What's new

Dutch backpacker tourist 'Nora' views about India and Pakistan which she visited

Nearly 15 months old video.
Also number of Dutch tourists who visited India in 2016: 90218
In same year some 14739 Dutch tourists visited Pakistan
You want them to divide it with the population of India and then start with the per capita numbers? :D

Do you want us to flood this forum with backpackers and traveller vlogs that praise india ?There are literally hundreds on you tube.Just a cheap and laughable thread.

Why are Indians so bothered about it?
When RAW can take off champions trophy final from web, than remove this one as well.

Good for her. I hope she never visits India again.
Yes she is not going back to India, as she said that in her video. She is a strong headed woman, I advised her to be very careful in India ....almost scared her off but she still wanted to take the risk and she did and I'm happy that she did because some people don't learn from other people's experiences, they want to commit their own and then she made the video "Good bye India" on her own and you can watch it in OP (first video)

Yes she is not going back to India, as she said that in her video. She is a strong headed woman, I advised her to be very careful in India ....almost scared her off but she still wanted to take the risk and she did and I'm happy that she did because some people don't learn from other people's experiences, they want to commit their own and then she made the video "Good bye India" on her own and you can watch it in OP (first video)

As I said good for her. In the meanwhile a million foreigners visited India this year and a million more will be added to the list in next decade.

And your video is just a cherry picking (wrt to India). I choose not to flood the thread with videos on India.
Anyway, nice video on Pakistan.

Any comparative video about India and Pakistan will pique lots of interest from both countries, it is more about Pakistan is safe and sound for a lone female foreign tourist, as the vibes Pakistan gets is mostly lopsided, mentioned by her in the first video.

This is just to pique the interest from both sides as this might be the reason she talked about India and Pakistan, knowing very well the two sides history, this is more about giving positive vibes to Pakistan...without demeaning India.

It also suggests northern areas of Pakistan is ideal for backpackers comparatively, unlike the perception.

Last edited:
Who needs more proof? This is a Western female who went to Pakistan all by herself. Not only did she enjoy her stay and hospitality of the people, it also left a positive impression. Surely Pakistan has many issues to deal with, but we are far from the monster the US portrays Pakistan to be.

The US and India can bark all day long and hate Pakistan for eternity. The truth cannot be hidden.

Who needs more proof? This is a Western female who went to Pakistan all by herself. Not only did she enjoy her stay and hospitality of the people, it also left a positive impression. Surely Pakistan has many issues to deal with, but we are far from the monster the US portrays Pakistan to be.

The US and India can bark all day long and hate Pakistan for eternity. The truth cannot be hidden.
I tell you when people are not paid of scared as she is, they tend to speak the truth and that's what she did. Dutch people are like that, they will tell you on your face, whether they like you or not without munching their words. Pakistan does not have many tourists for certain reasons but the ones who come here absolutely love the place and want to return.. I visited Pakistan with my Swedish friends and they generally loved despite some small issues and all of them wants to return and explore more places.

As I said good for her. In the meanwhile a million foreigners visited India this year and a million more will be added to the list in next decade.
Well, to be honest, a large number of the tourists who visit India do not want to return... on the other hand Pakistan has lower number of tourists but they have been very loyal and many have been returning to Pakistan for multiple years.

I tell you when people are not paid of scared as she is, they tend to speak the truth and that's what she did. Dutch people are like that, they will tell you on your face, whether they like you or not without munching their words. Pakistan does not have many tourists for certain reasons but the one who come here absolutely love the place and want to return.. I visited Pakistan with my Swedish friends and they generally loved despite some small issues and all of them wants to return and explore more places.

Yes that's true...she is a straightforward and no nonsense girl, good news that you visited Pakistan with your Swedish friends, it's more about word-of-mouth promotion and can have a force multiplier kind of effect. Many tourist desires to visit Pakistan again and again...more about the people(hospitality and generosity, respect) than just about the places.

BTW huge increase in foreign tourists to Pakistan and the domestic tourism is also surging. If you look at the per capita foreign tourist flow to Pakistan w.r.t population of India and Pakistan, the country is doing better actually. 2016 figure here is 1.75 million, must be more in 2017(foreign tourists).

Foreign tourists to Pakistan more than triple since 2013

59cea2ed68345.jpg

https://www.dawn.com/news/1360604

Why are Indians so bothered about it?
When RAW can take off champions trophy final from web, than remove this one as well.
Well, Indians have already tried multiple times but YouTube did not find any objection to be reasonable since everything genuine, her music, her video...there is copyright infringement, no violence or hate speech... Liking and disliking a place is every one's right so her video will stay rather her videos about Pakistan and doing fairly good. She even had problems in Iran as people poked her tent and an idiot guy hit her bike (I don't know if she made videos about it or not) but no such thing happened to her in Pakistan: all the way from Iranian border to Quetta and then Multan, Northern areas, Islamabad, Lahore.. A white girl alone on a bike in Pakistan ...staying in camps in random places...and stayed and felt totally safe and felt the hospitality of the people.

Goodbye India

Let me tell you about....Pakistan

So I traveled to Pakistan last year and it has left a big impression on me. I wanted to make this video because I feel like Pakistan has an underdog position and they can use some help showing the good sides of their country.

There are other vlogs of her about Pakistan and India, she visited India after visiting Pakistan and visited New Delhi and other areas of the country...

She is a backpacker and though she stayed in good hotels as well, she mostly backpacked and stayed in camps in mountains and other areas. She told about how hospitable the people of Pakistan were, and the mountains and the valleys are great and safe for even a lone female traveler. Can't fathom her dislike for India...seems like not an ideal country for backpackers.

Motorcycle riding in beautiful Pakistan

How much did the ISI pay her(!)

Well, Indians have already tried multiple times but YouTube did not find any objection to be reasonable since everything genuine, her music, her video...there is copyright infringement, no violence or hate speech... Liking and disliking a place is every one's right so her video will stay rather her videos about Pakistan and doing fairly good.

Didn't knew about it, how come you know they tried multiple times to remove that video. I have seen all her Vlogs about Pakistan and some of her visit to India. You are certainly a well informed person, good to hear this detailed description...vibes and views are very important in this information age.

One of her Vlog about 'A surprise in Hunza' has the most views about 0.45 million, posted here earlier.

Check this other thread about the German tourist 'Simon' visit to Pakistan visiting the farthest of north and many incredible never seen before areas.

https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/back...thern-areas-pakistan-intriguing-vlogs.550088/

Yes that's true...she is a straightforward and no nonsense girl, good news that you visited Pakistan with your Swedish friends, it's more about word-of-mouth promotion and can have a force multiplier kind of effect. Many tourist desires to visit Pakistan again and again...more about the people(hospitality and generosity, respect) than just about the places.

BTW huge increase in foreign tourists to Pakistan and the domestic tourism is also surging. If you look at the per capita foreign tourist flow to Pakistan w.r.t population of India and Pakistan, the country is doing better actually. 2016 figure here is 1.75 million, must be more in 2017(foreign tourists).

Foreign tourists to Pakistan more than triple since 2013

59cea2ed68345.jpg

https://www.dawn.com/news/1360604
Mate, in coming years there will be an explosion of foreign tourism in Pakistan the reason being the improved economic stability and peace. A lot of new infrastructure is being developed as part of the CPEC so from Gwader to Khunjerab will add a huge new route for tourists and they will be able to explore many areas in Balochistan which has been largely unexplored due to inaccessibility and security issues.. so rather we should be prepared for
handling to such a large of tourists in advance. Furthermore, we will get a very different class of tourists...mostly nature explorers, the backpackers. They are lively and convivial people so they will be a perfect match for the hosts - Pakistanis. And no sex-tourists (who normally go to Thailand, Bali etc, etc). It is good to keep our identity intact so we get a classy tourists only...not perverted predators.

Didn't knew about it,
We did internship together..

Didn't knew about it, how come you know they tried multiple times to remove that video. I have seen all her Vlogs about Pakistan and some of her visit to India. You are certainly a well informed person, good to hear this detailed description...vibes and views are very important in this information age.

One of her Vlog about 'A surprise in Hunza' has the most views about 0.45 million, posted here earlier.

Check this other thread about the German tourist 'Simon' visit to Pakistan visiting the farthest of north and many incredible never seen before areas.

https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/back...thern-areas-pakistan-intriguing-vlogs.550088/

SELF DELETE. Let Pakistanis enjoy their moment.

Last edited:
Great to hear so many loyal tourists for Pakistan. I hope your tourist industry exceeds mire than India's USD 30 B.

Very unlikely to exceed India's revenue...the thing is many tourist visits India and Pakistan as a package tour, other regional countries might be included.

It is more about the regional tourism which is increasing and it is a good sign for all the countries.

Mate, in coming years there will be an explosion of foreign tourism in Pakistan the reason being the improved economic stability and peace. A lot of new infrastructure is being developed as part of the CPEC so from Gwader to Khunjerab will add a huge new route for tourists and they will be able to explore many areas in Balochistan which has been largely unexplored due to inaccessibility and security issues.. so rather we should be prepared for
handling to such a large of tourists in advance. Furthermore, we will get a very different class of tourists...mostly nature explorers, the backpackers. They are lively and convivial people so they will be a perfect match for the hosts - Pakistanis. And no sex-tourists (who normally go to Thailand, Bali etc, etc). It is good to keep our identity intact so we get a classy tourists only...not perverted predators.

Yes that seems plausible and probable. One thing I have this in mind, Pakistan has got so much bad press, so much bad and concocted vibes in the intl' press that people started to knew about a country 'Pakistan'. There exist a country Pakistan somewhere in the world...

Though the vibes were bad, but it is kind of 'Badnaam hongay tau naam na hoga' kind of feeling...now all Pakistan needs is to put that over blown negative vibes into positive vibes. Even adventurer travelers will visit the Bin Laden compound in Abottabad and will visit the FATA areas and all that can be associated with 'wild west' kind of places, the earlier no go FATA areas of Pakistan.

Pakistan need to come up with a comprehensive, regional base, scientific tourism policy.

Back
Top Bottom