What's new

Durga idols broken, temples attacked

PlanetSoldier

Reaction score
Country
Bangladesh
Durga idols broken, temples attacked

Wed, Oct 10th, 2012 3:42 pm BdST

Munshiganj/Narail, Oct 10 (bdnews24.com) — Unidentified miscreants damaged idols of Hindu Goddess Durga in several makeshift temples in different parts of Munshiganj and Narail districts in the wee hours of Wednesday.

Bottola Mandap at Chhoto Shikarpur in Sirajdikhan was attacked shortly after six idols of the Hindu Goddess were installed around 2pm.

Minority Hindu community is preparing to celebrate its biggest religious festival, Durga Puja, in the last week of October.

The attacks came even as the country is yet to recover from the shock given by the communal violence in Cox's Bazaar and Chittagong districts that ravaged Buddhist villages in two days of attacks.

"Miscreants broke all the idols immediately after those were installed and the temple was razed to the ground," said President of Sirajdikhan Battola Puja Committee Keshob Chakrabarty.

Sirajdikhan Police Station Officer in Charge Sheikh Mahbubur Rahman said security was beefed up around the puja pandals and temples in his area to prevent recurrence of any such incident.

In another incident, police arrested two people for vandalising four idols of Goddess Durga at Thakurbari temple in Doamallikpur in Lohagara on Monday night.

Local MP Sukumar Ranjan Ghose believes the attacks on the Hindu temples came from the quarters involved in the Cox's Bazaar communal riot.

bdnews24.com/corr/eh/nir/1537h

http://www.bdnews24.com/details.php?cid=2&id=234044&hb=3

I've never seen such things before in BD other than the aftermath of Babri Mosque back in 90. Anyway, I'm giving my speech now on behalf of her majesty witch Hasina, "This is a clear premediatated act of a vested quarter who doesn't want to let people of different communities live together. (After a pause of 10 sec) It's been done by BNP-Jamat alliance to break the peace of the nation :argh:."

This is a clear cut sabotage... I do not now whether you know it or not after the ramu incident buddhist monk with the help of burmese troops (as they remained silent) destroyed a 800 year old mosque in Arakan.

This seems clearly a way to create problem inside Bangladesh.

The world erupted on a cartoon & film...

How can Hasina be blamed for this ? There are so many arms of the state - CID local police who are xpected to pre empt such acts and stop them.

This is a clear cut sabotage... I do not now whether you know it or not after the ramu incident buddhist monk with the help of burmese troops (as they remained silent) destroyed a 800 year old mosque in Arakan.

Can you imagine me saying that Muslims killed themselves in Gujrat riots in 2000? Because thats how ridiculous you sound...

The amount of hatred I see for non-Muslims from the PDF Bangladesh crowd, this doesnt surprise me one bit. I even think Pakistanis have more tolerance than you lot...

Can you imagine me saying that Muslims killed themselves in Gujrat riots in 2000? Because thats how ridiculous you sound...

The amount of hatred I see for non-Muslims from the PDF Bangladesh crowd, this doesnt surprise me one bit. I even think Pakistanis have more tolerance than you lot...

That was a riot it is not. I did not say either hindus have done it. Many factors are associated with it. For government this could be a nice way to divert people's attention from all the recent corruption scandal news and put the blame on BNP-Jammat aliance before the Dhaka City Corporation election, For BNP-Jammat this could be a nice way to put government in trouble and embarrass it, create some anarchy as they are preparing for movement after eid and obviously to create obstacle in the so called war crime trial. For outsiders specially India this could be a nice way to create social unrest, put Bangladesh in a negative way internationally and show the world that hard core so called Islamic extremist are holding ground here. So this is not easy to put blame on a single party as the whole issue is complex. As these sort of incident never happened earlier so for now it can be thought outsiders are involved into it.

That was a riot it is not. I did not say either hindus have done it. Many factors are associated with it. For government this could be a nice way to divert people's attention from all the recent corruption scandal news and put the blame on BNP-Jammat aliance before the Dhaka City Corporation election, For BNP-Jammat this could be a nice way to put government in trouble and embarrass it, create some anarchy as they are preparing for movement after eid and obviously to create obstacle in the so called war crime trial. For outsiders specially India this could be a nice way to create social unrest, put Bangladesh in a negative way internationally and show the world that hard core so called Islamic extremist are holding ground here. So this is not easy to put blame on a single party as the whole issue is complex. As these sort of incident never happened earlier so for now it can be thought outsiders are involved into it.

Yeah outsiders are involved in every thing bad that happens in your country, and insiders are also conveniently there for everything bad that happens in India. Funny you say its the first time this happened when this has become a weekly occurrence in Bangladesh with Buddhists last week. As I said earlier, looking at the general Jamaati mentality I see here in PDF, not surprising at all. Do some serious introspection before you become the next Pakistan...

Yeah outsiders are involved in every thing bad that happens in your country, and insiders are also conveniently there for everything bad that happens in India. Funny you say its the first time this happened when this has become a weekly occurrence in Bangladesh with Buddhists last week. As I said earlier, looking at the general Jamaati mentality I see here in PDF, not surprising at all. Do some serious introspection before you become the next Pakistan...

Both buddhist and this incident I termed as recent which never happened in Bangladesh. What happened in Gujrat and Orissa is undoubtedly done by the extremist hindus. And what sort of Jamaati mentality you have seen here??? Regarding the treatment towards minority Bangladesh is much better then any other state in south asia.

And we have to find out the masterminds who are involved in this other than running old way blame game so that it never takes place next. Did you see what Mahmudur Rahman Manna said, he aserts Ramu occurence was done by both BAL and BNP and even one OC inspired mob :

:: বাংলাদেশ প্রতিদিন :: সম্পাদকীয়

Both buddhist and this incident I termed as recent which never happened in Bangladesh. What happened in Gujrat and Orissa is undoubtedly done by the extremist hindus. And what sort of Jamaati mentality you have seen here??? Regarding the treatment towards minority Bangladesh is much better then any other state in south asia.

Stop issuing yourselves certificates pls. Your minorities are running away, their properties being forced away and their % falling every year, not the case with India.

Interesting isn't it, these retards cry tears of blood and make such an international tamasha when someone makes an unreleased film 9000 miles away, but they will always not only disrespect, but desecrate and destroy others symbols of religious significance at every possible opportunity. To their hateful indoctrinated minds, it does not even seem odd.

If its done in India, then its Indian (read Hindu) characteristics while if it is done in BD, its conspiracy to affect communal harmony.

Get it over guys, these extremists who destroyed these temples are not good for any community and religion. We hate Hindu extremists , the same way we hate other religion based extremists.

No need to find conspiracy everywhere.

Yeah thats why their % fell from 33% to barely 7% today. I don't think minorities in any other country have seen such a drastic change in demographics over a few decades. Best state for minorities my a$$.

Yeah thats why their % fell from 33% to barely 7% today. I don't think minorities in any other country have seen such a drastic change in demographics over a few decades. Best state for minorities my a$$.

Not really. During independence it was 13% and now it is 9%. Not a big fall and main reason of the fall is lower birth rate of the hindus compared to the the muslims. We all know in 70s muslims had a fertality rate of around 10 where as for hindus it was no more then 3-4. These had a big effect.

Back
Top Bottom