by members by writing out things / their views themselves.

Perusal of the No of threads with no replies will validate the point I am attempting to make. Lastly, it may save bandwidth too.

@WebMaster Merging the many duplicate threads on Pakistan raising the issue of Indian violations of the ceasefire in the UN/P5 would help.

Back
Top Bottom