What's new

Durgapur in Bangladesh is surely most beautiful tourist spot

Medina was changed from Yathrub. Even Yathrub was fine and so is Mecca since the time of Ibrahim (A) because none of them are based on fictitious hindu gods. Hubal the biggest idol in Kabaa was removed exactly for this purpose.

Anyways, its your country, you can name the whole country durgadesh. I however, absolutely loath and abhor the slightest hindu essence in a muslim country and this my right to think that way.
All Arabs were as idolators as Indian Hindus before accepting Islam. They did not change their language or culture. They only accepted one God instead of many. However, sub-continent Muslims want to be Arabs and Persians.

No wonder, Arabs or Persians do not respect Muslims from this region. All the Arab countries and Iran have a better relationship with India than with BD or Pakistan.

We want to show off ourselves as something that we are not. But, Medina remains Medina and Mecca remains Mecca.

Last edited:
You sure your flags are correct?
Doesn't it help Bangladesh to have a secular character welcoming all Bengalis irrespective of hindu muslim? Bangladesh has a huge advantage by being for most part a single ethnicity state unlike India or Pakistan where there are ethnocentric politics and people politicize religion to create unity at mass.

My flags are correct. I am a secular Muslim Bangladeshi who is proud of his Hindu roots. We Bangladeshis are Bengalis. Our ethnic identity is derived from Hinduism. I consider myself as both Muslim by faith and Hindu by ethnicity. All Bangladeshis are same.
You are free to consider yourself a former Sudra, but it is not wise to tag all Bengali Muslims like the ones as you are. Please read and understand the political history of Bengal since the arrival of Turko-Afghan Muslims in 1203 AD under the leadership of Ikhtiearuddin Muhammed Bakhtiar Khaliji.

Read also the chronological history of Bengal from that time to the time of Siraj-ud-Dowlah's demise in June 1757 AD. So, do not please tag all of us in one Sudra group like you. You can say, however, that we are a mixed group of people.

Masha Allah,very beautiful.
I consider myself a secular too, I am proud of taxilla, IVC, the wider Indus culture that has been a part of the region for 1000s of years and no issues with modern day pakistanis Buddhist converts while minority hindu converts etc

But Kya ch**** hai yeh?, Why are you so pathetically trying to kiss someone a**?

Especially the highlighted stuff, it's like frickin embarrassing to read "Hindu by ethnicity"

I don't know what kind of secularism they have in Bangladesh, but this isn't it, this is mental capitulation

It seems the only way to be a secular is to Hinduize everything?

To see your response is a culture shock,

Pakistani seculars are probably more nationalist than the islamist whose only beef is religion but the liberal guy look at itself as a distinct entity

Just look at this forum lol, lots of our liberals are very nationalist more so than the islamists

But the kind of secularism y'all are pushing is to become as Indian/Hindu as humanly possible?
Bhai as a secularist,can you tell us the basis for our existence.Pakistan can never be able to exist without Islam.

Mohammad Ali Jinnah established Pakistan on the slogan of Islam.
May be you think Islam and Islamists are two different things😶

All Arabs were as idolators as Indian Hindus before accepting Islam. They did not change their language or culture. They only accepted one God instead of many. However, sub-continent Muslims want to be Arabs and Persians.

No wonder, Arabs or Persians do not respect Muslims from this region. All the Arab countries and Iran have a better relationship with India than with BD or Pakistan.

We want to show off ourselves as something that we are not. But, Medina remains Medina and Mecca remains Mecca.

Arab Mushriks didn't have divine books of God but Hindus do. Vedas are words of God. Geeta is verbatim words of Krishna, the Hindu God to his devotee Arjuna during Mahabharata war. Hindus worship many personified forms of one God.
If Allah willed he could have revealed Qur'an in India. Let Hindus follow Vedas, Puranas, Mahabharata, Ramayana, Geeta.

You can not say Arab Pagans and Hindus are same. Hindus worship Dev Devi in idol form but they call it deity worship, not idol worship.

Bangladesh or East Bengal was Hindu home before being converted to Islam by Arab traders and Mughal rulers.

Let's respect each other religion.

I fully agree. Lahore's name should be changed just like we changed amerkot to umerkot. Soon people will change it. Bangladesh a muslim country can show everyone the way.

Yes, our ancestors were hindus and we converted to islam just like arabs, turks, egyptians, persians and indonesians and threw out the worst caste system in human history. Thanks for reminding us our history of liberation.

Your country your rules.

However, I as a potential tourist do have a right to express my disgust at a hindu name. I would be honored to come to dhaka and visit places that reflect Muslim Bengal's culture. However, like I said, I do have the right to express my deepest hate for anything hindu.

The city Mymensingh was known as Momenshahi, but later became anglicized to Mymensingh and it stuck. So it just seems like the government and people are comfortable with the names for now.

Chittagong was known as Islamabad,
My flags are correct. I am a secular Muslim Bangladeshi who is proud of his Hindu roots. We Bangladeshis are Bengalis. Our ethnic identity is derived from Hinduism. I consider myself as both Muslim by faith and Hindu by ethnicity. All Bangladeshis are same. Bangla language use Brahmi lipi (Brahmi script). Brahmi script is Hindu script. We Bangladeshis and Indians are same people living in two countries because of nasty politics and religious riots during partition time.

Bangladesh is separate country but how can we ignore our Indian roots? Pakistan, India and Bangladesh are three countries but Pakistan has deep ethnic roots with North India and Bangladeshis have deep ethnic roots with Eastern India. We can not deny it.

How can you be Hindu by ethnicity when Bengal has been Muslim for the past 800 years or so? There is not one significant or minor practice of Hinduism in our culture as it stands today. From the time we became Buddhist - Hindu - Muslim is not great so what is a Bengali most associated to?
You don't see people belonging to the IVC claiming that they are the true Indians/Hindus or creators but here you are claiming something when our ethnicity only took shape a mere 500 years ago.

If you were a Muslim you would dare not to even call yourself a "Hindu by ethnicity".

Arab Mushriks didn't have divine books of God but Hindus do. Vedas are words of God. Geeta is verbatim words of Krishna, the Hindu God to his devotee Arjuna during Mahabharata war. Hindus worship many personified forms of one God.
If Allah willed he could have revealed Qur'an in India. Let Hindus follow Vedas, Puranas, Mahabharata, Ramayana, Geeta.

You can not say Arab Pagans and Hindus are same. Hindus worship Dev Devi in idol form but they call it deity worship, not idol worship.

Bangladesh or East Bengal was Hindu home before being converted to Islam by Arab traders and Mughal rulers.

Let's respect each other religion.
Lmao munafiq first answer my question, what is the meaning of shahada.

Yes, our ancestors were hindus and we converted to islam just like arabs, turks, egyptians, persians and indonesians and threw out the worst caste system in human history. Thanks for reminding us our history of liberation
Wrong. Islam flourished in Bengal because of Buddhist converts. Not Hindus. We Muslims are essentially merchants or ex Buddhist
Actually Dhaka also has Hindu roots. Dhak, a musical instrument used in Durga Puja. There were a lot Dhak instruments in the city. The city's name become Dhaka.

Hindu Raja Ballal Sen discovered a Devi idol in jungle. The idol was named Dhakeshwari Devi (Deity of Dhaka). He then founded Dhakeshwari Temple in Dhaka.

There are Muslim names also but far less than Hindu names. Gazipur, Munshigonj, Moulvi Bazar etc. but Hindu names are everywhere.

Durgapur, Lakshmipur, Raipur, Narayanganj, Shyamgonj, Ramgoti, Parvatipur, Brahman Baria and many more.

Bangladesh is secular Republic. During Mughal empire and Pakistan period some places names were changed. Like Dhaka became Jahangir Nagar, Vikrampur became Munshigonj but that was it.

We bother less about Hindu origin names. Infact Bangladesh name is Hindu origin. Should we change the name of the country now? We won't change it anymore.
Fun fact. Munshiganj is Muslim name but bikrampur under munshiganj district is named after the king bikram who used to rule there. Still majority in bikrampur are Muslims nowadays.

These types of Hindutva names of places are everywhere in Bangladesh. It's our history. We are not ready to change historical names.

My native district name is Lakshmipur. It's named after Devi Lakshmi . We will not change the name.

Durgapur is really beautiful place. You are welcome to visit there. Bangladesh is not all about Dhaka. We have some amazing tourist spots.
So proud of you bro. Hope our leaders could learn from Bangladesh about letting bygones be bygones. This poltical move of changing names of cities achieves nothing more than cheap votes. I highly condemn it.

You are free to consider yourself a former Sudra, but it is not wise to tag all Bengali Muslims like the ones as you are. Please read and understand the political history of Bengal since the arrival of Turko-Afghan Muslims in 1203 AD under the leadership of Ikhtiearuddin Muhammed Bakhtiar Khaliji.

Read also the chronological history of Bengal from that time to the time of Siraj-ud-Dowlah's demise in June 1757 AD. So, do not please tag all of us in one Sudra group like you. You can say, however, that we are a mixed group of people.
Can you be more clear on this. I am interested.

How about Harappa or Moenjodaro where your Hindu ancestors lived? And how about the name Multan which was built by your Hindu forefathers? Do you want to deny it? Please come with proofs.
Correction:

The people who lived in Harappa or Mohenjodaro were neither Hindus or Buddhists. They had their own distinct polytheist religion.

Wrong. Islam flourished in Bengal because of Buddhist converts. Not Hindus. We Muslims are essentially merchants or ex Buddhist

Fun fact. Munshiganj is Muslim name but bikrampur under munshiganj district is named after the king bikram who used to rule there. Still majority in bikrampur are Muslims nowadays.
Sorry guys, interrupting. Do you know from where Munshiganj (BD) name came?
What does Munshi mean?

Hint, there are multiple Munshiganj in India both in Bihar and UP.

However, I as a potential tourist do have a right to express my disgust at a hindu name. I would be honored to come to dhaka and visit places that reflect Muslim Bengal's culture. However, like I said, I do have the right to express my deepest hate for anything hindu.

So what are your thoughts on Hindus living in Pakistan? What does your "deepest hate" suggest that should be done to them ? Just curious.

So what are your thoughts on Hindus living in Pakistan? What does your "deepest hate" suggest that should be done to them ? Just curious.
They are our blood brothers and we will push for their and every minority to be treated as our brothers who we share blood lines with for centuries, they are part of Indus, soul of the land

but what will not happen is politicization of minorities, if you have or any country has issues with how we deal with em you simply have to suck it up and deal with it, its our sovereign country and we do what we do- for better or worse - deal with it

They are our blood brothers and we will push for their and every minority to be treated as our brothers who we share blood lines with for centuries, they are part of Indus

but what will not happen is politicization of minorities, if you have or any country has issues with how we deal with em you simply have to suck it up and deal with it, its our sovereign country and we do what we do- for better or worse - deal with it

I have seen your posts here and I do believe what you are saying about treating minorities here. My question was from that gentleman though. One expressing his "deepest hate" for "anything hindu".

About you, how do you feel when you realize that you might be a minority itself when it comes to "how the hindus of Pakistan are to be treated"? I mean look at that guy and his beliefs. His kind seem to be more prominent than your kind.

Back
Top Bottom